2017 CF-18 demo/Spring Training

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Fumbles

2017 CF-18 demo/Spring Training

Post by Fumbles »

On Wednesday I was able to visit CFB Comox to watch the 2017 CF-18 and Snowbirds spring training. I know most of you will not be able to see this beautiful jet unless you make your way over to this side of the pond for a show or two.. If you do, you are in for a treat of a display and wow! doesn't this paint look good in a blue sky? Celebrating Canada's 150th, Captain Matthew Kutryk put the CF-18 through it's paces on what was the day weather wise so far this year for the two week training session.

As usual comments and criticism always welcome good or bad.. Thanks for looking.

ImageIMGP0173 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

ImageIMGP0107 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

ImageIMGP0178 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

ImageIMGP0283 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

ImageIMGP0677 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

ImageIMGP0774 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

ImageIMGP0806 by Rod McDonough, on Flickr

(hmm not sure why some shots have grain in them.. Photoshop shows next to none and now in Flickr they do?)

sylvancatharsis

Re: 2017 CF-18 demo/Spring Training

Post by sylvancatharsis »

Oh, that CF-18 looks nice! I wasn't sure how good it'd look in the flesh from the computer images, but they really did a banger of a job. I hope I get to catch it sometime this year; I'm going to Gatineau at the end of the month, but the Hornet is somewhere in the US South that weekend. Another trip up north sometime this year, methinks!

Nice images; not sure what's up with the grain. I've had the same problem lately with some of my shots; I wonder if Flickr's new uploader is adding sharpening.
Author of CULT OF THE WYVERN, a novel about Westland Wyverns and aliens. (Really.)
Flicky Flicky

MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

What a great-looking scheme; I'd love to see that in the flesh but its not going to happen this year, sadly. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Rick

Post by Rick »

Great results, great scheme, great weather :clap: :clap: :clap:
Slackers of the World unite !
Tomorrow.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Outstanding. That scheme looks amazing against a blue sky! :rock:

Would love to see this demo in the UK sometime...