Temora Aviation Museum Flying Day 15April 17

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Ronoz

Temora Aviation Museum Flying Day 15April 17

Post by Ronoz »

Being the Easter weekend , I managed to slip the surly bonds of SWMBO and MIL, and scampered up the road for the day solo! Got there in good time, had plenty of memory cards, good spot in the stand, weather was fine, the only slight hiccup was no break in the displays, so by the time they stopped at 14.00, the canteen was completely sold out except for ice creams- which is very sad as the hammies, steak sandwiches& snags are all quite good & not over priced, so had to be macca's on the way through town.

First off the ground was the Victa Airtrainer, but didn't do so well with it in the air, but there are a couple of static shots in the next batch and first decent pics will be the resident Wirraway - pilot - Lars Larson

ImageDSC_0712 SP1 by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0715 SP1 by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr

- followed by Steve Death and Andrew Bishop in the TAM Hudson "The Tojo Busters "-

ImageDSC_0923 SP2a by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0940sp1 by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr

Then Doug Hamilton flew the P 40 in from Wangaratta - (, bit of shame as it is a two seater & if he had the presence of mind to offer me a lift, it would have saved would have saved me 5 hours of road time...sigh.) ..

ImageDSC_0871N SP1 by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0842N SP1 by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr

TAM Boomerang - Matt Denning ..I managed to fluke a passable lift off shot, and with a couple of runs through software it is recognisable as such

ImageDSC_0996-96_HDR2 SP1 by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr

ImageDSC_1074 sp1B1 by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr,

- then ....bliss - the P 40 and TAM's other Spit Mk XVI - in 453 Sqn RAAF scheme ...BOTH taxied out & lined up for a take off run past the crowd ...ImageDSC_1102_LHDR SP1 by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr

ImageDSC_1112N SP1 by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr

ImageDSC_1121N SP1 by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr

executed a couple of good fly bys together,

ImageDSC_1168N SP1 by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr

- the P40 then headed back to Wang , while Steve Death did great solo display to finish of the display ...so great day & worth every one of those 6 hours on the road....

ImageDSC_1232_HDR1 SP1 by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr

ImageDSC_1253N SP1 by Ronald Stepnell, on Flickr

- I will try and get the staic shots and engineering activities up over the weekend.... Cheers, ronoz

The Baron

Re: Temora Aviation Museum Flying Day 15April 17

Post by The Baron »

I love that Hudson!
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Ronoz

Post by Ronoz »

The Baron wrote:I love that Hudson!

..thanks, yes it was a very streamlined aircraft& a bit of a hotrod for the RAAF when introduced into service in 1940, being faster than our principal fighter at the time ...eg Wirraway. cheers, ronoz

GeorgeP

Post by GeorgeP »

A nice selection of images from an event that never fails to please. It's also a very nice part of the world to visit. However, like Avalon, the viewing location is poor because the crowd line is on the eastern side of the display axis. At about midday, it all turns to manure because you're lookin' straight into that blazin' sun.

BTW, just got an email announcing Warbirds DownUnder 2018. It should be a ripper!
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums

Ronoz

Post by Ronoz »

..yes, the westerly orientation is still an issue, better than Avalon though & why Pt Cook is going to be sadly missed, WDU2018 will be good but still a long way off, Illawarra in May looks very interesting too, but I just won't get there this year, thinking back to Temora, the sun isn't such a problem though if the display sequences could include a few more passes from South to north along the runway, preferably nice & steady with starboard wing dipped slightly ..not just for the snappers either as I'm sure most of the crowd would appreciate a some good top-side views too, I won't hold my breath though ..cheers, ron

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Ronoz wrote:
The Baron wrote:I love that Hudson!

..thanks, yes it was a very streamlined aircraft& a bit of a hotrod for the RAAF when introduced into service in 1940, being faster than our principal fighter at the time ...eg Wirraway. cheers, ronoz

They certainly proved their worth in the battle for Malaya. Possibly, with the exception of a few Hurricanes, the most advanced type the allies fielded.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Col. Chibani

Post by Col. Chibani »

Thanks for sharing pics of such rare aircraft. :clap:

If I may, I think that some your shots deserve some cropping to enhance the composition, i.e. have the a/c quite centered, with a little more space in front.
And I feel you have a little bit overdone the sharpening for my taste.

Ronoz

Post by Ronoz »

Col. Chibani wrote:Thanks for sharing pics of such rare aircraft. :clap:

If I may, I think that some your shots deserve some cropping to enhance the composition, i.e. have the a/c quite centered, with a little more space in front.
And I feel you have a little bit overdone the sharpening for my taste.

Hi & thanks, there was a fair amount of cropping for some of then & didn't want to do much more , but will keep in mind, and sharpening was to try and compensate for movement blur. cheers ronoz