Le Bourget ignorant

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
monographix

Le Bourget ignorant

Post by monographix »

Α window away from obligations seems to be opening for the weekend of June 23 and i have been contemplating over a photographic visit to Le Bourget but i have been told that almost everybody , especially the F-35 that allured me to the idea at first place, is gone by Thursday - Friday and there's actually very little going on in public weekend (despite the crowds) . Is that so ?
Last edited by monographix on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farnboroughrob

Re: Le Bourget ignorant

Post by farnboroughrob »

As with Farnborough many of the trade aircraft will depart by the weekend to be replaced with warbirds etc. Don't know about the F-35, although it stayed for the public at Farnborough. Paris at the weekend is a bit of a nightmare, it is massively packed and actually has quite a short crowd line. The static is normally very interesting but tightly packed. Unlike UK shows its not strung along parallel to the runway its on the old airport apron so is quite tight. You are also facing north west so sun can be a afternoon problem. Personally if you are only going for photography I would give it a miss.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

monographix wrote:Α window from obligations seems to be opening for the weekend of June 23 and i have been contemplating over a photographic visit to Le Bourget but i have been told that almost everybody , especially the F-35 that allured me to the idea at first place, is gone by Thursday - Friday and there's actually very little going on in public weekend (despite the crowds) . Is that so ?
Quote from scramble:
Lockheed Martin says:
Quote:
Please remember the F-35 air demonstration is scheduled for Monday – Wednesday between 1530 and 1600. The jet is also scheduled to fly a demonstration Friday – Sunday for public days during the same time window
So the F-35 will be there during the weekend. There is a list on the web: https://www.siae.fr/Data/Sites/4/images/PASaircraftlist220517.png which says there aren't that many that leave before the weekend, although one of the highlights (Kawasaki P-1) will be gone by then. Actually, I didn't know there is an airworthy Catalina in France?
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

aviodromefriend wrote: Actually, I didn't know there is an airworthy Catalina in France?

N9767 probably.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

2 things that have left are the Boeing 787-10 (Tuesday i believe) and the Embraer KC390 was heading west just S of LHR a hour or so ago and is currently on final approach for Baldonnel by the looks of it