Gold pass parking question

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
R4118

Gold pass parking question

Post by R4118 »

This is the first time I bought a Gold pass for a Duxford show.

Just wondering about the parking. I usually arrive around 7.15, 7.30 at Duxford depending on traffic, coming from Folkestone, Eurotunnel. I can then drive straight in the west car park and enter the showground.
With this gold pass there is a vip parking near the museum shop. I would like to know if I can use this carpark also before 8 (=official opening time).
And also would like to know where you have to enter the showground. Through the museum shop, perhaps, and then before or after 8??

All practical info is welcome.
La Ferté-Alias
Old Warden
Tigermeet
Sywell
RIAT
Albert
Duxford
Sanicole

ForkTailedDevil

Re: Gold pass parking question

Post by ForkTailedDevil »

HI. VIP parking is in the normal museum car park and entrance is through the shop - normally right hand door is "fast track" for gold holders.

I can't comment on what time you can use the car park as I'm never there that early however there should have been an information sheet with your "ticket" and car pass which gives that sort of info. although I would have thought the car park would be open at the same time as any of the others and access to the "show ground" would be as advertised at 8am.

FTD.
Not to have an adequate air force is to compromise the foundations of freedom & independence.