Airlander - 5th flight - UPDATED

Photos of commercial airliners
alisdairanderson

Post by alisdairanderson »

Airlander10 flew again this evening; I've managed a few shots of it, but just sorted out this one so far, as it flies past the massive Sheds at Cardington, where it is based.

With very grateful thanks to one of my friends for a short notice trip....

Cheers
Alisdair

Last edited by alisdairanderson on Wed 05 Jul 2017, 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alexe

Re: Airlander - 5th flight

Post by Alexe »

Wow, that has to be the best photo i've seen of it, fantastic

alisdairanderson

A couple of others:

Thanks
Alisdair

Tobyone1985

Post by Tobyone1985 »

Excellent set, the shot over the woods is my favourite.

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

Great shots Alisdair, that first one is a cracker :clap:

alisdairanderson

and a couple more....

Thanks for the comments; the first shot is one I have been very keen to try ever since the Airship emerged from Cardington Sheds, but wasn't sure if I could get the trip arranged at short notice!

That's all for now....

Cheers,
Alisdair

jag636

Re: Airlander - 5th flight - UPDATED

Post by jag636 »

The last shot really sets it up as a very majestic airship mmmh how about calling it the R102 as a mark of respect to the old lineage she picks up from, a fantastic achievement to at least see it fly. New horizons and halcyon days beckon for aviation :clap: :clap: :worship:
Member of Newark air museum and trustee/acquisitions officer just trying to save what we all love and thats history

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

I like the air-to-air images.

Naming her the R102 would, in my view, be totally inappropriate and in poor taste. R101 is a chapter of British aviation to be ashamed of, not celebrated. Lives lost needlessly due to hubris, incompetence and rank bad engineering. They're buried in Cardington graveyard. Let them lie there with dignity. Airlander is a new chapter, which needs no ties with our less-than-glorious lighter-than-air past.

Roughcutter

Post by Roughcutter »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:
Naming her the R102 would, in my view, be totally inappropriate and in poor taste. R101 is a chapter of British aviation to be ashamed of, not celebrated. Lives lost needlessly due to hubris, incompetence and rank bad engineering. They're buried in Cardington graveyard. Let them lie there with dignity. Airlander is a new chapter, which needs no ties with our less-than-glorious lighter-than-air past.

Nonsense, I think R102 would show great respect to the airship linage of Cardington, especially to the crew who died in the 101. Personally I'd call it the R101A. :clap: :clap: :clap: :worship: :worship:
Great set of shots by the way.

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:I like the air-to-air images.

Why focus just on the R101, why not the R100 which was a very successful design? Continuing the R1** series seems reasonably logical although the R102 was a relatively advanced design according to Wikipedia and had been allocated a G reg (G-FAAX) so might have to be the R103.

Alpha Delta 210

Post by Alpha Delta 210 »

Great images. Thanks for sharing.

alisdairanderson

Hi,

For info, the test range of Airlander10 has now been extended to 75 miles, and up to 7000ft..... there was an announcement on HAV's news feed recently.....

Thanks
Alisdair

planenuttoo

Post by planenuttoo »

More reports of UFO's to come then. It does look good, and the pics are great.

Bradley@Norwich

Post by Bradley@Norwich »

Nice photos. Something different to do a2a with. I wonder what will be happening with it now. :roll:
I like my photos, but its not worth sitting in the rain all day!

alisdairanderson

Bradley@Norwich wrote:Nice photos. Something different to do air-to-air with. I wonder what will be happening with it now. :roll:

Thanks - was great fun!

Cheers
Alisdair