The Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron at home

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
Agg
UKAR Staff

The Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron at home

Post by Agg »

On Friday a goo friend of mine invited me to come with him to Rygge air station to shoot the Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron as they were going up for a photoshoot with all three of their jets (two Vampires (a single seater and a two seater) and a two seater MiG-15 (well actually a Lim-2). Unfortunately my friend was held up a bit by work, so we didn't catch the start up or the take off, but we were on station for their return half an hour later and were treated to two photo passes before they landed. All in all it was a great day out in fantastic weather, with some gorgeous vintage jets are very nice people.

14 by Fredrik Edvardsen, on Flickr

03 by Fredrik Edvardsen, on Flickr

04 by Fredrik Edvardsen, on Flickr

01 by Fredrik Edvardsen, on Flickr

08 by Fredrik Edvardsen, on Flickr

13 by Fredrik Edvardsen, on Flickr

12 by Fredrik Edvardsen, on Flickr

16 by Fredrik Edvardsen, on Flickr

The Baron

Re: The Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron at home

Post by The Baron »

Whatever happened to the Norwegian T-33 that appeared briefly on the circuit several years ago?
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

The Baron wrote:Whatever happened to the Norwegian T-33 that appeared briefly on the circuit several years ago?

Not sure about the aircraft, but I believe the main display pilot is heavily involved with test flying the F35 this year?
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

That's correct, TinTin, the owner of the T-33, is the head of the Norwegian contingent at Luke AFB. The aircraft itself is grounded though, they are still missing some fuel hoses(?), and Im guessing that with TinTin in the States it's not exactly a priority. There is however plans to get the T-33 back in the air with Rolf Meum as a display pilot, Rolf flys the two-seater Vampire in these pictures.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Nice shots Fredrik, I like the backlit Mig on the runway.

Seen a lot of these jets myself in the last few years at their "home away from home", North Weald.

On the subject of the T-33, do you know if it has been repainted? I was led to believe when I saw it in 2012 that a repaint was planned.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:On the subject of the T-33, do you know if it has been repainted? I was led to believe when I saw it in 2012 that a repaint was planned.

I have no idea if it's in this scheme but their website has a drawing of it in Norwegian colours.

http://historicalsquadron.no/section.php?Category=AEROPLANES&Template=aeroplanes

That single seat Vampire is so much nicer than than the T.55. :cool:

Great set of pictures. :clap:

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Nice shots Fredrik, I like the backlit Mig on the runway.

Seen a lot of these jets myself in the last few years at their "home away from home", North Weald.

On the subject of the T-33, do you know if it has been repainted? I was led to believe when I saw it in 2012 that a repaint was planned.

Thanks, Dan :)

No, it's still grey, the only thing that's been done to it since it came to Norway is the application of some low-viz Norwegian roundels and a low-viz checker flag on the tail.

wallace

Post by wallace »

A nice set of photos you have there.

Just noticed the spelling of the BRAKE CANOPY FOR EMERGENCY EXIT on the Vampire.... I can't talk, my Norwegian is terrible.

eirik
UKAR Supporter

Post by eirik »

Agg wrote:That's correct, TinTin, the owner of the T-33, is the head of the Norwegian contingent at Luke AFB. The aircraft itself is grounded though, they are still missing some fuel hoses(?), and I'm guessing that with TinTin in the States it's not exactly a priority. There is however plans to get the T-33 back in the air with Rolf Meum as a display pilot, Rolf flys the two-seater Vampire in these pictures.

I spoke with Rolf Meum in June, and he told me they are planning to have the T-33(CT-133) ready for testflying in early winter 2017. I hope it will come to Sola Airshow :smile:

Eirik
Part of the Norwegian Spitfire Foundation.
http://www.norwegianspitfire.com

My photos:
http://aviationpix.no

eirik
UKAR Supporter

Post by eirik »

Agg wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:Nice shots Fredrik, I like the backlit Mig on the runway.

Thanks, Dan :)

No, it's still grey, the only thing that's been done to it since it came to Norway is the application of some low-viz Norwegian roundels and a low-viz checker flag on the tail.

The next step after it is airworthy is to give it a proper RNoAF paint scheme. I told TinTin that silver is not good enough. It has to be polished metal, I am not completely certain that he agreed with me on that :wink:
Last edited by eirik on Tue 08 Nov 2016, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

My photos:

eirik
UKAR Supporter

Post by eirik »

Excellent shots Fredrik!

Looks like a nice day out :smile:

Eirik

My photos:

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Good to know it's still about. Thanks for the update!
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Cracking shots of some wonderful aircraft, lovely to see as always. The MiG taking off looks brilliant.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016