FLY 1/32 Hurricane IIC

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
DerekF

FLY 1/32 Hurricane IIC

Post by DerekF »

My latest effort. This Fly's 1/32 Hurricane IIC finished as nightfighter BE581 JX-E "Night Reaper" flown by 1 Sqn ace Flt Lt Karel Kuttelwascher DFC during operations from RAF Tangmere.

Finished up OK but I found this a tricky kit to build. The cockpit and landing gear bay were very awkward and took a lot of fettling. The wing fit wasn't too easy either. Anyway, here it is.

FarnboroJohn

Re: FLY 1/32 Hurricane IIC

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Cracking job of probably the best-looking Hurricane Mark, and a nice scheme too. Your brush skills continue to impress!

John

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

Thanks John.

I think it will be the last I'll post here as the modelling section is fading away and there are only one or two of us to keep it going. It simply isn't worth the effort any more. When queries about diecast toys get more replies and views than any of the builds then it's an indication of where the section is headed.

jag636

Post by jag636 »

Don't be sad Derek if I knew how to post pics I'd join in to make it three amigos my model room is full of over 700 plus all 1,72 or HO so my space is run out, I suppose a mass scrapping would allow new builds though I think back to the times I build each one, I then can't do it as its the pleasure of the build that makes the job.
But hey guys keep going I love your work and don't give up :clap: especially with a beautiful piece such as this :win:
Member of Newark air museum and trustee/acquisitions officer just trying to save what we all love and thats history

CJS

Post by CJS »

Lovely stuff Derek - I look at these parts of the forums regularly as my Grandad used to do a lot of modelling. I should comment more often!

It's a cracking looking build of a beautiful aircraft, nice one. :up: :clap:
Chris
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

I know it has been quiet lately Derek.. I'm not sure where everyone went? I know for myself I just ran out of time to build. Thankfully that has now changed. :up: But I will say, you built yourself another quality kit!

DerekF

Post by DerekF »

Thanks for commenting on my "toys". I'm sure those that criticize other's work will be along shortly showing us all how good they are at modelling. :smile: