DH84 Dragon at Old Warden

Photos of light aircraft, gliders, helicopters and anything that isn't commercial
alisdairanderson

DH84 Dragon at Old Warden

Post by alisdairanderson »

A few shots of DH84 'G-ECAN' at Old Warden, during the De Havilland Moth event this weekend:

Cheers,
Alisdair

newpin

Re: DH84 Dragon at Old Warden

Post by newpin »

I am surprised that there are no other comments on your photos.A delightful selection. :clap:
newpin

alisdairanderson

newpin wrote:I am surprised that there are no other comments on your photos.A delightful selection. :clap:
newpin

Thank you..... I wasn't expecting to see this aircraft, as we had just popped down to watch some of the Tiger Moths, but both the based-DragonRapide and visiting Dragon were both active, which was a real bonus....

Cheers
Alisdair

Mike

Post by Mike »

Very nice. A lovely old machine, I was fortunate enough to be on the first flight of the day in it on Saturday in the more than capable hands of Henry Labouchere.

GeorgeP

Post by GeorgeP »

Two lovely aircraft. Thanks for posting.
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

Beautiful aeroplane. Should definitely be booked for a Shuttleworth event. :up:

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

One of the most under rated and lesser-seen classics in the country. A lovely aeroplane at the greatest venue.

Barry

Post by Barry »

Super photos. Like Mike I was also on that first Dragon flight Saturday. It is as lovely inside as outside. A cracking aeroplane and a cracking pilot!

alisdairanderson

Barry wrote:Super photos. Like Mike I was also on that first Dragon flight Saturday. It is as lovely inside as outside. A cracking aeroplane and a cracking pilot!

Thanks for the comments; glad some of you got to enjoy a flight on the Dragon; these photos are later in the day, and one of Shuttleworth's resident pilots is at the controls of the aircraft for a 15 min flight, plus one more circuit.

Cheers
Alisdair

alisdairanderson

... and a couple of the same pilot at the controls of the Old Warden-based 'Dragon Rapide':

Thanks
Alisdair

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

My first flight was a short trip in a Dragon Rapide from Biggin Hill many years ago. Still remember it very fondly. :smile:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Barry

Post by Barry »

Shuttleworth Chief Engineer Jean-Michel Munn was flying the Rapide during the day and seems to have had a go with the Dragon. Good for him!