NTM 2017

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
frank

Re: NTM 2017

Post by frank »

Spotty_Jag wrote:
frank wrote:
Hampshire Aviation wrote:How about flying from Shoreham - much cheaper

1) What's the biggest aircraft that could operate from the airfield?
2) Consider the positioning costs to/from Shoreham. (Whereas there are Charter operators with aircraft based at BHX).
3) Shoreham won't have a high enough crash category for passenger flights.
4) Target market for passengers, Birmingham is central to many more people.

My comments were to Hampshire Aviation to be honest - so if you really want to find out the answer to your questions then please feel free to do so and maybe post the answers back here.
Southampton could be another alternative
I would add
- Shoreham does do charter flights - I have arranged them before in a works capacity to the Continent.
- No idea what the capacity could be - but how many people would be really interested ?
- Regarding costs -it will still be cheaper for a smaller aircraft with all seats taken from a small airport rather than larger one with empty seats from BHX. If Hampshire Aviation wanted to inquire he could easily find it.
- Location wise - Agreed it may not be as central as Birmingham but is that really the over riding criteria.

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Very much unconfirmed at the moment, but looking at £360 pp if I can fill 60 spaces...

PM me if you're interested please!

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

How does the registration process usually work. Are there limited numbers or open to anyone who applies before the deadline.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Central Europe ( soon to be historic term? :biggrin: ) is +1 hour & usually the first 2000 places are taken instantaneously by 'Spotter Groups' with good advance intel' within the opening 30 minutes! Probably best to have as many means of notification open to you as possible. The number of applications accepted are either by cut-off date or more likely prior to that due to 'capacity' being reached. Hth.
'One' would hope that the number of applicants seeking to do both dates would be restricted in the event of over-subscription, allowing others to attend. But hey, it's in France!.... c'est la vie. :loser:

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

Stagger2 wrote:Central Europe ( soon to be historic term? :biggrin: ) is +1 hour & usually the first 2000 places are taken instantaneously by 'Spotter Groups' with good advance intel' within the opening 30 minutes! Probably best to have as many means of notification open to you as possible. The number of applications accepted are either by cut-off date or more likely prior to that due to 'capacity' being reached. Hth.
'One' would hope that the number of applicants seeking to do both dates would be restricted in the event of over-subscription, allowing others to attend. But hey, it's in France!.... c'est la vie. :loser:

How quickly does it normally hit capacity (or does that vary by location). I'm wanting to book my flights now whilst they are a decent price.

A380_sully

Post by A380_sully »

Nwalch wrote:
Stagger2 wrote:Central Europe ( soon to be historic term? :biggrin: ) is +1 hour & usually the first 2000 places are taken instantaneously by 'Spotter Groups' with good advance intel' within the opening 30 minutes! Probably best to have as many means of notification open to you as possible. The number of applications accepted are either by cut-off date or more likely prior to that due to 'capacity' being reached. Hth.

How quickly does it normally hit capacity (or does that vary by location). I'm wanting to book my flights now whilst they are a decent price.

Don't be put off by the above. Only once in the last five years has a day reached beyond its allocation and applications have been refused. I've booked my ferry and camping ready for the first spotters day. :up:

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

A380. What camping options are there in the local area ? Are there likely to be any NTM camp sites "pop up" ? Last time NTM as at Landivisiau we just kipped in the car. Smelly but cheap :smile:

A380_sully

Post by A380_sully »

DOUGHNUT wrote:A380. What camping options are there in the local area ? Are there likely to be any NTM camp sites "pop up" ? Last time NTM as at Landivisiau we just kipped in the car. Smelly but cheap :smile:

We've gone for Camping Ar Kleguer, Avenue de la mer, Finistére. About 20 mins drive from Llandivisau and by the sea. Plenty of amneities. Rates ar €18 local tax fee (one off), Tent and car €9.20/day, adult €4.85/day, electric hook up €4.95/day. There is a booking refundable deposit of €60. So about €56.00 for 2 nights effectively.

Cheers, Kelvin

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Gentlemen! Start your engines!

Registration is now open!

They will conduct a security check (you must supply a scanned copy of your passport), and will then contact you for payment. Once money has changed hands only then is your place confirmed.

35 euros for one day
60 euros for both
5 euros a day for a lunch bag

http://www.natotigers.org/spottersday-ntm-2017

Niallxg

Post by Niallxg »

boff180 wrote:Gentlemen! Start your engines!

