Nene Valley Railway - Sunday 22nd October

Photos that are not aviation related
pootle

Nene Valley Railway - Sunday 22nd October

Post by pootle »

Having spent Saturday evening at RAF Coningsby I stopped off in Peterborough on the way back home as I noticed they had a steam day operating.

I didn't fancy the crowds at Wansford doing the Thomas shuttle run so opted to stop off at Orton Mere. As it turned out it was a good call. After breaking down at Peterborough Station a day or so earlier, Flying Scotsman had limped very slowly around to the Nene Valley workshops at Wansford for investigation and repairs. this has certainly been reported locally meaning a bumper crowd this weekend for the Thomas event and the steam running! However, Orton Mere was virtually deserted.

Staff at the station seemed to think that the Flying Scotsman will be with them for several days and that one axle had been removed and shipped out for work to be done on it. They also seemed to think when it did leave it would be under cover of darkness :ninja:, to ease it into the flow on the mainline and prevent too many spectators.

Anyway a few from my brief stop at Orton Mere:

Nene Valley - October 22nd- by Stewart Oxley, on Flickr

Nene Valley - October 22nd--8 by Stewart Oxley, on Flickr

Nene Valley - October 22nd--2 by Stewart Oxley, on Flickr

Nene Valley - October 22nd--5 by Stewart Oxley, on Flickr

Nene Valley - October 22nd--7 by Stewart Oxley, on Flickr

Nene Valley - October 22nd--3 by Stewart Oxley, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.
Stewart

Georgeconna

Re: Nene Valley Railway - Sunday 22nd October

Post by Georgeconna »

Looks Like a tight spot for shots not to mind that whopping great overbridge with the Motor Traffic noise but it looks like the bridge was there before the Station. Called in the once after an aborted visit to Wittering some years ago, They had a polish engine in steam.

The Driver waving shot is very nice.
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.