Post by aceyone »

Anybody bought anything from these ? if so any views/opinions ,thanks

https://www.atlaseditions.co.uk/catalogue/all-products.html
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

Dan O'Hagan

Re: Atlas Editions

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

This belongs in the modelling section.

I was bought their WWII bomber collection a few years ago, and the quality is variable to say the least. Certainly not the best out there, but fine if you're not obsessive about detail and accuracy.

They make nice office decoration, but poor quality for a more serious collector.

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:This belongs in the modelling section.

I was bought their WWII bomber collection a few years ago, and the quality is variable to say the least. Certainly not the best out there, but fine if you're not obsessive about detail and accuracy.

They make nice office decoration, but poor quality for a more serious collector.

Thanks for that Dan ,maybe the Mods can move the post to it's correct destination !

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

:up:

planenuttoo

Post by planenuttoo »

As a result of a conversation with a work colleague, I "enlisted" and bought a Vulcan for £1.99, then cancelled the account, with no problems at all. My colleague tells me he has done this for several of the collections.

The subsequent editions cost up to £20 apiece, and obviously as can be seen from their website, the subjects vary.

The Vulcan model was quite good, and a substantial piece which will make a nice Christmas present for my grandson, don't anybody tell him. It measures about 23cm in span, and is modelled on XM607.

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

planenuttoo wrote:As a result of a conversation with a work colleague, I "enlisted" and bought a Vulcan for £1.99, then cancelled the account, with no problems at all. My colleague tells me he has done this for several of the collections.

The subsequent editions cost up to £20 apiece, and obviously as can be seen from their website, the subjects vary.

The Vulcan model was quite good, and a substantial piece which will make a nice Christmas present for my grandson, don't anybody tell him. It measures about 23cm in span, and is modelled on XM607.

Thanks for the info !

Shyft87

Post by Shyft87 »

I've had a mixed experience with them:

I've ordered some of the 'one off' items, and then immediately cancelled upon paying for them, with no trouble.

However, The last order I placed for the 'dueling planes', I received the first set, and then accepted the follow up offer to get the second set (therefore getting the first for free).

Except the second set didn't arrive for three months, despite the bill arriving within two weeks and payment demanded.

In fact the third set, that I hadn't requested, also arrived before the second, again with a demand for payment.

Suffice to say it wasn't an easy task to sort this out, pay for return shipment, and deal with their customer services - I've given them a very wide berth ever since.

As I said, I'd never had an issue previously, but if you search online you'll find plenty of similar issues and complaints.

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

Shyft87 wrote:I've had a mixed experience with them:

I've ordered some of the 'one off' items, and then immediately cancelled upon paying for them, with no trouble.

However, The last order I placed for the 'dueling planes', I received the first set, and then accepted the follow up offer to get the second set (therefore getting the first for free).

Except the second set didn't arrive for three months, despite the bill arriving within two weeks and payment demanded.

In fact the third set, that I hadn't requested, also arrived before the second, again with a demand for payment.

Suffice to say it wasn't an easy task to sort this out, pay for return shipment, and deal with their customer services - I've given them a very wide berth ever since.

As I said, I'd never had an issue previously, but if you search online you'll find plenty of similar issues and

complaints.

Thanks for that,think I'll give them a miss !