Disbandment 348 MTA Hellenic Air Force

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
114PM

Disbandment 348 MTA Hellenic Air Force

Post by 114PM »

Please find below the details about the planned spotterday for the disbandment of 348 MTA of the HAF.
Notice the deadline (31. March)!

Regards

Last edited by 114PM on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: Disbandment 348 MTA Hellenic Air Force

Post by Wissam24 »

Thanks for the heads up - have now registered for the spotters day.
Now to work out how to get there...and with whom...
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

114PM

Post by 114PM »

:)

Don't forget, that the next day (5th of May), there will be a static with participation of other european recce planes and a small airshow.

Regards
Marcus

114PM

Post by 114PM »

Now ... :smile:

Last edited by 114PM on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 10:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Oh nice.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Registration confirmed :rock: :rock:

CG3

Post by CG3 »

114PM wrote::)

Don't forget, that the next day (5th of May), there will be a static with participation of other european recce planes and a small airshow.

Regards
Marcus

Has the 300 quota been reached?

114PM

Post by 114PM »

Last edited by 114PM on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

114PM

Post by 114PM »

Guys, in a few days, all people accepted will get the confirmation :)

Aviamil

Post by Aviamil »

Hi,

For those still waiting/wondering, I applied around 23:00 on Thursday evening and just received confirmation around 15:00 Saturday, No.117. as Sam said... now to sort the logistics of getting there sorted. Looks to be relatively straight forward.

Cheers
Marc

114PM

Post by 114PM »

Since yesterday, the maximum number of participants is reached.
Due to high demand, the final number was increased from 300 to 500. so, it could be that some of you will still get a confirmation the next days.

Wish luck to everyone and let us hope for nice, sunny weather without to much heat!

114PM

Post by 114PM »

My friends, the road distance from Athens is 350 km and from Thessaloniki 150 km.

Don't forget, except a rental car, there are also the relative cheap KTEL long distance busses running multiple times per day from both cities to Larissa:

http://www.ktellarisas.gr/routes.php

Regards
Marcus

Mictheslik

Post by Mictheslik »

I plan to fly into Thessaloniki on the Wednesday and back on the Saturday. I've got a hotel booked in Larissa, but if anyone wants o go halves on a rental car/fuel I'd be up for that!

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

Anyone know what we are supposed to do with the latest email regarding the embassy in Athens?

Rumwolf

Post by Rumwolf »

flybynight wrote:Anyone know what we are supposed to do with the latest email regarding the embassy in Athens?

I have emailed the embassy using the general address on the gov.uk website explaining why I was emailing and attached a copy of my passport and provisional place allocation.

I have no idea whether our embassies have access to the details of 66m or however many there in issue passports but I guess all you can do is as the HAF have requested.

The question is who at the embassy does the HAF contact (air attache perhaps?) and will that be the same person who receives our emails? In the email I requested that it be forwarded to someone who might have responsibility for dealing with such matters or provide me with their contact details so I can approach them directly.

Fingers crossed!

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Anyone else get this last night?

'After checking of personal data from the competent Greek authorities, the final list of participants will be drawn. Unfortunately we cannot accurately tell you when.
We will update you about anything new.
We will also send you very soon detailed information about the event.'

So does this mean that those that have purchased airline tickets and hotel rooms and booked car hire may not actually get to go?

Slightly worrying I must say.
Got to love Russianhardware

114PM

Post by 114PM »

As far as I know, the only case that someone will not be accepted would be, if the respective embassy says so to the HAF. So, if you have behaved yourself in your home country and are not on any "blacklist", you should not worry :wink:

Regarding the sending of your data to the embassy, just send a e-mail with a short explanation and a passport copy to your respective military attache. The HAF has contacted the embassies and tha attaches know what to do.

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

114PM,

You are indeed a credit to the Hellenic Airforce, thank you.

If we meet over the open days, I'll buy you a beer :worship:
Last edited by HeyfordDave111 on Tue 28 Feb 2017, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sebcoe

Post by sebcoe »

Hi - anyone know how best to contact the military attaches? Via the embassy in Athens, or do they have their own details? TIA

Rumwolf

Post by Rumwolf »

I'm rather hoping that my email (and everybody else's) will be forwarded to the military attache by whoever is responsible for dealing with the embassy's general email address.

114PM

Post by 114PM »

HeyfordDave111 wrote:114PM,

You are indeed a credit to the Hellenic Airforce, thank you.

If we meet over the open days, I'll buy you a beer :worship:

Thank you :smile:

Really hope you will all have a great time in Larissa!

114PM

Post by 114PM »

My friends,

please find below a message from 348 MTA.

Dear friends,

in order to avoid any misunderstanding we would like to inform you of the following:
The list with 535 spotters is final and there will not be any further increase of the number of participants! The first 535 who sent the application are on the list and will of course participate in this event! Someone will only be excluded if the relevant authorities find anything alarming for the security of the unit and of the entire organization. This is not in our responsibility!
For the record, the number of 535 came after the huge participation from your side, by increasing the initial number of 300 to 500, and the good will from our side to satisfy as many of you as possible.
We just had to stop by 500 due to eventual organizational problems and timely begining of the security checks! We should not forget that this event takes place in a military area with certain restrictions!

Finally, please forgive us any omissions or errors since it is the first time for all of us, that such an event is organized in this way!

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Rumwolf

Post by Rumwolf »

114PM wrote:My friends,

please find below a message from 348 MTA.

Dear friends,

in order to avoid any misunderstanding we would like to inform you of the following:
The list with 535 spotters is final and there will not be any further increase of the number of participants! The first 535 who sent the application are on the list and will of course participate in this event! Someone will only be excluded if the relevant authorities find anything alarming for the security of the unit and of the entire organization. This is not in our responsibility!
For the record, the number of 535 came after the huge participation from your side, by increasing the initial number of 300 to 500, and the good will from our side to satisfy as many of you as possible.
We just had to stop by 500 due to eventual organizational problems and timely begining of the security checks! We should not forget that this event takes place in a military area with certain restrictions!

Finally, please forgive us any omissions or errors since it is the first time for all of us, that such an event is organized in this way!

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Thank you very much for posting this and all of your other posts too. Extremely helpful and very much appreciated.
Fingers crossed that the embassies play their part.

114PM

Post by 114PM »

My pleasure to help :)

If anyone of you has a question regarding the event or transfer to Larissa in general, please don't hesitate to ask.

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Hi 114PM,

Just a couple of questions if I may?

1) I'm hiring a car at Athens airport, will there be on base parking for the spotters event?
2) I note using google earth you have a selection of preserved aircraft on display, will these be accessible on the spotters day / display day for photography?

Many thanks
Dave