Blackbushe 75th anniversary festival of flight1-2 July

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
farnboroughrob

Re: Blackbushe 75th anniversary air show 1-2 July

Post by farnboroughrob »

Right things have changed just want to point you at an official statement http://www.blackbushe75.com/965-2/ I would point you at the phrase 'fly pasts and demonstration flight' . I can so no more.
Last edited by farnboroughrob on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

First arrival...

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

farnboroughrob wrote:Right things have changed just want to point you at an official statement http://www.blackbushe75.com/965-2/ I would point you at the phrase 'fly pasts and demonstration flight' . Basically every aircraft on that list will be flying during the weekend but will not be performing a flying display if you get my drift. I can so no more.

Ah, the BS of Shoreham strikes again...

Poor form of the show to sell tickets for an "airshow" then announce a couple of days before the event that it's flypasts only.

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

To be honest it was flypasts or cancel the whole thing, and that was not going to happen. Just wanted to let you guys know, hopefully joe public will be a less critical audience :roll: LOL!

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Statement on the website is unreadable - a 300px graphic stretched across the page.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Better. Thanks. :up:

farnboroughrob

Re: Blackbushe 75th anniversary festival of flight 1-2 July

Post by farnboroughrob »

You can add to that list for Sunday BBMF Hurricane and a Beech 18. making the best of a bad job

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Why the late change? CAA permissions only just arrived?

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Certainly a lot of things to go over in the post event debrief! Might even be longer than the actual show :grin:

Good luck farnboroughrob!

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

tommercer wrote:Speechless

Oh i'm sure you'll have something to say... ;)

wv383

Post by wv383 »

farnboroughrob wrote:As it is now in the NOTAM Red Arrows flypast at 11:30 Saturday only, no idea why the official site are not milking this for all it is worth with Joe Public. :dunno:

Simple really. If they really pushed that the Reds were doing a flypast, joe public would flock in their hoardes and block all the roads.
Simon

N48284

Post by N48284 »

Am I right in thinking that if the display is only flypasts then the need to empty the car park for the flypasts will now not be necessary?

Jay

Post by Jay »

No Heron :-( ah well, saves me a few quid then!

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

N48284 wrote:Am I right in thinking that if the display is only flypasts then the need to empty the car park for the flypasts will now not be necessary?
I believe you are correct.

jay yes sadly heron is lacking in some paper work, CofA still showing as pending. Maybe 2019 air day!

melvyn hiscock

Re: Blackbushe 75th anniversary festival of flight1-2 July

Post by melvyn hiscock »

Surely if the permissions are not in place then those flypasts will have to be at 500ft....

SEMAE

Post by SEMAE »

Hi

Judging by the number of the more unexplained cancellations, I suspect that the display issues were known for some time.

Since the weather forecast in Saint Dizier is not good tomorrow , I am looking to go Blackbushe instead which is just fifteen miles away from where I live, then back to plan (probably) to go to Old Warden on Sunday.

Just how high will these flypasts be? Are we talking what would be a normal display height if it were a countryside area or 500ft or more? Any topsides?

Is there a showground map that can be posted on the forum? All I can see is a map of the airport itself and where to park as well as the Camberley Kart Club track.

It will be the first time in over 35 year or more that I have been to an event at Blackbushe (apart form helping to clean a few Aerobility planes back in March this year on a charity day out from my employer)

Sorry for the lots of questions, just need to know what to expect.

Many thanks

Martin Eames

wv383

Post by wv383 »

Looking forward to being there tomorrow. There's no way I would miss this anniversary as Blackbushe has been part of my life since the late 50s. Sorry if this puts a dampener on things but as the air activity has seemingly been downgraded from air displays to flypasts and demonstrations, there might be some quibbles about the ticket price. I know and fully appreciate that it is a charity event, but £25 (on the gate price) is very high for what is now really just a fly-in.
Simon

wv383

Post by wv383 »

SEMAE wrote:Hi

Judging by the number of the more unexplained cancellations, I suspect that the display issues were known for some time.

