FRIAT 2018 Packages

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
ikarus

FRIAT 2018 Packages

Post by ikarus »

Just been on the website as I'd like to get 2 FRIAT Packages for 2018 , having missed the boat last year because of the fast sell out , having previously bought FRIAT packages every year for about the last 10 years at least without a break - that's loyalty

The downloadable form states :- "2017 FRIAT Members - please add a tick next to the name above for your loyalty discount "

Really :mad: ..... what about all the folk who have been loyal up until last year without fail , but missed it because of the quick sell out situation

Would anyone from Douglas Bader House like to comment on this ??? Someone purchases for the first time last year and gets an immediate loyalty discount :wall:

CJS

Re: FRIAT 2018 Packages

Post by CJS »

Not unusual though - I got free green flag membership with my bank last year after 17 years unbroken aa membership then found I had lost any of the benefits for being a long term aa member when I wanted to go back this year. Maybe - in a very literal sense, no dig at DBH intended - you're only as loyal as your last purchase?
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Of course, rather than ranting on a forum - which they're unlikely to respond to - you could always try the simple method of contacting them directly, explain the situation to them and see if they'll offer you the discount.

As Chris posted, the majority of loyalty discount schemes cease if you miss a year & you end up having to start again from scratch.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

but missed it because of the quick sell out situation

It wasn't that quick - I seem to remember tickets were advertised as going on sale around Sept/ Oct time and sold out in Jan/ Feb for FRIAT. And plenty of the members on here state they rebook the next years FRIAT actually at the show - I can't imagine it takes more than 5 mins of your time for someone to take down your details so they can contact you later.

planenuttoo

Post by planenuttoo »

Some of us have been with IAT since the start, but there is no recognition of loyalty until last year. It's a pity they hadn't been more supportive as they would also have compiled their own records of past aircraft and attendees. Instead, if you want some information regarding particular show participants, one has to trawl online. There were a lot of volunteers in the early days, but due to the size of the operation, there are now more people employed.

It is however, a great airshow and a great organization.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Just for the OP, in case he hasn't seen it on the RIAT website....
For FRIAT 2016 and 2017 members who wish to book with their loyalty discount, download the booking form here

The 'here' being : http://www.airtattoo.com/assets/pages/00000056/friat%202018%20application%20form.doc
아직도 숨어있다

RiatMarketing

Post by RiatMarketing »

Further to our email to FRIAT members earlier this week detailing that MACH3 packages were close to selling out, we can confirm today that they have indeed sold out.

MACH 1 packages are close behind but there are still a good number of MACH2 packages remaining.
Air Tattoo Marketing Team

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

Mach 3 is sold out :shock: Mach 1 close to selling out

The Royal International Air Tattoo
16 mins ·
FRIAT MACH-3 now SOLD OUT! MACH-1 and MACH-2 are still available, however, MACH-1 is very close to selling out also! Find out more about our FRIAT packages and book here
Gary

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

That has to be a record. :dizzy:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Not surprising, really......and I wonder how many of them were taken by people renewing, I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority - if not all - were.
아직도 숨어있다

Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Brevet Cable wrote:Not surprising, really......and I wonder how many of them were taken by people renewing, I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority - if not all - were.

Well, RIAT 18 will be my first ever as a FRIAT'er but it will be my 22nd RIAT I will have attended. I am purely attending it as a FRIAT'er due to the hoped for RAF 100 and international birthday line up.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Talked to a small group of people who did Mach 1 for the first time this year who said they'd upgrade to Mach 2/3 next year.
Also a number of people who did the normal weekend access but who said that if DBH confirmed Friday to be a full day they'd be looking to go for a Mach 2 or 3 package next year because they felt it would work out cheaper doing that than buying 3 days normal entry & 3 days Viewing Village. ( Not checked, but is that right ? )
아직도 숨어있다

alpha586

Post by alpha586 »

Brevet Cable wrote:Not surprising, really......and I wonder how many of them were taken by people renewing, I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority - if not all - were.

