Blackbushe 75th anniversary festival of flight1-2 July

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
farnboroughrob

Re: Blackbushe 75th anniversary air show 1-2 July

Post by farnboroughrob »

Sorry you can't make it. Unfortunately parking is the real problem and there is nowhere else to park the cars but under the display line.
cheers
Rob

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Foe those hoping to see the Heron here there is good news, CAA are currently processing a new CofA so Blackbushe should be it's first public appearance. It is likely that they will bring a load of pax each day so it will arrive after the static park is open to the public. In that case it will be parked in front of the cafe on the closed taxiway. :rock:

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

Just a quick plug for Tony Eastwood at AJ Aviation who'll have a stand there at the weekend. Their newly published book Blackbushe, Londons Lost Airport 1942-1960 by Robert Belcher is now available. I picked up my copy earlier in the week and can thoroughly recommend it! 130 pages packed with photos (nearly all of which have never been seen before I believe) and detailed narrative throughout. :clap:

All great stuff and an ideal souvenir of the weekend. :up:
...Rad shutters auto.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Glad you enjoyed my book, been a long time coming :up: . I will be available for book signing over the weekend in the History Hub. We will have lots of Blackbushe memorabilia and photos on display plus some genuine Blackbushe legends from the past.

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

You're welcome Bob but sorry won't be attending myself as I can't be doing with hassle of buses like last time and not being able to go back to the car. Pity, as its a good line up. :sad:
...Rad shutters auto.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Further small update is that the Pembroke has had it's engine changed and will be attending subject to successful test flights. The C-47, Rapide, Pembroke, Anson and Heron will be a great line up to reflect the airports history 1947-60, just a shame the Eagle DC-6 is no longer about.

Jay

Post by Jay »

keithjs wrote:You're welcome Bob but sorry won't be attending myself as I can't be doing with hassle of buses like last time and not being able to go back to the car. Pity, as its a good line up. :sad:

Would you consider a taxi, If I do go i will get a taxi from fleet train station, we could go halfs if your interested?

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

Well, that's a kind offer I must say but I've now arranged to possibly go to Old Warden instead but if that falls through It would only be on the Sunday anyway.
Appreciate the offer tho'. :worship:
...Rad shutters auto.

Jay

Post by Jay »

No problems, enjoy Old Warden.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Update one week to go!
New addition is RAF Grob Tutor from Boscombe.
Sadly the SIAI 211 has cancelled.
Friday arrivals times 1430 Jet Provost and the Catalina, 1500 C47 Dakota, 1700 Hawker Hurricane and the Avro Anson, Pembroke TBA.
I did wonder if it would ever happen but we have a airshow. If any of you ever get a chance to be involved in, or volunteer at, a show, for god's sake do it, its a very rewarding experience. :yahoo:

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Sadly Heron has had to cancel. Something to do with issue getting spares in time to fix a issue with the propeller governor :sad:
Added is a pair from the Gazelle squadron including the gulf war one, both on static :up:

tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Post by tommercer »

Is there any clear indication of what's actually displaying yet? I really want this show to be a success but I'm struggling to understand why there's a total lack of information with just four days to go and tickets still to sell.

Unless I've missed something and someone can point me in the right direction?

kph100

Post by kph100 »

tommercer wrote:Is there any clear indication of what's actually displaying yet? I really want this show to be a success but I'm struggling to understand why there's a total lack of information with just four days to go and tickets still to sell.

I agree , hard to make a choice between this and old warden on Sunday. Would like to support one off event, but im leaning towards the military pageant at Old Warden

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

tommercer wrote:Is there any clear indication of what's actually displaying yet? I really want this show to be a success but I'm struggling to understand why there's a total lack of information with just four days to go and tickets still to sell.

Sadly the person who updates the website was on holiday last week, the line up should be more clear today. So far looking at 30 static aircraft and about a 3 hour flying display. Just hoping the lanc is back in the air, not looking great?

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

farnboroughrob wrote:Just hoping the lanc is back in the air, not looking great?

I don't even think it's flown yet, let alone the crew regaining currency, working up a display and having it approved!

