Monday departure schedule?

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
GlynH

Monday departure schedule?

Post by GlynH »

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone had a departure schedule for Monday please or are they only available from RIAT on the day?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

AARDVARK

Re: Monday departure schedule?

Post by AARDVARK »

B1 not taking off till Tuesday!

GlynH

Post by GlynH »

Ah typical...the Bone being one of the aircraft I wanted to see

Thanks for the reply Aardvark.. Any connection between your username and General Dynamics F-111? :).

So U2, F-22, B52, Typhoon, Thunderbirds & Red Arrows depart on Monday then?

So it's not all bad!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

U-2s, F-22s, B-52, B-1 and Thunderbirds - basically all the USAF CONUS stuff - is highly unlikely to go on Monday.

nickosbad

Post by nickosbad »

Hampshire Aviation wrote:U-2s, F-22s, B-52, B-1 and Thunderbirds - basically all the USAF CONUS stuff - is highly unlikely to go on Monday.

Speaking to the pilots/ground crew on Friday....U2 is due some major maintenance and as it's been sat on the ground for a few days he doesn't expect to be leaving Monday at all.....B52 is currently not working (was speaking to maintenance who were flown in Thursday) but even then they said Tuesday (if its fixed) and the B1 ground crew said definitely not Monday and likely to be Tuesday

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Have all the other U2s departed ?

vandal

Post by vandal »

nickosbad wrote:
Hampshire Aviation wrote:U-2s, F-22s, B-52, B-1 and Thunderbirds - basically all the USAF CONUS stuff - is highly unlikely to go on Monday.

Speaking to the pilots/ground crew on Friday....U2 is due some major maintenance and as it's been sat on the ground for a few days he doesn't expect to be leaving Monday at all.....B-52 is currently not working (was speaking to maintenance who were flown in Thursday) but even then they said Tuesday (if its fixed) and the B1 ground crew said definitely not Monday and likely to be Tuesday

RE the remaining airshow stuff -

Is there anywhere / P&V facilities etc beyond Monday to watch the departures?

Was seriously considering travelling down as I'm now on a few days off, but don't want to make the journey if it's not going to be worth it. Intended to be there Monday AM, but with the USAF stuff not leaving right away, really don't know what to do.... :confused:

frank

Post by frank »

nickosbad wrote:

Speaking to the pilots/ground crew on Friday....U2 is due some major maintenance and as it's been sat on the ground for a few days he doesn't expect to be leaving Monday at all.....B-52 is currently not working (was speaking to maintenance who were flown in Thursday) but even then they said Tuesday (if its fixed) and the B1 ground crew said definitely not Monday and likely to be Tuesday

B1B flight crew said 1100pm Monday - make of that what you will
:dizzy: :dizzy:

vulcanshammer

Post by vulcanshammer »

What time is the first departure tomorrow (Monday)? Thanks :smile:
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better

play it cool

Post by play it cool »

vulcanshammer wrote:What time is the first departure tomorrow (Monday)? Thanks :smile:

It usually kicks off about 09:00 - I'd get there a bit earlier than that though.

It looks like the wind is switching direction tomorrow, so whereas I'd normally go to p&v West, if they switch runways I'll go down the other end.

FGR2

Post by FGR2 »

According to RIAT ATC, "Prob40 QFU 27 tomorrow"

I think that means 30%+ but less than 50% chance of 27 being used tomorrow.

vulcanshammer

Post by vulcanshammer »

play it cool wrote:
vulcanshammer wrote:What time is the first departure tomorrow (Monday)? Thanks :smile:

It usually kicks off about 09:00 - I'd get there a bit earlier than that though.

It looks like the wind is switching direction tomorrow, so whereas I'd normally go to p&v West, if they switch runways I'll go down the other end.

Many thanks! :up: :smile:
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better

Slinky Wizard

Post by Slinky Wizard »

Was a really good day in P&V West today - aside from it being absolutely rammed. Puma/Hawk went tech, and sadly (as predicted) the B52 and B1B didn't leave today; other than that, an interesting assortment of 27 and 09 departures kept you on your toes. Only complaint would be that some things still insist on having a race to the stars, denying those of us in P&V West a decent shot...

Regards,

James Mayl

vbombers2

Post by vbombers2 »

I think there should be a stepladder enclosure in P&V West, it's inconsiderate in the least. Some guys were up higher than I go to clean the guttering!