Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
RAF4EVER

Where has XH558 thread gone?

Post by RAF4EVER »

Where has this thread gone,was interesting reading. :smile: :smile:

911T

Re: Where has XH558 thread gone?

Post by 911T »

It's in the corner with a tarpaulin over it.

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

HAHAHA :lmao: :lmao: :yahoo:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Some big boys stole it and ran away.... :ninja:

Or more seriously, it met the fate of it's predecessors, never to be seen again.

Some explanation has been given in it's current replacement ( http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78545 )
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

Thread is locked,what will Neverfuel do?:-)))))))))))))))

smokey

Post by smokey »

Wonder how long this one will last :snack:
Rich in Rutland

frank

Post by frank »

911T wrote:It's in the corner with a tarpaulin over it.

Best place for it :shock:

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

To be honest the thread was a massive embarrassment to UKAR and some of the pathetic bickering wouldn't have been out of place in a junior school playground.

The whole thing should be shredded like a pair of silica bag ingesting Olympus 201 engines and never see the light of day again.

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

We don't need another lengthy discussion, regarding XH558 - we all know what's happening and everything about it has been discussed to the very end on here.

The right decision has been made to remove the topic and hopefully this is the first step in limiting all discussion.

IgnatiusJReilly

Post by IgnatiusJReilly »

I understand that for thirty quid, UKAR will scribble your name on the underside of the tarpaulin... :claypole:
Eccentric, idealistic, and creative, sometimes to the point of delusion..

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

Cheaper than VTTS. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

steveb23

Post by steveb23 »

Flare Path wrote:The right decision has been made to remove the topic and hopefully this is the first step in limiting all discussion.

Wow, that really does sound like VTTS. Whatever happened to free speech (within the bounds of the law). This sounds an awful lot like censorship.

DonaldGrump

Post by DonaldGrump »

Have to say the threads removal, is the removal of an avenue to discuss the fate of an aircraft cared for by many, it only serves to gag those who have concerns and plays into the hands of the likes of neverthefuel. After all he has got what he wanted...albeit at the cost of having his own bluster silenced in the process.

AndrewW

Post by AndrewW »

As a long-time reader and infrequent poster, I find the turn of events tragic

So much was achieved

All is lost

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

AndrewW wrote:As a long-time reader and infrequent poster, I find the turn of events tragic

So much was achieved

All is lost

Bit harsh. All they've done is delete a thread...

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

steveb23 wrote:
Flare Path wrote:The right decision has been made to remove the topic and hopefully this is the first step in limiting all discussion.

Wow, that really does sound like VTTS. Whatever happened to free speech (within the bounds of the law). This sounds an awful lot like censorship.

Nothing to do with VTTS. Removed (for the time being at least) because I'm very tired of it, as are the other staffers - round and round in circles, day in, day out, with the same arguments, same put-downs, same personal attacks and dealing with the same reports over and over. If I ban one, I'd have to ban five, so better to just bin it. Reflects badly on all of us and quite frankly, for the handful that still care, they may as well just take it to PMs and squabble amongst themselves and spare the rest of us. Does away with some of the biggest trolls on the forum too, since that bloody Vulcan is all some of them are interested in. :up:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

AndrewW

Post by AndrewW »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:
AndrewW wrote:As a long-time reader and infrequent poster, I find the turn of events tragic

So much was achieved

All is lost

sorry Dan, I was referring to the current state of 558, not the thread deletion

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

AndrewW wrote:
Dan O'Hagan wrote:

So much was achieved

All is lost

sorry Dan, I was referring to the current state of 558, not the thread deletion

I was making a joke. Which I assumed was clear?

steveb23

Post by steveb23 »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
steveb23 wrote:

Nothing to do with VTTS. Removed (for the time being at least) because I'm very tired of it, as are the other staffers - round and round in circles, day in, day out, with the same arguments, same put-downs, same personal attacks and dealing with the same reports over and over. If I ban one, I'd have to ban five, so better to just bin it. Reflects badly on all of us and quite frankly, for the handful that still care, they may as well just take it to PMs and squabble amongst themselves and spare the rest of us. Does away with some of the biggest trolls on the forum too, since that bloody Vulcan is all some of them are interested in. :up:

Fair enough. However, I do see it differently. Rights and wrongs of the current situation aside, VTTS with the legacy of the "people's aircraft" do need to be held to account. This site has previously supported that with these threads and the Display Frequency podcast, and it's been a useful way for your normal aviation fan to ensure their voices are heard by those who are perhaps not listening.

Agree on no need for personal attacks and trolling, I hope this hasn't been the way I have come across.

Post by 106500 »

I have to say I rather miss the thread - it was the one I usually read first to gauge the views and counter views. Yes it was a bit tetchy at times but also actually quite compulsive - especially the ongoing tensions and claims as to the real identity of the various posters! Sometimes funny sometimes annoying. Here's a vote that we bring it back please?

PhilEAF92

Post by PhilEAF92 »

Doctor P sold it :)

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

Biggest topic ever on UKAR, most posts and most views on this forum ever.
Dismantled by the Vtts blind, like above comments the topic was ended by a group that was put in a corner and they have squealed when things have not gone there way.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Is there a translation of that into English, as both Google Translate & Babelfish failed to render it comprehensible ?
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:

So much was achieved

All is lost

It won't have been deleted, it'll have been moved into the staff section.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

steveb23 wrote:

Second that