Macclesfield

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
james solomon

Macclesfield

Post by james solomon »

There's a chopper doing circuits round my area now its quite loud and if it was a police chopper it have the spotlight on but someone may prove me wrong also radar doesn't pick it up

Brevet Cable

Re: Macclesfield

Post by Brevet Cable »

Plod-copters in my area don't always have the searchlight on ( especially when they're operating over Cardiff )
As for "radar doesn't pick it up", I assume you mean on the likes of FR24 & other tracking programs ?
If so that's nothing unusual if my area is anything to go by, the only helicopter which routinely shows up on the tracking programs is the SAR one -- Neither the Police or Heli-med ones tend to be shown on them.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Heard Police151 heading in that sort of direction earlier, didn't really pay attention to exactly where though.

nighthawk999

Post by nighthawk999 »

360Radar(£19.99 a year)consistently picks up police helis,shown as NPAS,and by callsign,my local one in the East Midlands is G-EMID,and their routes can be tracked.
This is along with civilian and military traffic,including tankers in the various AARAs.

DonaldGrump

Post by DonaldGrump »

If it was in the vicinity of the Moss the Weston or the Priory it would most certainly have been flying plod.