Illegal parkers Foul up best Planespotting site in Lancs

Aviation related video clips and links
donaldson1

Illegal parkers Foul up best Planespotting site in Lancs

Post by donaldson1 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z2pD-JG4CI[/youtube]
Check out my other Aviation videos on my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO7FUS ... cD17blAFcw

boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: Illegal parkers Foul up best Planespotting site in Lancs

Post by boff180 »

As I've just said on facebook...

I would bet money that this fence has nothing to do with bad parking by photographers.

Back in January two individuals, one a vicar, broke into the airfield and attempted to "disarm" a Typhoon (and a Hawk IIRC) due for delivery to Saudi Arabia causing quite a bit of damage.

I would bet money that this fence together with other improved security measures is a direct result of a review following this incident designed to limit the risk of a repeat attack.

Andy

donaldson1

Post by donaldson1 »

boff180 wrote:As I've just said on facebook...

I would bet money that this fence has nothing to do with bad parking by photographers.

Back in January two individuals, one a vicar, broke into the airfield and attempted to "disarm" a Typhoon (and a Hawk IIRC) due for delivery to Saudi Arabia causing quite a bit of damage.

I would bet money that this fence together with other improved security measures is a direct result of a review following this incident designed to limit the risk of a repeat attack.

Andy

You're most likely correct, Obviously I'm just speculating in my vid, I'm just highlighting the issue of inconsiderate parking, To be honest I thought I'd get more support regarding this issue (As I believe It's a fairly important one)
Check out my other Aviation videos on my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO7FUS ... cD17blAFcw

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Local spotters have known for the last 18 months it was happening, and it started with the abortive telephone poles put up by whoever was putting in phone lines around there, putting in poles almost on the edge of the grass by the fence.

They put in a few before BAE reminded them it was an airport and they hadn't permission to put them that close to the airport etc.

They soon came down, then dug a trench for the cables but in the wrong place, and had to put the trench almost on the road.

What surprises me is not the height, but the austere look of the fencing. This looks thick, and perhaps a bit over the top, but it's their airfield, and we have had it good for too long there on the mound.

As for the fence hangers, they have been a real problem, and I don't think anyone had a problem with steps there, as long as they didn't touch BAE's fence. The moment that started to catch on, it was going o be a problem. Add to that the parking along the fence side, which was just damn stupid, and that's not helped at all.

Just means we have to be creative now and go for approach shots from out a bit from BAE property, with a 300-500 type lens,. Not impossible, but the days of the mound and close shots of taxi and take off are now gone even from there unless you have a tall step ladder.

Not good.
Got to love Russianhardware

donaldson1

Post by donaldson1 »

HeyfordDave111 wrote:Local spotters have known for the last 18 months it was happening, and it started with the abortive telephone poles put up by whoever was putting in phone lines around there, putting in poles almost on the edge of the grass by the fence.

They put in a few before BAE reminded them it was an airport and they hadn't permission to put them that close to the airport etc.

They soon came down, then dug a trench for the cables but in the wrong place, and had to put the trench almost on the road.

What surprises me is not the height, but the austere look of the fencing. This looks thick, and perhaps a bit over the top, but it's their airfield, and we have had it good for too long there on the mound.

As for the fence hangers, they have been a real problem, and I don't think anyone had a problem with steps there, as long as they didn't touch BAE's fence. The moment that started to catch on, it was going o be a problem. Add to that the parking along the fence side, which was just damn stupid, and that's not helped at all.

Just means we have to be creative now and go for approach shots from out a bit from BAE property, with a 300-500 type lens,. Not impossible, but the days of the mound and close shots of taxi and take off are now gone even from there unless you have a tall step ladder.

Not good.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of the issues regarding the phone lines. Fortunately It's still possible to film from the Freck side - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEKnCMd3mOw

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

I really don't see your problem!
The local people, the local businesses (one I used to work at) , BAE security, BAE Fire Department, Lancashire Police (who Yes come down regularly and sometimes stop for a brief chat) and even the pilots haven't got an issue with people including me parking on a grass verge taking up minimal space of the road.
The only issue I can see is we are getting in the way of your amazing videos? I'm sorry if we spoil your footage.
The fence is rubbish but with support of BAE we are working round it with bigger ladders with no issues.

