Fly Navy II - 4 June 2017

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
Elliott Marsh

Fly Navy II - 4 June 2017

Post by Elliott Marsh »

http://www.shuttleworth.org/events/flynavy/

The list is now up at the link above. Last year's big hits are all back!

Seamus

Re: Fly Navy II - 4 June 2017

Post by Seamus »

Glorious, but if we're being greedy, hopefully room for a Sea Fury or two to be added as well :cool:
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Additional Wasp, Skyraider and big Seafire are different.

Fairy Swordfish is presumably doing a bubbles display? :dunno:

As has been said, plenty more could be added - Catalina, Sea Fury, Blackcats would be good. :biggrin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

Skyraider and Vixen, yes please.

See you there.

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

Kennet Skyraider and Seafire were down for last year but sadly didn't make it, hopefully they will this time.

It's a shame it clashes with La Ferte Alais Airshow this year. :sad:

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

Praying the CAA lift the Hunter ban before June, so we can see the Hunter PR11 from St Athan at the show. :drool:

capercaillie wrote: Catalina, Sea Fury, Blackcats would be good. :biggrin:

Agreed.

centaurus18

Post by centaurus18 »

Spotty_Jag wrote:Praying the CAA lift the Hunter ban before June, so we can see the Hunter PR11 from St Athan at the show. :drool:

capercaillie wrote: Catalina, Sea Fury, Blackcats would be good. :biggrin:

Agreed.

Or the Hunter T.8B from North Weald..... :drool:
Mark
'We’re in the stickiest situation, since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.'

timuss

Post by timuss »

This was a superb show last year more of the same will be lovely, Couple of Sea Furies would be a nice addition :cool:
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

timuss wrote:This was a superb show last year more of the same will be lovely, Couple of Sea Furies would be a nice addition :cool:

This does look like a pretty conclusive list. I would doubt Shuttleworth would be adding too much, if anything too it. Hope I'm wrong though. :grin:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Ryan. wrote:
timuss wrote:This was a superb show last year more of the same will be lovely, Couple of Sea Furies would be a nice addition :cool:

This does look like a pretty conclusive list. I would doubt Shuttleworth would be adding too much, if anything too it. Hope I'm wrong though. :grin:

5 months in advance? It chopped and changed all the way to the show last year as many Old Warden events do.

King Cobra

Post by King Cobra »

Just hope they can arrange the same superb weather as last year. :)

bigcrow

Post by bigcrow »

Excellent really enjoyed last year, just need the Vixen on later in the day rather than the start & we will all be happy campers as long as the sun shines... :smile:

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

bigcrow wrote:Just need the Vixen on later in the day rather than the start & we will all be happy campers as long as the sun shines... :smile:

Sea Vixen to close the show please... I'd buy a ticket just for that.

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

capercaillie wrote:
Ryan. wrote:

5 months in advance? It chopped and changed all the way to the show last year as many Old Warden events do.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't recall them releasing such a comprehensive list so long before a show. Shuttleworth has normally advertised a couple of visiting items and a selection of home based items. This has then been added to as the show drew closer, I can't recall them releasing such a comprehensive list so long before a show. I would guess because they hope to sell as many advance tickets as possible, if you're going to sell advanced tickets against a participation list, I can't see it changing much.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

They released very early information for the first time last year. For example for the July military pageant, the news of 6 visiting Hurricanes was released in December 2015, which as we know was changed. The Fly Navy show had Kennett's Seafire and Skyraider listed in November 2015, as we know neither attended.

More comprehensive lists came out earlier than normal last year in March IIRC, Ok slightly earlier this year, but you cannot take those as definitive lists as you are trying to say.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

'capercaillie' is correct (as usual! :smile: ) in his assertions that their proposed participation-list is just that...proposed!!
All such 'lists' are quite understandably hedged with all the usual caveats plus the 'old CAA' get-out clause now? Purchasing advance-tickets on the basis of a listing at this stage is definitely building for a fall.
For example, I'm not too sure the Vixen is yet fixed after Eastbourne 2016? It required a really comprehensive repair due to peripheral damage to the opposite wing from the stuck flap? The RNHT website doesn't seem to be updated very often & has included 'Vulcanesque' pleadings for £150,000 Public donations to do those repairs? If a genuine appeal for funds exists, why isn't it featured prominently on this Forum?
Diluting this thread further, who wouldn't give money to a flying Vixen over a 'shed' for a dead Vulcan!
Very happy for somebody 'in the know' to correct me & reassure others that Foxy 'could' be at 'Fly Navy 2'?? :drool:

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

Stagger2 wrote:'capercaillie' is correct (as usual! :smile: ) in his assertions that their proposed participation-list is just that...proposed!!
All such 'lists' are quite understandably hedged with all the usual caveats plus the 'old CAA' get-out clause now? Purchasing advance-tickets on the basis of a listing at this stage is definitely building for a fall.
For example, I'm not too sure the Vixen is yet fixed after Eastbourne 2016? It required a really comprehensive repair due to peripheral damage to the opposite wing from the stuck flap? The RNHT website doesn't seem to be updated very often & has included 'Vulcanesque' pleadings for £150,000 Public donations to do those repairs? If a genuine appeal for funds exists, why isn't it featured prominently on this Forum?
Diluting this thread further, who wouldn't give money to a flying Vixen over a 'shed' for a dead Vulcan!
Very happy for somebody 'in the know' to correct me & reassure others that Foxy 'could' be at 'Fly Navy 2'?? :drool:

I wasn't arguing that it was anything other than proposed. Of course a flying list is always going to change with differing commitments and serviceability.

I meant that I don't see anything else significant being added to this list. May well be wrong, only time will tell.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

No personal affront intended Ryan, merely my own jaded view of reality-vs-'wishes'. My view is that there are far more likely to be some significant cancellations than further additions! Many prior comments about this Event understandably include particular hopes for the Vixen & timing of its appearance. I'm merely saying that until we get some good info' out of Yeovilton, the timing of its display could be 2018? :shock:

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

Stagger2 wrote:No personal affront intended Ryan

None taken. :smile:

Last years show was easily one the highlights of the 2016 airshow season. Hopefully will be in 2017 too. :cool:

st24

Post by st24 »

It'll do I guess... :drool: :drool:

• Sea Vixen
• Seafire 3
• Seafire 17
• Westland Wasp (Terry Martin)
• Westland Wasp
• Gazelle
• Hawker Nimrod (Historic Aircraft Collection)
• Hawker Nimrod (The Fighter Collection)
• Chipmunk
• Morane MS317
• T6 Texan
• Fairy Swordfish
• Bristol Scout
• Dragon Rapide
• Avro 504K Replica
• Grumman Wildcat
• Grumman Bearcat
• Goodyear Corsair
• Skyraider

COLLECTION AIRCRAFT

• Hawker Sea Hurricane
• Avro Anson
• Hawker Demon
• Tiger Moth
• Miles Magister
• Avro Tutor
• Chipmunk
• DH60 Moth
• Westland Lysander
• Gloster Gladiator
• Sopwith Pup
• Bristol F2b
• Sopwith Triplane
• Bristol Boxkite
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Every chance this'll be the finest airshow in the UK in 2017. I'd predict an early sell-out. What a line-up! :clap:

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

Keep in mind the line up is provisional at the moment.

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

PeterR wrote:
bigcrow wrote:Just need the Vixen on later in the day rather than the start & we will all be happy campers as long as the sun shines... :smile:

Sea Vixen to close the show please... I'd buy a ticket just for that.

This. :clap:

Post by 5944 »

How the hell am I going to be able persuade my girlfriend to let me go to this, as it's 5 days after she's meant to give birth!

The line ups for the rest of the shows are pretty incredible too. I thought Shuttleworth was getting a bit stale, and the CAA restrictions were killing it, but I think I'll be going a lot more this year.

john001

Post by john001 »

5944 wrote:How the hell am I going to be able persuade my girlfriend to let me go to this, as it's 5 days after she's meant to give birth!

The line ups for the rest of the shows are pretty incredible too. I thought Shuttleworth was getting a bit stale, and the CAA restrictions were killing it, but I think I'll be going a lot more this year.

Just don't tell her you are off to see a Foxy Lady