Blackbushe 75th anniversary festival of flight1-2 July

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
farnboroughrob

Blackbushe 75th anniversary festival of flight1-2 July

Post by farnboroughrob »

Some of you may ahve seen this event in airshow calendars? I can thankfully say this event is now set to go ahead after some issues have been overcome. :yahoo: This is a enthusiast run even and we are striving to get some interesting aircraft. Applications have been made to the UK military and the USAF. There is planned to be a full flying display both afternoons featuring a mix of acts that are to be confirmed. There will also be a fly-in and static aircraft display. Car parking will be on the disused runways on the north side with a shuttle bus (lots more than last year!), and this area will need to be cleared of spectators during the flying display.
Would be interested if any of you know people with cockipts, or any WW2 reinactor groups.

Rob
Last edited by farnboroughrob on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FarnboroJohn

Re: Blackbushe 75th anniversary air show 1-2 July

Post by FarnboroJohn »

farnboroughrob wrote:Some of you may ahve seen this event in airshow calendars? I can thankfully say this event is now set to go ahead after some issues have been overcome. :yahoo: This is a enthusiast run even and we are striving to get some interesting aircraft. Applications have been made to the UK military and the USAF. There is planned to be a full flying display both afternoons featuring a mix of acts that are to be confirmed. There will also be a fly-in and static aircraft display. Car parking will be on the disused runways on the north side with a shuttle bus (lots more than last year!), and this area will need to be cleared of spectators during the flying display.
Would be interested if any of you know people with cockipts, or any WW2 reinactor groups.

Rob

If you're going to clear the North side during the display (and with it being an open access common with many access points, used by many locals for dog walking etc that might be quite a trick) where is the crowd line going to be?

I like the idea, it's almost walkable from home.

John

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

It is going to be a challenge, hopefully the common and car parks will be handled by professionals. The crowd line will run from the terminal down to the western end of the runway running parallel with the taxiway. Static aircraft will be as last year's airday between the cafe and temporary hangars. Last years air day was very much a dress rehearsal for this event.
Many aircraft will arrive on the Friday and am looking at some sort of additional enthusiast access that day.

john001

Post by john001 »

Last time I was there it was CASA 2.111s and a low flying DC8 - good luck with the show great to see it back in this form...

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

john001 wrote:Last time I was there it was CASA 2.111s and a low flying DC8 - good luck with the show great to see it back in this form...

believe it or not the display director is the same person as in 1977! Back then I was 7 years old, he is now semi-retired.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

I can say this event is progressing well, particularly as we now have some experienced people on board. We should be able to reveal some acts soon but we are hoping for a interesting event. I have put forward to 'der management' that we hold a photo call on the Friday afternoon where people can photograph static and flying aircraft with no barriers and people around them . The numbers would be limited to fifty and the cost would be sensible, not too much more than the weekend admission price. All proceeds will go to Help for Heros and Aerobility. Just looking for expressions of interest as I don't plan to go any further until closer to the time when we know what will be arriving on the friday, that will be April/May.
cheers
Rob

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

farnboroughrob wrote:I can say this event is progressing well, particularly as we now have some experienced people on board. We should be able to reveal some acts soon but we are hoping for a interesting event. I have put forward to 'der management' that we hold a photo call on the Friday afternoon where people can photograph static and flying aircraft with no barriers and people around them . The numbers would be limited to fifty and the cost would be sensible, not too much more than the weekend admission price. All proceeds will go to Help for Heros and Aerobility. Just looking for expressions of interest as I don't plan to go any further until closer to the time when we know what will be arriving on the friday, that will be April/May.
cheers
Rob

I'd definitely be interested if you have some unusual types!

Jay

Post by Jay »

I would definitely go to that if it goes ahead, I really enjoyed the event last year.
My biggest problem would be getting to the show, as I don't drive and the site is not that well served by public transport my only options are a train to Fleet then I could either cycle or get a taxi.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Jay wrote:I would definitely go to that if it goes ahead, I really enjoyed the event last year.
My biggest problem would be getting to the show, as I don't drive and the site is not that well served by public transport my only options are a train to Fleet then I could either cycle or get a taxi.