They will conduct a security check (you must supply a scanned copy of your passport), and will then contact you for payment. Once money has changed hands only then is your place confirmed.

35 euros for one day
60 euros for both

You forgot the request for T-Shirt size :biggrin:

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

Niallxg wrote:

35 euros for one day
60 euros for both

Not to mention camera brand. Maybe there are introducing segregation :).

Niallxg

Post by Niallxg »

Nwalch wrote:
Niallxg wrote:

35 euros for one day
60 euros for both

Not to mention camera brand. Maybe there are introducing segregation :).

:lol:

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

Anyone had correspondence from the spotters day team, other than getting the registration ID after originally filling in the form?
Gary

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

All I had was the confirmation webpage with the registration ID number on. Not had any emails from them at all.

I expect they will block security check everyone and we won't hear for a few weeks.

Booking flights and hotel regardless however, can't take the risk getting a place then not being able to get there lol

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

What ID numbers have people got, mine (registered two people) are just over 1000...

I guess that's total registrations, for both days?!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Hampshire Aviation wrote:What ID numbers have people got, mine (registered two people) are just over 1000...

I guess that's total registrations, for both days?!

Assume so, I selected the second day within 30 min of the form appearing and was number #45, I believe Sam is #30!

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

I selected the second date just before 8pm and I'm in the mid 200's. As it's just a three (now four) digit number I assume it's just a count for both days.

I'm expecting more people on the first date based on what people have been saying about when they are going?

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Thanks both, was a little concerned as the TAM spotters day the day after NTM might have caused a small (large!) influx of registrations...

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

Hampshire Aviation wrote:Thanks both, was a little concerned as the TAM spotters day the day after NTM might have caused a small (large!) influx of registrations...

TAM spotters day?

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=76248

Sorry, TWM - Tactical Weapons Meet

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

Hampshire Aviation wrote:viewtopic.php?f=21&t=76248

Sorry, TWM - Tactical Weapons Meet

Yeah bit too far of a detour on the way back for me. Shame.

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

I applied for the Thursday, the day after the registration opened. My ID is in the 600s :smile: who said yes to the food bag?

The TAM sounds good. Just the timing is wrong for me :sad: Off to see G 'N R on the 16th :rock:
Gary

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Post by Ledhead27 »

I've opted for the foodbag, probably safer to eat their food than make myself a packed lunch!
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Current units rumoured to be taking part in NTM 2017 (published by Defens'Aero Twitter) - this DOES NOT mean they are sending aircraft but I really hope they do! I have listed the aircraft type though just in case.

NTA Units
NATO - Staff
NATO - 1AEW&CS - (E-3A)
RAF - 230Sqn - (Puma)
RN - 814NAS - (Merlin)
BELGIUM - 31SMD - (F-16)
ITALY - 21 Gruppo - (AB-212)
ITALY - 12 Gruppo - (Typhoon)
SWISS - 11 Staffel - (F-18)
AUSTRIA - 1JTS - (Saab 105)
SPAIN - 142Esc - (Typhoon)
SPAIN - ALA 15 - (EF-18+)
CZECH - 211TL - (Gripen)
GERMANY - Taktw 51 - (Tornado ECR)
GERMANY - Taktw 74 - (Typhoon - Bavarian Tigers)
KLU - 313Sqn - (F-16)
FRANCE - ECE 01/30 - (Mirage 2000B, 2000C, 2000-5, 2000D, 2000N, Rafale, Alpha Jet)
FRANCE - ECE 3/30 - (Rafale)

Other Units/Bases/Ships Participating
RN - 849NAS - (Sea King AEW)
RN - HMS Duncan
GERMANY - GFD - (Learjets)
FRANCE - DDG Chevalier Paul
FRANCE - FS Aquitaine
FRANCE - 3RHC - (Gazelle)
FRANCE - 5RHC - (Tigre)
FRANCE - 4F - (E-2C)
FRANCE - CRC
FRANCE - 11RAMA
FRANCE - GBAD
FRANCE - CIS
FRANCE - CECLANT
FRANCE - Lanveoc NAS - (NH-90, EC225, Lynx, Alouette 3, MS893, CAP 10B, SR20)

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Of course not included on that list are 11F with their Rafale M who are the host unit.

Andy