China 2018 Zuhhai

China 2018 Zuhhai

Postby mathewjg on Wed 26 Jul 2017, 11:54 pm

Thinking about making a trip to China airshow in Zhuhai. Did anyone visit the show last year 2016. I prefer to see military jets and bombers. Would this airshow be for me or is it about commercial airliners etc. Anyone else going? My last overseas trip was Moscow for 100th air force anniversary which was fantastic
mathewjg

Re: China 2018 Zuhhai

Postby mathewjg on Tue 22 May 2018, 11:35 am

I guess not too many people considering a trip to China this year judging from no response to my previous message? We went to the Russian airforce 100th anniversary show and that was incredible and has given us a taste for using air displays as a basis for travelling
I have booked flights to Hong Kong and then onwards to Australia (Not bad at £720 London- Hk - Brisbane - Cairns - HK - London Cathay Pacific economy. The airshow website isn't very friendly at the moment so not sure of ticket prices etc and also not sure of the best location to stay. I have made some enquiries on trip advisor and advice is stay in Hong Kong for a couple of nights and stay in Zhuhai also for two nights then onto to Australia (handy 21.35 overnight flight). The public days at the airshow are over the weekend so 10th and 11th November. Apparently this time of year is when they get the best clear weather

I need advice on where to stay - ideally accommodation with reasonable access to the airshow as well as something of interest eg bars, restaurants beach close by. Would really appreciate any advice from anyone who has been before in general about the show, facilities whatever.

By the way - I notice the Red Arrows, Russian Nights, Turkish display teams are booked
mathewjg

Postby verreli on Wed 23 May 2018, 10:53 pm

I've no experience of Zhuhai but I've spent quite a bit of time in Hong Kong and mainland China if that helps. I've always felt safe in China which is more than I can say for many other parts of the world I've been.
verreli

Postby verreli on Wed 23 May 2018, 10:58 pm

Are you sure about the teams? The Red Arrows and Russian Knights were at the last event in 2016 and I'd be surprised if they made a return visit so soon. Should get the August 1st J10's and at least one J20 though which is worth the trip alone.
verreli

Postby mathewjg on Wed 23 May 2018, 11:36 pm

I can't say that I am sure about Red Arrows etc as the china airshow website has very odd links, some of which take you to the 2016 program
mathewjg

Return to Worldwide Events