RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
Chris G

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Post by Chris G »

CJS wrote:Didn't the Raptor display at both RIAT and Duxford just last year?

One was display other was Heritage Flight.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Chris G wrote:
CJS wrote:Didn't the Raptor display at both RIAT and Duxford just last year?

One was display other was Heritage Flight.

Same aircraft (wasn't it?) at two shows on the same day though. It could as easily have been two full displays.
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

No it couldn't, look at the Raptor display schedule, has it ever done two displays on the same day! The Heritage flight is a totally different type of performance from the solo demo.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Yep I know that, I naively assumed it would be the same plane and same pilot and therefore could be the same display.

Anyway, it was still two displays in one day from the same aircraft at different locations :-).

So we're both right. ;-)

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

We'll see what happens come September. Maybe the Belgian F-16 will come across in return for the RAF contributions to Sanicole, but as for the assortment of other foreign displays I can't see it happening.

BossMann

Post by BossMann »

The Belgian F16 solo display has displayed at more than one show in different countries on the same day ( Waddington/ Belgian Air Days 2010 ) so it would be nice if the Belgians could send it to Scampton in return for the Red Arrows/ Typhoon and BBMF DC3.

It would be nicer if the Belgians could send their Thunder Tiger F16 formation across too - I wouldn't be complaining! they could also send their Red Devils team and A109 demos but I don't know if it will be possible for them to transit and display and then fly back to Sanicole...

As for the other items to 'share' I don't think the national aerobatic teams apart from the Reds do 2 displays in one day so the only possibility would be the saturday when there is no show at Sanicole.

It could be bad in 2018 as the planned Scampton airshow dates ( second weekend in Sept) clash with the Belgian Air Days planned dates at KB which normally have an impressive line up. Waddington used to suffer from clashes with the Belgian Air Days when it used to be in July until the Belgians shifted their dates so its a shame that the show that replaces Waddington is going through the same problem - maybe Scampton needs to switch dates????

sithrity

Post by sithrity »

BossMann wrote:The Belgian F16 solo display has displayed at more than one show in different countries on the same day ( Waddington/ Belgian Air Days 2010 ) so it would be nice if the Belgians could send it to Scampton in return for the Red Arrows/ Typhoon and BBMF DC3.

It would be nicer if the Belgians could send their Thunder Tiger F16 formation across too - I wouldn't be complaining! they could also send their Red Devils team and A109 demos but I don't know if it will be possible for them to transit and display and then fly back to Sanicole...

As for the other items to 'share' I don't think the national aerobatic teams apart from the Reds do 2 displays in one day so the only possibility would be the saturday when there is no show at Sanicole.

It could be bad in 2018 as the planned Scampton airshow dates ( second weekend in Sept) clash with the Belgian Air Days planned dates at KB which normally have an impressive line up. Waddington used to suffer from clashes with the Belgian Air Days when it used to be in July until the Belgians shifted their dates so its a shame that the show that replaces Waddington is going through the same problem - maybe Scampton needs to switch dates????

I've no idea what the Belgian F-16 solo display team (or any other display) has planned. But if they are displaying at Sanicole that weekend, wouldn't it make more sense for them to return the favour at RIAT, Cosford or another UK air show? Just a thought, although anything's possible.

I hope the Scampton air show has years of success.
I don't know everything there is to know about our hobby.

Kids, aviation, missus then responsibilities, (in that order)

benji1867

Post by benji1867 »

BossMann wrote:The Belgian F16 solo display has displayed at more than one show in different countries on the same day ( Waddington/ Belgian Air Days 2010 ) so it would be nice if the Belgians could send it to Scampton in return for the Red Arrows/ Typhoon and BBMF DC3.

Belgian F16 will most likely be at RIAT and has already been announced for Biggin Hill.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

First official participation list has just been published!

Red Arrows
RAF Falcons
BBMF Lancaster
BBMF Spitfire x4
RAF Typhoon

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

Isn't that all of the RAF's displays for 2017?

An absolute minimum for Scampton I would have thought.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

DerekF wrote:Isn't that all of the RAF's displays for 2017?

An absolute minimum for Scampton I would have thought.

Not quite, Tutor is missing surprisingly! Not sure if we'll get a Chinook this year?
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

benji1867 wrote:Belgian F16 will most likely be at RIAT and has already been announced for Biggin Hill.

Probably small coincidence really that the Belgian F-16 being committed to Biggin Hill almost begs for inclusion in the Airbourne Eastbourne International Air-show (free-to-view :whistle:) that same weekend. :wink:
Just sayin'.

vulcan55

Post by vulcan55 »

Belgium F16 confirmed.

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

At Sanicole the same day, I know Its not exactly far but if thats true then that shows a huge commitment to the UK airshow scene from the Belgians, who already massively support our shows.

mafro987daboss

Post by mafro987daboss »

Luke28 wrote:At Sanicole the same day, I know Its not exactly far but if thats true then that shows a huge commitment to the UK airshow scene from the Belgians, who already massively support our shows.

It's amazing. They've already been confirmed by 4 UK shows this year and look likely to do 2 more.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Also means none of the acts for Sanicole need be ruled out yet - at least not for logistical reasons.

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

CJS - realms of fantasy spring to mind with that comment.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

clearstone wrote:CJS - realms of fantasy spring to mind with that comment.

No, not really.

If we have one act being shared there is still a chance some of the others will to... it's a case of wait and see.

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

No doubt there will a handful. But 'none' ???

A healthy dose of reality is needed here. A handful of acts can and may support both, but many of the acts confirmed for Sanicole simply don't have the ability to support two different displays on the same day in different countries. The Belgians are (very) rare exceptions. Not even the RAF are contemplating supporting Sanicole and Scampton on the Sunday with the same acts. And many of the Sanicole acts will need to keep the Saturday free for rehearsal flights.

CJS

Post by CJS »

For goodness' sake, wasn't it obvious what I meant? You can't rule any of them out.

What's there to take issue with?

craig.mason

Post by craig.mason »

Next aircraft to be added to the scampton lineup will be ????
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

craig.mason wrote:Next aircraft to be added to the scampton lineup will be ????

.........heavier than a goat. :whistle:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Spotty_Jag

Post by Spotty_Jag »

No RAF Tutor or RAF Falcons for Scampton. Adds fuel to the "not an RAF airshow" fire doesn't it...... :hide:

vulcan55

Post by vulcan55 »

RAF Falcons are on List for Scampton last time i looked.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Spotty_Jag wrote:No RAF Tutor or RAF Falcons for Scampton. Adds fuel to the "not an RAF airshow" fire doesn't it...... :hide:

But it's *not* an RAF airshow so there's no fire to fuel.