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Hampshire Aviation wrote:
farnboroughrob wrote:Just hoping the lanc is back in the air, not looking great?

I don't even think it's flown yet, let alone the crew regaining currency, working up a display and having it approved!

Agreed that it's not looking promising about the Lancaster but providing the test flight & return to Coningsby go without problems then we might get lucky. However, as it's only booked at Blackbushe for a flypast not a display, the PDA is not actually required for this event. Crews have been doing training on the Dakota as they normally do so that aspect shouldn't be a problem.
Simon

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

Going by Tim Dunlop's latest tweet, its unlikely to fly for a few days yet. Hopefully the BBMF may be able to find a suitable substitute.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Indeed, getting any good intel on the normal BBMF sites is near impossible! The listings for appearances still show a full season of attendances? :mad:
I am under the impression that the Lancaster crew will need to undertake sufficient currency on the Dakota which may/may not have recently returned to the air, before they can even flight-test the Lancaster.
I personally see the Lanc's appearance at RIAT being dubious at this stage... but who knows? I do think it's delayed debut in 2017 will mean 3 'micro-seasons' in a row! Not good in the current depleted air-show climate. :wall:

wv383

Post by wv383 »

I read on another site that he Dakota has been back in the air for a few weeks and been undertaking training flights.
Simon

tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Post by tommercer »

farnboroughrob wrote:

Sadly the person who updates the website was on holiday last week, the line up should be more clear today. So far looking at 30 static aircraft and about a 3 hour flying display. Just hoping the lanc is back in the air, not looking great?

Any update on this yet? I'm starting to get a horrible feeling that there won't actually be a flying display.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Hi Lanc definitely will not be there, 100% confirmed today, have just come back from the final meeting. There is definitely a flying display starts at 12 and will run until 4 with a break. These are flying AFIK
Army Historic Flight
Spitfire PRXI
Catalina
C-47
Turbulent team
Pitts special x2
Fireflies displays team 2x vans
P-51 shark mouth
O'briens flying circus
para drop using An-2
Westland wasp
Breitling wing walkers
there may be others that I don't know about. Plus about 30 in the static.
The display programme was due to be posted today but probably held up by the Lanc cancelling. I know this side of the event has not be done as we are used to from other shows.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Ok this is the official confirmed flying list
An-2 paradrop
Bell Sioux AACHF
catalina
Fireflies team 3x RV6
o-briens flying circus (cub and Hughes 269)
P-51-Shark Mouth
P-51 hangar 11
Spitfire-Boultbee
Spitfire PRXI hangar11
Turbulent team
Ultimate Pitts G-EWIZ
Westland Wasp

So I wasn't a million miles away with yesterdays list

Oh and a surprise item at 11:30, single flypast while operating locally.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Ok so this is what I believe the static/pleasure flights is, this list may not be 100% accurate, and I was told to expect around 30
Auster AOP9 AACHF (or maybe pleasure flights)
Avro Anson G-AHKX
Boeing Stearman
Cessna 182 float plane
Cessna 510 Blink
Claudius Autogyro
Cirrus SR22
DHC Beaver AACHF (or maybe pleasure flights)
DH rapide G-AHAG pleasure flights
Douglas C-47 N147DC
Grob Tutor RAF
Gulfstream 280 (depending on being needed by owner)
hawker Hurricane
Jet provost T3
percival Pembroke (TBC)
SARO Skeeter G-SARO
tecnam P2002
Vega Gull G-AEZJ sat only
vintage Gliders x2 GHC lasham
Westland Scout AACHF (or maybe pleasure flights)
yak 3
Yak 52

The Antartic Survey twin Otter I will believe when it lands!
Supporting this will be ground running Merlin and Hercules engines, various reinactors, live music, plenty of children's entertainment, beer tent, gin bar, and the amazing history hub where you will find me.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

As it is now in the NOTAM Red Arrows flypast at 11:30 Saturday only, no idea why the official site are not milking this for all it is worth with Joe Public. :dunno:

Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

Breitling Wing Walkers not displaying?

James