Radom Polish Air Show

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
st24

Radom Polish Air Show

Post by st24 »

Appears to be on now 26-27 August. If twitter is to be believed (good source) the Pakistan AF K-8 equipped "Sherdils" aerobatic team are debuting there! Quite a pull even though I'd prefer a JF-17 or two of course...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Spotty_Jag

Re: Radom Polish Air Show

Post by Spotty_Jag »

Interesting... :heyhey:

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

I've seen several reports saying that for pictures you are best outside of the base on the south side. Can anybody describe what this entails: inside for static, parking, getting outside etc. Thanks
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

PeterR

Post by PeterR »

UKAR Airshow Reports are always a good place to start for such information, and on the site there are articles from the show in 2015 & 2013... :whistle:

http://www.airshows.co.uk/reports/overs ... m-airshow/

http://www.airshows.co.uk/reports/overs ... -air-show/

Agg
UKAR Staff

Post by Agg »

tankbuster wrote:I've seen several reports saying that for pictures you are best outside of the base on the south side. Can anybody describe what this entails: inside for static, parking, getting outside etc. Thanks

Yes, that's correct - when shooting from the crowd line you'll have the sun in your face all day, and you're pretty far away from the action. There's no on base parking, and most of the roads surrounding the base are closed on the show days. If you want to do the show from the outside you'll have to get there really early, before they close the roads, or set up camp in one of the nearby fields.

There seems to be a lot of back and forth with Radom this year, but it does look like the show will go ahead now.

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Thanks for the info guys
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Agg wrote:
tankbuster wrote:I've seen several reports saying that for pictures you are best outside of the base on the south side. Can anybody describe what this entails: inside for static, parking, getting outside etc. Thanks

Yes, that's correct - when shooting from the crowd line you'll have the sun in your face all day, and you're pretty far away from the action. There's no on base parking, and most of the roads surrounding the base are closed on the show days. If you want to do the show from the outside you'll have to get there really early, before they close the roads, or set up camp in one of the nearby fields.
Can't disagree more. Last time there was an interesting article how to get interesting pictures from inside written by someone called Hesja. Unfortunately post-show it disappeared from the web. Flying action is much closer to the crowdline than in the UK even pre-Shoreham.

People from the group I travelled with had no problem to go to the naughty streets around noon, after having been inside for the morning to do the static. I'm not a fan of people doing shows from outside, but Radom is the very last place I would advocate going there. The safety record for there is very impressive, but for the wrong reasons (Belarussian Flanker, Robinson heli in 2015 at the same day as Shoreham, IIRC the shoiw was stopped two years before the Flanker due to a fatal crash also).

Besides that, from what I understood, this year is planned to be a low key event to keep the locals happy, more like a "picknick" as they call it there. A big one is scheduled for '18.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Hello, everybody! :)

aviodromefriend wrote:Besides that, from what I understood, this year is planned to be a low key event to keep the locals happy, more like a "picknick" as they call it there. A big one is scheduled for '18.

This news is probably out of date ;) Ukraine, Pakistan and Lithuania confirmed that they would like to participate at Radom Air Show 2017. Flanker? I hope so :)

Carlito

Post by Carlito »

Mr. Crusher wrote:Hello, everybody! :)

aviodromefriend wrote:Besides that, from what I understood, this year is planned to be a low key event to keep the locals happy, more like a "picknick" as they call it there. A big one is scheduled for '18.

This news is probably out of date ;) Ukraine, Pakistan and Lithuania confirmed that they would like to participate at Radom Air Show 2017. Flanker? I hope so :)

Unfortunately, news is not out of date, Pakistan canceled, Ukraine not confirmed, maybe some stuff from USA will join (maybe).
The same weekend is SIAF in Sliac (Slovakia) - this is one of main reasons why we have picknick in Radom this year.
AA / FB

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Carlito wrote:Unfortunately, news is not out of date, Pakistan canceled, Ukraine not confirmed, maybe some stuff from USA will join (maybe).
The same weekend is SIAF in Sliac (Slovakia) - this is one of main reasons why we have picknick in Radom this year.

And if you look at the display team schedules, Lido di Jesolo is also drawing big names that same weekend.

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Officially: Radom Air Show 2017 will take place on 26-27 August.

Rumors:

USA:
B-52 (only on Saturday)
B-1 (only on Sunday)

Ukraine:
Su-27

Romania:
Mig-21

Germany:
Eurofighter EF-2000 Typhoon

Italy:

Spain:

Netherlands:
F-16

Austria:
Saab-105

Poland:
F-16 Tiger Demo Team
Mig-29 Solo Display
Su-22 Demo Team
Team Orlik
Team White-and-Red Sparks
[...]

More details soon...

