DCS help and setup

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
Ryan.

DCS help and setup

Post by Ryan. »

A few people have posted about Digital Combat Simulator on here and I'm after some information about it. My PC a bit too slow to run DCS, it certainly doesn't look at a good as YouTube videos and trailer of it. I'm after getting a new PC and was wondering if anyone would share what PC they are running it on and what kind of results they are getting from it. Any help would be very much appreciated! :smile:

Bluemike52

Re: DCS help and setup

Post by Bluemike52 »

I have been flying in DCS for about a year now after building my own pc. Here are the basic specs:

Intel - Core i5-6600K overclocked to 4GHZ
Asus - GeForce GTX 1070
Kingston - SSD V300 Series 240GB
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4

In DCS I am running at well over 80 fps. Really enjoy flying in DCS though hopeless at landing........

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

From what I understand the most important factors will be a relatively high clock speed as DCS is not optimised for multi-core, probably about 16gb of RAM if you want to run Nevada/Normandy (8gb is plenty for 1.5), and if you can, I would aim for a decent graphics card with 8gb video RAM to future proof a bit. It is pretty essential to run the game off an SSD though, so make sure you've got the room.

I haven't been DCSing for too long but have quickly found it to be an expensive hobby. There are so many awesome modules that I definitely don't have the time to fly all of, yet I still can't stop myself buying them. :joystick:

Vodka

Post by Vodka »

Ive just got into DCS in the last few weeks, running on my 5 yr old sytem

i7 3.8ghz Ultima 9300i Prism" Intel OC'd 4.20GHz Quad Core
HIS HD 6950 IceQ X PLUS Edition 2048MB GDDR5 Graphics Card
16gbRAM
DCS loaded onto SSD ( still takes a while to load on first run each day)
screen 24" Samsung rose 1680 x 1050

I have settings on mid o/all with textures high. Dynamic shadows on cockpit

I bought the offer pack of Normandy + assets + Spitfire + P51 and also the Nevada 2.0

Have only run about 6 hours so far , tweaking to get setting right for a fluid fps.

Have spent just a very short while in the A10c in Nevada and noticed a few stutters but i havent tweaked any setting there so far.