Jersey 2016

News on all the seaside airshows up and down the country in one forum
Bronco

Re: Jersey 2016

Post by Bronco »

There are still some bits and bobs over in Guernsey which may be able to fill the gap left by the Aviat Husky such as the Strikemaster, Navy Wings Harvard, Breitling Wingwalkers and Rich Goodwin with his Pitts. Plus there are B1Bs and a B52 expected into Fairford

CJS

Post by CJS »

What is it with the assumption / hope that anything flying out of Fairford for a few weeks will be making an appearance at as many airshows as possible? Cosford this year aside (and look how well that went) does this actually ever really happen? These aircraft aren't here for a jolly remember?
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Jersey Organiser

Post by Jersey Organiser »

Brief Jersey Update

The first aircraft for the air display have arrived. We have four Swedish Air Force Historic Flight aircraft - SK60, J29 Tunnan, SK35C Draken and AJS 37 Viggen - on the parking apron alongside the CAC Boomerang and Polish Navy M28 Bryza. The bulk of the rest will be arriving tomorrow morning.

We have had two further losses - Stinson Reliant (flying) from the Netherlands and Royal Navy Merlin (static). At present we still have a full four hour flying display with roughly two minute intervals between acts.

jules48

Post by jules48 »

Display timetable on Jersey Air Display webpage

Zoom

Post by Zoom »

Really enjoyed the show and the day - £5 an hour just to spend a day on Jersey is good value in my book, add the airshow and well what can you say? ; I think everything in the revised timetable displayed apart from the Tunnan. Not sure if the planes were further back than usual but I got a good view;

Top 3 single planes for me were the Gnat Bronco and Drakken; all the display teams were ace as usual

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Such a shame to have lost the castle as a place to watch from. Can't have helped the Jersey Heritage trust either. I found the UK based displays much tamer and more distant than the European contingent. The Bronco, Boomerang and Swedes were loud, low and close whereas the BBMF, Gnat and Red Arrows were much further out.
All in all though a really good day out.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Jersey Organiser

Post by Jersey Organiser »

We had an excellent flying display day yesterday. Our only trouble was that the J29 Tunnan and Sk35C had trouble starting. The problem was not with the aircraft but with our ground support equipment. As a result we could not launch all the aircraft and do the four ship Saab jet formation that we had planned. I thought that we had lost both items as we had restricted airspace for the Patrouille de France around 3pm and the Reds about 4.30 and all the other acts between these two teams were ready for their display slots, however my Flying Display Director Les Garside-Beattie managed to find some time for the SK35C Draken. So our only loss was the J29 Tunnan, a great disappointment to me as I love the Swedish jets. My thanks to all who assisted us with the display.

The 2017 Jersey International Air Display will take place on Thursday 14th September.

keithholden

Post by keithholden »

Jersey Organiser wrote:We had an excellent flying display day yesterday. Our only trouble was that the J29 Tunnan and Sk35C had trouble starting. The problem was not with the aircraft but with our ground support equipment. As a result we could not launch all the aircraft and do the four ship Saab jet formation that we had planned. I thought that we had lost both items as we had restricted airspace for the Patrouille de France around 3pm and the Reds about 4.30 and all the other acts between these two teams were ready for their display slots, however my Flying Display Director Les Garside-Beattie managed to find some time for the SK35C Draken. So our only loss was the J29 Tunnan, a great disappointment to me as I love the Swedish jets. My thanks to all who assisted us with the display.

The 2017 Jersey International Air Display will take place on Thursday 14th September.

I came over on the Tuesday spent time at the Aero Club and Airport Static plus the display from St Aubins. Weather was fantastic I loved every minute of my trip. Well done especially like the access at the airport static. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

I was quite impressed by the 'flypast' by the Tonka GR4. I've not seen one in Desert Pink since the First Gulf War, thought I'd headed back by 25 years.

Also watched the GR4 make dramatic exit over the Airport on the Friday morning. Can only hope its a good omen for next year!

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!