Sadly there is no longer a bus service that passes the airport. Blackwater and Fleet stations are not too far by taxi.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Should be able to release some details in the next week or so and have a website up and running as we now have some professional management in place. At least two acts will be operating from the airport over the weekend to tie in with Swansea that weekend. We also probably have a returnee from last year's air day. With the Red Arrows likely to be operating from Farnborough for Goodwood we are optimistic of getting a flypast

K213

Post by K213 »

I would also express interest if access was available on the Friday.

Enjoyed last year very much.

Jay

Post by Jay »

I might cycle from Fleet, it would save me at least £20 on taxi fares, is there anywhere secure to lock my bike up?

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Jay wrote:I might cycle from Fleet, it would save me at least £20 on taxi fares, is there anywhere secure to lock my bike up?

Last year I didn't see anything specific for bicycles however there were several locked against the fence.
Simon

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

The basic air show website is now on line http://www.blackbushe75.com/index.php . It will be further expanded in the coming weeks. So the first acts to be announced are
The Blades (F)
AACHF (F/S)
BBMF Spitfire/ Hurricane (F)(TBC as the calendar isn't out yet)

There are likely to be some returnees from last year, some flying this time. Got a predictable no from the USAF, awaiting UK service decision. Also maybe some public transport available from Blackwater Station for those who need it, all TBC.

The Friday PM photo call has been given the go ahead. I will firm up details around May when we have a better idea of what will be arriving when. Probably be from 4-6pm, or there about, limited to around 30-40 people.

rob

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

£25 seems a bit pricey.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Tickets are actually a few quid cheaper than Dunsfold and £20 for tickets purchased before the end of May.
Of course we are all rolling in money in the south LOL! :tumbleweed:

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

farnboroughrob wrote:Of course we are all rolling in money in the south LOL! :tumbleweed:

I wish! :biggrin:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

£25?! Same price as Cosford or Yeovilton that! :dizzy:

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Willing to be proved wrong but the way I read the ticket prices is:

Earlybird tickets: £20 for the first ticket & £5 for extra tickets
On the day: £25 for the first ticket & £8 for extra tickets

If I am correct then yes, if you are solo it is more expensive but if you go with someone it works out quite cheap if you split the cost.
Simon

K213

Post by K213 »

Does appear to be pricey - compared with the likes of Abingdon and the fact that last year (albeit without a flying display) was £15.00.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

wv383 wrote:Willing to be proved wrong but the way I read the ticket prices is:

Earlybird tickets: £20 for the first ticket & £5 for extra tickets
On the day: £25 for the first ticket & £8 for extra tickets

If I am correct then yes, if you are solo it is more expensive but if you go with someone it works out quite cheap if you split the cost.

No I don't think that is what it is saying
Every adult pays £20 advance £25 on the day
Kids go free up to 2 per adult. Third and subsequent kids are £5
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Tank buster is correct
Adult early bird £20, there after £25
Kids- under 5 free, 5-16 free but a max of 2, more than 2 £5 each.

Last year was only £5 because it had no flying. Locally it is cheaper than Dunsfold, and that is the only other local airshow this year. Hopefully it will be worth it if everything hoped for confirms. Of course if anybody would like to volunteer you get to see it all for free, and it has other advantages.

Should have more details on everything after today meeting.

wv383

Post by wv383 »

farnboroughrob wrote:Tank buster is correct
Adult early bird £20, there after £25
Kids- under 5 free, 5-16 free but a max of 2, more than 2 £5 each.

Last year was only £5 because it had no flying. Locally it is cheaper than Dunsfold, and that is the only other local airshow this year. Hopefully it will be worth it if everything hoped for confirms. Of course if anybody would like to volunteer you get to see it all for free, and it has other advantages.

Should have more details on everything after today meeting.

Thank you for clarifying. Probably a result of my recent illness (anuerism that needed six weeks in hospital) that caused me to misunderstand. It happens a bit at the moment.
Simon

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

No problem, glad you are back on your feet. It is not the clearest website but the show is battling against the ever running clock.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Catalina G-PBYA (F) confirmed on their website
Great war Display Team (F)
Rapide G-AHAG will probably be back doing pleasure flights, was £99 last year, a great experience.

I will also say two words..... night shoot...sssssh :ninja:

I will add I am just a volunteer at and will only be listing aircraft once they are in the public domain.