Bournemouth Aviation Museum Nightshoot

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
Harvo266

Bournemouth Aviation Museum Nightshoot

Post by Harvo266 »

Hi all,

Some of you may be aware there is a small Aviation museum next to Bournemouth Airport with full aircraft and sections including Lightning, Canberra, JP5, Hunter, Jaguar, Vulcan, 737 etc. The museum is a charity and is run by a handful of volunteers. As a way to promote the museum and gain some more visitors, the volunteers are interested in running one or two nightshoots for a group of people. The museum is all outdoors and the low fences/cones around the aircraft would be removed where possible to allow for better photographs.

This nightshoot is not confirmed yet and will only happen if enough people voice an interest, so I'm asking everyone on here to reply if they would be interested. We would need a minimum of 10 people per shoot for it to be considered.

Please check www.aviation-museum.co.uk to see what exhibits the museum has, but please be aware that the website is slightly dated, and an ex-RAF HS-125 and Jet Provost has been acquired by the museum.

Please PM me for any enquiries :up:

Harvey
Nikon D500

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Re: Bournemouth Aviation Museum Nightshoot

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

Sounds good, depends on the date and price for me.

Minigill

Post by Minigill »

Jakub.Zurek wrote:Sounds good, depends on the date and price for me.

Same reply for me as well :)

K213

Post by K213 »

As above - would be interested.

Paul_Reflex

Post by Paul_Reflex »

I'd attend a nightshoot at the museum too.

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Same as everyone else. Depending on price and when it is I'd be interested.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Post by Ledhead27 »

As I'm doing my flight training at Bournemouth Airport at the moment it would be rude for me not to visit and provide some support to the museum! Sign me up!
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

shorsley

Post by shorsley »

Would be interested and bring a possible plus one, if not more, depending on the date.

Did the last one back in 2012 but as it was only my second ever nightshoot I didn't do it justice.
"I have a good pilot and a safe pilot."

Flickr

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

Evening all,

Thanks for the responses and I am pleased to say we have enough people to run this evening, and will have to look at doing 2 identical evenings to split the numbers up a bit to make it more manageable and spacious. Myself and the rest of the museum team will have discussions and see if this event can definitely happen smoothly. Once we have all agreed, we will confirm a date and time etc and I will provide a longer post with details of the nightshoot.

Thanks for the interest

Harvey
Nikon D500

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

Best of luck! (They're not as easy to run as you may expect :confused: )

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

Another update folks!

Since we now have the required interest, we have been discussing some details on how we can make it as enjoyable and 'photography friendly' and to put it in the best way - there is LOTS of work to be done before I personally would be happy to allow a batch of photographers to come on site. These things include bushes and hedges that need trimming, grass that needs cutting, aircraft that need cleaning, repairs etc. One thing that is not too common at other museums is that we are a 'working museum' - it is not an immaculate museum, myself and the other volunteers have tons of jobs big and little to fulfil.

Another thing I have been thinking, which I may need a general consensus for is - What time of year? If it was to be in winter, it would be very cold, but we could do it earlier since it is darker earlier. However, if we were to do it in summer, it would need to be later in the evening (Better for people with full time jobs??). Please give me a rough time in the year you think would be best. In a logical mind, I wouldn't want the event to run in 2017 due to the work that would need to be done to make the site better.

Thanks all,

Harv
Nikon D500