I didnt do FRIAT this year but filled in a form in the FRIAT stand on the Friday and my cousin purchased a mach 3 package online for the first time I think the majority of mach 3 will be renewals but not all. FRIAT is now completely sold out, that has to be a record. Just hope that the show lives up to the hype and expectation. Either way just glad we have the best seats in the house.
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!

alpha586

Post by alpha586 »

Brevet Cable wrote:Talked to a small group of people who did Mach 1 for the first time this year who said they'd upgrade to Mach 2/3 next year.
Also a number of people who did the normal weekend access but who said that if DBH confirmed Friday to be a full day they'd be looking to go for a Mach 2 or 3 package next year because they felt it would work out cheaper doing that than buying 3 days normal entry & 3 days Viewing Village. ( Not checked, but is that right ? )

Have just checked the website Mach 3 package (without loyalty discount) £230. 3 day earlybird entry and 3 days in the public grandstand £229. Just goes to show how good a deal FRIAT actually is.
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!

HMS Seahawk

Post by HMS Seahawk »

Mach 1, Mach 2 and Mach 3 all now showing sold out on Air Tattoo website.

tuska2

Post by tuska2 »

On another thread, Pat Murphy suggested the idea of a bigger Grandstand, it would be good if that could be a runner, they would obviously sell the extra places.
If that were to happen, an email heads up to former members would be good! Any thoughts "RIAT air ops" ?

alans895

Post by alans895 »

On another thread, Pat Murphy suggested the idea of a bigger Grandstand, it would be good if that could be a runner, they would obviously sell the extra places. If that were to happen, an email heads up to former members would be good! Any thoughts "RIAT air ops" ?

As long as it doesn't impact those who had the foresight to book FRIAT when it became available, knowing full well that 2018 would be popular due to the RAF's 100th!

I would hate to see increased seating impact the comfort of those that have booked already. I booked in 2016 when they went with a different contractor for the seating, I was not impressed and for that reason didn't book for 2017. We were jammed in like sardines!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

There is very little, if any, room for a larger grandstand.

To the West is the Disabled enclosure, located where it is due to the road surface from the taxiway.
To the East you have the commentary area and the crash/emergency access.

Both things I can foresee being impossible to move without taking up more crowdline.

There is very little spare space in the enclosure either bearing in mind access is needed to the front for disabled Row X members plus a suitable amount of space to act as escape routes for people in case there is an issue/incident.

It’s a no go idea imho.

Andy

pb643

Post by pb643 »

A quick question from a non FRIAT member, I was just reading this thread and it made me wonder why there are limited numbers of Mach 2 and 3 tickets.
The grandstand seats can only be sold once, so why not sell as many for the longest duration possible? If all are sold for 6 day stints, all the more money in the coffers?

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

pb643 wrote:A quick question from a non FRIAT member, I was just reading this thread and it made me wonder why there are limited numbers of Mach 2 and 3 tickets.
The grandstand seats can only be sold once, so why not sell as many for the longest duration possible? If all are sold for 6 day stints, all the more money in the coffers?
Probably something to do with the number of people in the enclosure (and getting to/from the enclosure) while there are aircraft moving around on the south side of the base.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

pb643

Post by pb643 »

aviodromefriend wrote:
pb643 wrote:A quick question from a non FRIAT member, I was just reading this thread and it made me wonder why there are limited numbers of Mach 2 and 3 tickets.
Probably something to do with the number of people in the enclosure (and getting to/from the enclosure) while there are aircraft moving around on the south side of the base.

I guess that makes sense, though it would seem to be an obvious way to improve customer satisfaction and increase revenue too.

tuska2

Post by tuska2 »

Thanks Boff180, your answer seems logical and definitive, but I'll maintain a forlorn hope for a while!

frank

Post by frank »

pb643 wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:

I guess that makes sense, though it would seem to be an obvious way to improve customer satisfaction and increase revenue too.

Thinking of your question, I too am left wondering why they limit mach 3 - surely they should hold off selling mach 1 and 2 until they feel they have exhausted the market for mach 3. They could take requests for mach 1 and 2 as normal provided there are seats left at say the end of the year.
Just thinking aloud

frank

Post by frank »

I see there are more and more packages offering fast track VIP entry. I am left wondering why Mach ticket holders are left queuing up at a skanky fence in the bushes on air show days. Surely we deserve better than that.
Thoughts ?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Looks to be the same number as usual, unless I'm missing something -- 'Aviation Club', 'First Class Lounge' & 'Lightning Pavilion'
The cheapest of those is £145 per day, two with no child discounts for over-5s & one which doesn't allow children under 12 ( and they have to pay full price )

As Alpha586 worked out in an earlier post, FRIAT works out cheaper than standard entry+Viewing Village....so maybe those who buy such a non-FRIAT package should complain that they don't get VIP entry. :whistle:
아직도 숨어있다