Springwatch in East Anglia

Photos of light aircraft, gliders, helicopters and anything that isn't commercial
jonny7

Springwatch in East Anglia

Post by jonny7 »

With the machines depicted here, Beaver, Otter & Dragonfly it might fool some in to thinking, with their names that they were of a different nature... :smile:

Image84 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image86 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image88 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image83 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image87 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image85 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr
Don't say something crass, to hide your envy. Just give credit, when its applicable...

Big Eric

Re: Springwatch in East Anglia

Post by Big Eric »

Lovely shots, I always thought that the flaps on a Beaver would be much bigger though. :smile:

jonny7

Post by jonny7 »

Big Eric wrote:Lovely shots, I always thought that the flaps on a Beaver would be much bigger though. :smile:

Thanks for the nice comment "Big Eric", and the risk of exploiting some "Double Entendre" innuendo about the flap size on a Beaver :smile: .I can only think that you might
have been confused and were thinking about the Scottish Aviation Pioneer CC1,this had pretty big flaps and was a single engine aircraft .Just a thought!
Don't say something crass, to hide your envy. Just give credit, when its applicable...

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Big Eric wrote:Lovely shots, I always thought that the flaps on a Beaver would be much bigger though. :smile:

The thing with this particular Beaver is that it wasn't originally intended to be a display aircraft as it was restored by ARCO at Duxford as a transport for their engineers. It has a completely different engine to the standard aircraft, with a very modern prop. The inside is far from its military standard and is to a virtually executive standard with a 'glass' cockpit and fully modern instrument fit. It was almost a full nuts & bolts rebuild so whether the flaps etc are actually original I have no idea!
Simon

psquiddy

Post by psquiddy »

Nice Beaver!
Over 300 free things to do in London
http://www.toplondondaysout.co.uk