Since the weather forecast in Saint Dizier is not good tomorrow , I am looking to go Blackbushe instead which is just fifteen miles away from where I live, then back to plan (probably) to go to Old Warden on Sunday.

Just how high will these flypasts be? Are we talking what would be a normal display height if it were a countryside area or 500ft or more? Any topsides?

Is there a showground map that can be posted on the forum? All I can see is a map of the airport itself and where to park as well as the Camberley Kart Club track.

It will be the first time in over 35 year or more that I have been to an event at Blackbushe (apart form helping to clean a few Aerobility planes back in March this year on a charity day out from my employer)

Many thanks

Martin Eames

Martin, I can't comment on the flypasts but I shouldn't worry too much about a ground plan. As you know the parking is on the north side in the old Blackbushe Market site and BA busses then take you across the airfield. Everything is happening on the south side from the terminal westwards. From what I understand there will be several sections of static aircraft with some on the car park by the terminal and others on the grass and taxiway beyond the Aerobility/Flying Club/Bushe Cafe buildings. It's not a very spread out area such as you would get at other airshows so easy to get around. My hope is that they do something about the fence that crosses the grass area by the flying club as last year they just had the existing single width gate in the corner which led to bad bottlenecks of people trying to get through in both directions.
Simon

SEMAE

Post by SEMAE »

wv383 wrote:
SEMAE wrote:Hi

Many thanks

Martin Eames

Martin, I can't comment on the flypasts but I shouldn't worry too much about a ground plan. As you know the parking is on the north side in the old Blackbushe Market site and BA busses then take you across the airfield. Everything is happening on the south side from the terminal westwards. From what I understand there will be several sections of static aircraft with some on the car park by the terminal and others on the grass and taxiway beyond the Aerobility/Flying Club/Bushe Cafe buildings. It's not a very spread out area such as you would get at other airshows so easy to get around. My hope is that they do something about the fence that crosses the grass area by the flying club as last year they just had the existing single width gate in the corner which led to bad bottlenecks of people trying to get through in both directions.

Thanks. Got my ticket.

Martin

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

So, a pilot with a DA and pre-determined and authorised display routine isn't safe, yet any Tom, Dick or Harry with or without a DA is now cleared to perform flypasts in front of the public, where dare one say it, the temptation to show off by dipping a wing or whatever might prove too great.

Well done, CAA, well done. :clap:

The CAA has left Blackbushe looking like lemons, and the public left being overcharged for a fly-in with knobs on.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Hey Hampshire Aviation, you missed -out the 'good-bit' on the bottom of your legible posting of the excuses, Sorry!.... explanation Statement.
Abbreviated version here...'Best bit of news last (Only bit of good news??) All Adult ticket purchasers will be entered into a Draw to win a trip in a 2-seat Spitfire ( :yahoo: ) subject to age, weight & height ( :surrender: )' which broadly means you have a 1 in 10 chance of winning, as the other 20 fat, tall, short, juvenile, geriatric, disabled & plain stupid punters in the show are excluded! :whistle:
I had high hopes for this event but it's fallen apart quicker than a Primark vest...allegedly! :hide:

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Ok have just spent 11 hours at the event and walked 9 miles. We have Hurricane, Dak, catalina, P-51, Jet provost, pembroke, Anson, RAF Tutor, Skeeter, Citation 510, SR22, R22, tecnam plus some other based aircraft. Tomorrow we have Yak 3, Yak 52, Spitfire, Gazelles, vega Gull, another Jet Poovost, vintage gliders, AACHF and others I can't remember, Sunday BBMF Hurricane Beech 18 at some point. Anson going early Sunday. We have a full afternoon of 'flying' circuits, passes etc all up to the pilots and down to them. Over and out.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

P-51 that's already there is the Shark? Is Peter Teichman bringing the Spitfire, the Mustang or both?