THU 13 - Arrivals - Question

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
cristianxb1983

THU 13 - Arrivals - Question

Post by cristianxb1983 »

Hi everyone. I will be arriving to Swindon at around 11AM on thursday. Do you think it will be worth it to find my way to Fairford to see if I can catch anything interesting yet to arrive? What would be the best way to get to the threshold of the runway? I dont have park and view ticket. Thanks

Best Regards!!

aviodromefriend

Re: THU 13 - Arrivals - Question

Post by aviodromefriend »

cristianxb1983 wrote:Hi everyone. I will be arriving to Swindon at around 11AM on thursday. Do you think it will be worth it to find my way to Fairford to see if I can catch anything interesting yet to arrive? What would be the best way to get to the threshold of the runway? I dont have park and view ticket. Thanks

Best Regards!!
View at the runway seems to be blocked by extra fences (and maybe banners). There was a tweet about that in the regular thread yesterday. If you go, buy PV tickets on the day, they're not sold out.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

cristianxb1983

Post by cristianxb1983 »

Good to know! And what would the best way to reach the park and view? Is there anything cheaper tan taxi?

Thanks again

coanda

Post by coanda »

You may be able to find someone who is going there from swindon, who is willing to give you a lift for the petrol money. Do the whole social media thing on the ukar twitter etc and see if theres a friendly type out there.

There are also bus services specially laid on for RIAT. I dont know if they will operate on thursday at all, let alone from swindon. Also worth looking in to.

Hiring a car is probably cheaper than the taxi.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

coanda wrote: There are also bus services specially laid on for RIAT. I dont know if they will operate on thursday at all, let alone from swindon. Also worth looking in to.
Only Friday, Saturday and Sunday (as has been done to death for years).
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

cristianxb1983

Post by cristianxb1983 »

Thanks for the replies. What I will do is rent a car when I arrive into Gatwick first time in the morning and head to the airfield straight away in order not to miss any action. It was way cheaper to rent a car until monday than getting taxis + trains from LGW.

coanda

Post by coanda »

:up:

DonaldGrump

Post by DonaldGrump »

cristianxb1983 wrote:Thanks for the replies. What I will do is rent a car when I arrive into Gatwick first time in the morning and head to the airfield straight away in order not to miss any action. It was way cheaper to rent a car until monday than getting taxis + trains from LGW.

It would probably cheaper to charter a helicopter than getting trains and taxis in this country.

mikek

Post by mikek »

DonaldGrump wrote:
cristianxb1983 wrote:Thanks for the replies. What I will do is rent a car when I arrive into Gatwick first time in the morning and head to the airfield straight away in order not to miss any action. It was way cheaper to rent a car until monday than getting taxis + trains from LGW.

It would probably cheaper to charter a helicopter than getting trains and taxis in this country.

LOL, true dat.
Handsomest UKAR member.