Duxford - BoB 2017

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Jumbo

Duxford - BoB 2017

Post by Jumbo »

So as with Legends i had almost finished editing my photos when my lightroom catalog disappeared :mad: :confused: I also found it hard to motivate myself to go through the 1000 odd shots i took. I don't really machine gun shots but for the first time i got to an airshow early enough to go around the static and i got a little overexcited due to the nice(ish) light for the static aircraft.

Still, im done now and i have plenty of time to recover from the trauma of going through 1000 mediocre photos.

The show itself was great, as many before me have said. Personally i enjoyed Flying Legends more, probably because of the better weather and the Horsemen. The light was horrible for the first 2 odd hours was only marginally better by the end. Also the stiff on-crowd crosswind meant some aircraft could not fly. Also i was disappointed that the F8F could not fly with G-CBEL, since it seemed to mean that Richard Grace flew the display he would have done in formation but without the Bearcat, which seemed more sedate than his joker display at legends. However i just cannot get over how lovely that aircraft is (as you can probably tell from how many static shots i took of it!) and any show it goes to is an instant must.

I was surprised by how good the two C-47s were. The BBMF display was also good although lacked the Spitfires which flew in the saturday display. However the highlight for me was definitely the Spitfire tailchase. Not the first time i have seen it and it couldn't quite match the 14 spitfires at meet the fighters last year but it truly is an amazing sight to see 12 spitfires chasing each other.

ImageSpitfire by Will-L, on Flickr

ImageFury G-CBEL by Will-L, on Flickr

ImageF8F Bearcat by Will-L, on Flickr

ImageFury G-CBEL by Will-L, on Flickr

ImageThe Business End by Will-L, on Flickr

Image'Sally B' by Will-L, on Flickr

ImageHurricane Formation by Will-L, on Flickr

ImageHurricane Tailchase by Will-L, on Flickr

ImageBBMF Lancaster and Hurricane by Will-L, on Flickr

ImageBBMF Lancaster and Hurricane by Will-L, on Flickr

Image'The Syncro Pair' by Will-L, on Flickr

ImageSeafire Takeoff by Will-L, on Flickr