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

A country conspicuously absent there I must say, even considering it's just rumours
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Finally: http://en.airshow.wp.mil.pl/artykuly/pr ... show-2017/

Polish Air Force (F/S): Team Orlik, Team White-and-Red Sparks, MiG-29, Su-22, F-16, C-295, C-130, M-28, TS-11, PZL-130, SW-4, Mi-2, Mi-24, W-3, Mi-8/17, Mi-14, W-3 PL, W-3, BSR Orbiter, W-3 SAR, G-550, SH-2G + civil aircrafts (Zelazny Team, Cellfast Flying Team, XtremeAir XA-41 and more)
Italian Air Force: Eurofighter EF-2000 Typhoon (F), M-346 (F)
Spanish Air Force: Eurofighter EF-2000 Typhoon (F)
Austrian Air Force: Saab J105 OE (F)
Ukrainian Air Force: Su-27 (F), AN-26 (S)
Romanian Air Force: Mig-21 (F/S), C-27J (S)
Royal Netherlands Air Force: F-16 (S)
German Air Force: Eurofighter EF-2000 Typhoon (S)
Lithuanian Air Force: C-27J (S)
United States Air Force: B-52 (FP), B-1 (FP)
NATO: Boeing E-3 Sentry AWACS (FP)

There won't probably be more military aircrafts in Radom this year. Some foreign civil aerobatic teams and aircrafts are going to appear.

The entrance will be free.

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

+ Baltic Bees

You can get free tickets for Radom Air Show here: https://www.ebilet.pl/en/sport/pozostale/air-show/

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Baltic Bees added

aspotternot

Post by aspotternot »

Wissam24 wrote:A country conspicuously absent there I must say, even considering it's just rumours

Who do you mean, the French, the Belgians, Swedes, Norwegians? Oh you mean the UK? Radom only started looking at having a show, possibly only a small one, at the beginning of the year and did not sign it off as happening until about six weeks ago when most of the current participants were announced. As much as it would be good to see UK assets it is way beyond the date for their allocation. There are many airshows taking place in the UK that Bank Holiday weekend to which all assets will have been allocated. Pulling the Reds, Typhoon or BBMF from any of those would not be popular. As with St Dizier a few weeks ago we might turn up and find a Tornado or Hawk on static.

Next year I believe, is the centenary of the Polish Air Force and it is hoped, by many in Poland, that Radom will hold a big show to celebrate, I just hope they make their intentions clear well in advance of the UK military asset booking date which arrives on schedule a couple of months before Christmas!

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Wonder how long until the Nato E3 cancels :whistle:
If you like these pics there are more utterly brilliant shots at https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
#MOT

Sall

Post by Sall »

Anybody to share his expirience from airshow this year about shooting from south side - outside of base?
I hate backlight. Also think it's useless to organize whole trip, pay everything and you have backlight all day and average images after the show.
Thanks.

Canberra TT.18

Post by Canberra TT.18 »

Wonder how long until the Nato E3 cancels 

Well it didn't show up on Saterday.

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

Sall, you´ll find everything here, this post is still actual: http://www.hesja.pl/teksciwo,346,air-show-radom.html

I had really good time in Radom this year, it was great to see Ukrainian Flanker (what a fantastic display!), Romanian Mig-21, USAF B-1 and B-52 (other teams were also fantastic).
I'm looking forward to the next, 2018 edition of Radom Air Show, it's going to be a huge event.

Sall

Post by Sall »

Thank you Mr. Crusher. :up:

I had opportunity to watch Su-27 flying display at BIAS 2016. From my point of view - nothing special. Maybe he is better this season than the previous one. MiG-21 LanceR C blow me up with his solo at the same airshow. It was much better than Su-27.

I also hope for big event in Radom 2018. But is it just assumption made by aviation and airshow enthusiast or there is some official info (or some "official" rumor) about big event in honor of 100 years of Polish AF?

Mr. Crusher

Post by Mr. Crusher »

No, we didn't get anny official announcement, but people from the polish army mentioned a big celebration of this anniversary. There's only one confirmed news in this moment: invitations for Air Show 2018 have been already sent to other countries.

Oh, and Flanker's display in Radom was really breathtaking, it was the best ukrainian solo I've ever seen, you can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjAx9LCX9Uw&t=270s (the video isn't mine, it was recorded from south side of airport)

Sall

Post by Sall »

Well, from my point of view - that's enough and that's great! :yahoo:

Thank you for video. I agree - very nice display. Good to see light conditions from south side. Airplanes flying above heads. :rock:

See you at Radom Airshow 2018. :yahoo:

st24

Post by st24 »

Mr. Crusher wrote:No, we didn't get anny official announcement, but people from the polish army mentioned a big celebration of this anniversary. There's only one confirmed news in this moment: invitations for Air Show 2018 have been already sent to other countries.

Oh, and Flanker's display in Radom was really breathtaking, it was the best ukrainian solo I've ever seen, you can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjAx9LCX9Uw&t=270s (the video isn't mine, it was recorded from south side of airport)

Great to see him tailsliding in the full show :up:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!