The spotters at Warton are the nicest bunch you could ever meet, really good mates, shame you think differently, your loss. I have been going for over 10 years now and never had a problem.
Leave it to the authorities and enjoy aviation while we still can at Warton mate!

Feel free to PM me with the issues you have with the friendly people at Warton as I'm well aware you have already made a few people upset with your foul language and disregard to friendly advice.
Look forward to your reply, hopefully see you soon.

Christian (Warton berk)
Lakes Lightning Collection

donaldson1

Post by donaldson1 »

chrisward123 wrote:I really don't see your problem!
The local people, the local businesses (one I used to work at) , BAE security, BAE Fire Department, Lancashire Police (who Yes come down regularly and sometimes stop for a brief chat) and even the pilots haven't got an issue with people including me parking on a grass verge taking up minimal space of the road.
The only issue I can see is we are getting in the way of your amazing videos? I'm sorry if we spoil your footage.
The fence is rubbish but with support of BAE we are working round it with bigger ladders with no issues.

The spotters at Warton are the nicest bunch you could ever meet, really good mates, shame you think differently, your loss. I have been going for over 10 years now and never had a problem.
Leave it to the authorities and enjoy aviation while we still can at Warton mate!

Feel free to PM me with the issues you have with the friendly people at Warton as I'm well aware you have already made a few people upset with your foul language and disregard to friendly advice.

Christian (Warton berk)

You just keep ignoring the signs dude, you'll get busted eventually!!!

donaldson1

Post by donaldson1 »

donaldson1 wrote:

Christian (Warton berk)

donaldson1

Post by donaldson1 »

donaldson1 wrote:
donaldson1 wrote:

Christian (Warton berk)

Not everyone who attends Warton agrees with you anyway, Read this quote made by someone else who visits the site, "As for the fence hangers, they have been a real problem, and I don't think anyone had a problem with steps there, as long as they didn't touch BAE's fence. The moment that started to catch on, it was going to be a problem. Add to that the parking along the fence side, which was just damn stupid, and that's not helped at all.".

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

I would seriously doubt that any increase in security at any aviation facility has anything to do with a few chubby middle aged fence hangers - much more like to be due to the current security status within the country as a whole and more specifically incidents of people accessing bases and causing expensive to repair damage to airframes.

The impact on spotting prospects may be a consequence but I doubt it is the cause.

donaldson1

Post by donaldson1 »

donaldson1 wrote:
donaldson1 wrote:

Christian (Warton berk)

!!!!!!!!!

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

Your awaiting a reply... ahh I see... I did ask you to PM me in previous post???
Plus you haven't particular replied with any response as to what I said in previous post apart from the childish comments: 'You just keep ignoring the signs dude, you'll get busted eventually!!!'

I am down at Warton EVERY weekday and I haven't seen one person with a ladder touching the fence, everyone uses A Frame Ladders.

Nobody has any problem with 'US' plane geeks parking on the verge next to the fences and we are leaving legal minimum 3.75m width for traffic on Carriageway to get past. I know your originally 'problem' is we are parking on Double Yellow Lines but I can assure you after speaking with Official BAE Security and again with the Local Police force... there is NO ISSUE!

I work down the same road and I am in contact with a lot of the locals regularly and I have asked them myself do you see any issues with the parking down Pool Lane.... guess what the reply I got was a NO, Why Would We!

Why have you gone out of your way to be so negative since visiting Warton... as previous mentioned there is a good community spirit at the fence and I think your the first person in 10 years I have met that seems to have another point of view.

Also as advised previously please do not climb into private property to take Aviation Videos, this spoils it for the rest of us and is a far bigger problem then a few cars parked on Double Yellow Lines.
Also as previously advised I am close friends with the owner of the private property and I have made him aware you are climbing onto his land, he has since installed Signs and CCTV cameras at his own expense, he is annoyed that people (you) are trespassing onto private property without consent.

As mentioned previously I work for a company on behalf of BT.. regarding the Poles which were installed which were legally put up on public land, they were quickly removed in liaison with BAE.

Christian
Lakes Lightning Collection