East Kirkby Airshow 2017

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
sdad

Re: East Kirkby Airshow 2017

Post by sdad »

Were they waiting on the hardstanding where she was parked or do you mean on the grass, just looking? I can't understand why pushing near the Lancaster would help get photos when the best view of it taxiing would be from the front of the grass.

G for George

Post by G for George »

sdad wrote:Were they waiting on the hardstanding where she was parked or do you mean on the grass, just looking? I can't understand why pushing near the Lancaster would help get photos when the best view of it taxiing would be from the front of the grass.

We were sat on the grass next to the Lancaster just behind the blue badge enclosure. I can only assume that the two individuals I saw thought she would be fired up whilst still on the hardstanding (my father in law did, as he'd been to an evening event recently and seemed to recall the engines running whilst she was parked there).

TouchDown

Post by TouchDown »

(my father in law did, as he'd been to an evening event recently and seemed to recall the engines running whilst she was parked there).

Completly different set of rules when operating under an Article 86 permission. Any part of a taxing aircraft has to be a minimum of 10m from the public. There was another give-away in that the Lancaster was parked nose-in to the area.

TD
Last edited by TouchDown on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

vintage ATCO

Post by vintage ATCO »

Ledhead27 wrote:out of interest did the Hatz biplane depart or was it remaining at the airfield?

It was the last departure and was at Old Warden yesterday (Sunday).
vA
stevelevien.com

sdad

Post by sdad »

What is an article 86 permission and why is it not needed for the usual taxi runs?

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

It is the permission to hold a public flying display.

TouchDown

Post by TouchDown »

What is an article 86 permission and why is it not needed for the usual taxi runs?

As clearstone says it's a Permission issued by the CAA to hold a flying display. The event is bound by restrictions in the Permission and the rules laid down in CAP403 - http://www.acro.co.uk/files/CAP403.pdf.

If there are no flying displays at the event and Article 86 Permission is not required so the rules in CAP403 do not apply. :smile: