Sanicole / Kleine Brogel

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Sanicole / Kleine Brogel

Post by Skyflash »

A great way to bring the curtain down on another airshow season, with what is fast becoming the traditional trip to rural Belgium.

The threatened weather apocalypse never really materialised, in fact the only part of the weekend which was a proper washout was the arrivals at KB on Friday afternoon... which is where I begin:

by Gordon Duncan, on Flickr

Then on to Sanicole for a fairly soggy night-show:

Back to KB on Saturday for the Spotter's Day:

...and then Sanicole on Sunday for the full airshow, and what a great day it was too. Starting with the earliest form of flight of all...

A fitting end to my aviation year, with the Polish MiG blasting off into the sunset... see you all back on the circuit in 2018!

:rock:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Dr Cake

Re: Sanicole / Kleine Brogel

Post by Dr Cake »

Looks like you had fun! I'm planning to get to the show at K-B next year. Hope to see you there! :smile:

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

There are some lovely images there - the SF260 in front of the Saudi Hawks, the Rafale, the Twisters.. well all of them really. It looks like Sanicole was the show of the season, despite the worst the met could throw at it.
Great stuff :clap:

How were the Saudi Hawks btw? they were a little out of kilter the last time I saw them, in similar weather.

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Dr Cake wrote:Looks like you had fun! I'm planning to get to the show at K-B next year. Hope to see you there! :smile:

I will absolutely be at KB next year, and after last weekend have discovered a very handy hotel, which might well be worth booking early... :whistle:

Wrexham Mackem wrote:How were the Saudi Hawks btw? they were a little out of kilter the last time I saw them, in similar weather.

Still somewhat underwhelming - they remain basically the Green Arrows, flying the same routines on almost the exact same aircraft as RAFAT, and of course coached by former Red Arrows. The one thing in their favour from a photography perspective is that the green jets are extremely photogenic.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Good to see Christian Moullec and his geese are still knocking around, not seen them in the UK for a long time (Fly To The Past at Blenheim Palace, 2007?).

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

Loving the fluff and jelly in these shots :clap: The gloomy weather seems to add rather than detract in these pics, thanks for sharing :-)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)