Sitting centre of the crowd line

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
Ouragan

Re: Sitting centre of the crowd line

Post by Ouragan »

Dan213 wrote:[

Again, feeling the need to use someone's age against them...

That's quite a chip on your shoulder, young man. Would you like some salt and vinegar on top of it?

Ouragan

Post by Ouragan »

Brevet Cable wrote:
Ouragan wrote:The far west is much quieter, and for those who suggest going there to watch the display, I assume you have never done so yourself. Unless there is a sudden wind change and everything has to take off and land at that end, you can sit there and count :tumbleweed: for the rest of the day or watch the far off displays with your binoculars.

I do.
Can't recall whether it was this forum or the VTTS one ( possibly both ) but there are those who've seen me there and can confirm it ( Until the last couple of years - because others have got the same idea & get there first - I used to be the sole person sitting at the extreme Western end of the crowdline.
Last year I was in front of where the Ramex & others were located.
If you've been going to RIAT long enough you should recall that the far Western end used to be just as packed as the rest of the crowdline.
Your 'far off displays' comment couldn't be further from the truth ( with the exception of some of the helicopter display elements ), ditto your comment about wind direction.....one would even start to wonder if you've ever actually spent any time down that and of the crowdline.

Enough Fairford shows to suggest that I do know what I am talking about? Or because I have not attended every Fairford (R)IAT then obviously not?

I don't know why anyone posts anything of reasoned debate on this forum. I sure as heck am wondering why I'm bothering to try.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

So you'll know that what I posted about the Western end being as packed as the rest of the crowdline is correct, then.

You don't say whether you spent any time down the Western end during any of those shows, though.

aviodromefriend wrote:Maybe it was meant as being a vehicle from Reds Arrows Supporters?

You'd have to be a real weirdo to paint a van ( vans ? ) in RAFAT colours sign-written as 'Red Arrows Support Vehicle' in my opinion.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Dan213

Post by Dan213 »

Ouragan wrote:
Dan213 wrote:[

Again, feeling the need to use someone's age against them...

That's quite a chip on your shoulder, young man. Would you like some salt and vinegar on top of it?

Is this really necessary? If anyone is lacking in maturity, it can be seen in this post...

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Ouragan wrote:2008

Enough Fairford shows to suggest that I do know what I am talking about? Or because I have not attended every Fairford (R)IAT then obviously not?

I don't know why anyone posts anything of reasoned debate on this forum. I sure as heck am wondering why I'm bothering to try.
Well, I'm fairly sure you weren't on the far Western end that year. It was the cancelled show.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Brevet Cable wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:Maybe it was meant as being a vehicle from Reds Arrows Supporters?

You'd have to be a real weirdo to paint a van ( vans ? ) in RAFAT colours sign-written as 'Red Arrows Support Vehicle' in my opinion.
Like the people that painted their car in the colours of a certain V bomber (including Taff Stone)?
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

I suppose the difference is that Taff & some of the others were VTST employees and that others were VTTS volunteers, so getting their vehicles done out in VTTS/VTST schemes would be understandable ( no different to support van & other Trust vehicles )
Bit of a difference to walting it as part of a current Military display team ( unless, as previously stated, it/they were the genuine article )
아직도 숨어있다

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

aviodromefriend wrote:
Ouragan wrote:2008
Well, I'm fairly sure you weren't on the far Western end that year. It was the cancelled show.

I was at the Western end that year.....well the top end of Kempsford campsite nearest the Western end, to be more precise ! :lol:
아직도 숨어있다

Dan213

Post by Dan213 »

Brevet Cable wrote:I suppose the difference is that Taff & some of the others were VTST employees and that others were VTTS volunteers, so getting their vehicles done out in VTTS/VTST schemes would be understandable ( no different to support van & other Trust vehicles )
Bit of a difference to walting it as part of a current Military display team ( unless, as previously stated, it/they were the genuine article )

There are quite a few traders that call themselves 'official' could it have been one of their vans?

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

Hi Lads,

Be warned this chap that filmed this has announced on his Facebook Page that his is planning to make a visit to the IAT next year :lol: .....should raise a few posts post airshow I should think. :whistle: . Unfortunately this has made the news here for all the wrong reasons. Not for the easily offended.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2sgDzfVmKI[/youtube]

best Avoided...at all costs.
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Should probably have a large NSFW klaxon on that one...

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

Planes TV should get him to do a Directors Cut commentary for their dvds!

mikek

Post by mikek »

Georgeconna wrote:Hi Lads,

Be warned this chap that filmed this has announced on his Facebook Page that his is planning to make a visit to the IAT next year :lol: .....should raise a few posts post airshow I should think. :whistle: . Unfortunately this has made the news here for all the wrong reasons. Not for the easily offended.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2sgDzfVmKI[/youtube]

best Avoided...at all costs.

:clap: :clap: :clap: ace. cheers for that!

did anyone catch what he was saying? :biggrin:
Handsomest UKAR member.