2018 Tickets

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
The Star of Woo

2018 Tickets

Post by The Star of Woo »

Does anyone have a deffo date when we can purchase next years tickets please, DBH say 'Autumn' which isn't really much help!!

Brevet Cable

Re: 2018 Tickets

Post by Brevet Cable »

Surprised they're not on sale already......wasn't it the beginning of September last year ?
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

It was deffo advertised as September for the 2017 show, I checked the site today and it says 'Autumn'. I can only assume they have gone with this woolly description in case there was some timing knock ons after organising the Scampton show. I assume the tickets to the general public will go on sale once they have sorted the FRIAT tickets/ payments.

Not sure why everyone is in such a rush to buy tickets. This year Fri and Sun didn't sell out and even with the RAF centenary celebrations there will be plenty of tickets for enthusiasts to snap up before the great unwashed wake up to the fact their is an airshow on.

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

FRIAT members had an email with info for paying by standing charge yesterday. Payments start on the 27th Oct
Gary

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

speedbird2639 wrote:Not sure why everyone is in such a rush to buy tickets. This year Fri and Sun didn't sell out and even with the RAF centenary celebrations there will be plenty of tickets for enthusiasts to snap up before the great unwashed wake up to the fact their is an airshow on.

Err.....'Super Earlybird' discount...... :whistle: :lol:
아직도 숨어있다

RS2

Post by RS2 »

Out of interest did any other FRIAT members who have sent in renewal forms NOT get that email yesterday, I for one didn't, and haven't received anything today and yes all spam and junk email boxes checked.

alans895

Post by alans895 »

I haven't.

Regards,

Alan

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

DBH are working through FRIAT application forms in batches. Not all emails have gone/will go out on the same day.

alpha586

Post by alpha586 »

Received my confirmation for my FRIAT package today didn't realise had to set up standing order manually. Now sorted all good.
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!

alans895

Post by alans895 »

didn't realise had to set up standing order manually

Can someone explain what this means please?

Regards,

Alan

Duffer

Post by Duffer »

People with a UK bank account can set up a standing order to spread the payment for FRIAT over 6 months instead of paying the full amount in one payment

alans895

Post by alans895 »

Thanks Duffer.

Was starting to wonder if I had missed something, but I'm from Australia and had elected to pay in one hit, so all good.

Regards,

Alan

vulcan57

Post by vulcan57 »

Duffer wrote:People with a UK bank account can set up a standing order to spread the payment for FRIAT over 6 months instead of paying the full amount in one payment

Is it only people with UK bank accounts that can avail of this? I have an Irish bank account.

The Star of Woo

Post by The Star of Woo »

Has anyone any idea yet when, non FRIAT tickets will be going on sale please?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Presumably the answer is exactly the same as when you asked the exact same question exactly 2 weeks ago.

아직도 숨어있다

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Got an email confirmation today that my FRIAT membership is being processed (paying up front as opposed to via the direct debit scheme) - I only sent my application off a couple of weeks ago, so they are clearly getting through them at a steady pace.

I guess that's me confirmed for RIAT '18 then! :clap: :yahoo:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

Can i ask please as to when the early birds tickets are going to be placed onsale?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

'Autumn', as per their website. :wink:

Probably the only people who may know the exact date are those who are part of DBH ( 'RIAT Air Ops', for example ) and I wouldn't have thought they'd pre-empt the official announcement.

As per my previous post on here, if people haven't already done so, sign up for RIAT's E-Mails, then you'll receive notification that they're on sale.
아직도 숨어있다

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Just for the "Are we there yet" posters.....
They've updated the RIAR website so that the main pages now relate to next year's show.
For those wondering if the RAF flypast is on all 3 days, it would appear not....
RAF100 at the Air Tattoo will be a full three day event, with over 7 hours of amazing flying on all three days. Friday will be a day not to miss, featuring a Royal Review of aircraft, a 7hr+ flying display and dramatic flypasts to celebrate the Centenary. Due to the nature of this event, flying participants may be different on each day.

For those asking about when the tickets go on sale, it would appear they soon will be....the 'tickets' page is up ( http://www.airtattoo.com/tickets.asp ) but there's nothing on there yet.
Oh, and I was wrong to cynically think they'd increase the ticket prices to compensate for raising the 'free entry' age to under 18....the ticket prices will be the same as they were this year ! :clap:
아직도 숨어있다

pb643

Post by pb643 »

Brevet Cable wrote:Just for the "Are we there yet" posters.....
They've updated the RIAR website so that the main pages now relate to next year's show.
For those wondering if the RAF flypast is on all 3 days, it would appear not....
RAF100 at the Air Tattoo will be a full three day event, with over 7 hours of amazing flying on all three days. Friday will be a day not to miss, featuring a Royal Review of aircraft, a 7hr+ flying display and dramatic flypasts to celebrate the Centenary. Due to the nature of this event, flying participants may be different on each day.

For those asking about when the tickets go on sale, it would appear they soon will be....the 'tickets' page is up ( http://www.airtattoo.com/tickets.asp ) but there's nothing on there yet.
Oh, and I was wrong to cynically think they'd increase the ticket prices to compensate for raising the 'free entry' age to under 18....the ticket prices will be the same as they were this year ! :clap:

I wonder if Fridays ticket price will now rise to be more in line with the weekend as a consequence of the full flying display.

Does anyone know if a decision has been made to extend to a full Friday after 2018 or will it revert back to the short day, or has no decision been made?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Tickets page now updated : http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/visiting/airshow-tickets
Not showing any prices on the main ticket page, you've got to go on the 'buy tickets' page for that : http://www.airtattoo.com/tickets.asp

And yes, all 3 days are now the same price.

Edited to add....
Just noticed the following big change with regards the 'earlybird' discounts :
We have simplified our Super Earlybird (£45) and Earlybird (£50) discount which no longer end on a specific date but will change after a set number of tickets are sold. This means that we will, during the year, be selling tickets in different price bands at the same time which we believe offers a better choice of discounted tickets for anyone looking to attend this amazing event. The discount is already applied and shown in the price below.

Edited again to add...
If you buy a 'grandstand' ticket, the next page gives you the option to pick which seat(s) you want to book.
아직도 숨어있다

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Tickets are on sale.... NOW :-)

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

What news of Mafeking ? :whistle:
:lol:
아직도 숨어있다

RS2

Post by RS2 »

I see P&V tickets are also available for the Tuesday on the event website, so does that mean I now need my Mach3 membership plus a one day P&V for the Tuesday ?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

FAQs say :
FRIAT MACH-3 membership includes free admission to Park & View on Wednesday, Thursday and Monday.
아직도 숨어있다