Navy Wings Wessex Open Day

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
Seamus

Navy Wings Wessex Open Day

Post by Seamus »

Evening all,

Here's a small selection of shots from my second event this week courtesy of Navy Wings, an interesting and informative visit to the Wessex and Whirlwind Open Day. The day offered an opportunity to see how the Wessex is progressing and hear from a number of interesting and informative speakers, including the legendary John Beattie, on flying the Wessex and much more; there are exciting times ahead! Highlight however was the chance to shoot the magnificent Whirlwind at close quarters. The sun did its best to frustrate, generally making an appearance as soon as the aircraft had either flown away or shut down, but nevertheless some excellent photo opportunities were on offer...

ImageWestland Whirlwind HAR10 XJ729/G-BVGE LIftwest Chard 29/10/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageWestland Whirlwind HAR10 XJ729/G-BVGE LIftwest Chard 29/10/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments as ever welcomed

Shaun
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Re: Navy Wings Wessex Open Day

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

I do love the backdrop in those first three shots.

Arno 01

Post by Arno 01 »

Nice shooting Shaun, great to see the Whirlwind out and about. Will be great to see the Wessex in the air again.

bigcrow

Post by bigcrow »

Lovely shots Shaun. Any shots of the Wessex mate? What squadron will it represent?

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

Thanks very much chaps :clap:

Stu, I didn't get any pics of it, too much scaffolding and clutter around it whilst it's being stripped down. There are pics on their Facebook group- https://www.facebook.com/NavyWessex/- where you can see it is a 771 NAS SAR cab. The Junglie alongside it will follow after the first Wessex is complete, which they hope to be in time for Yeovilton Air Day next year. Exciting times ahead :cool:
My shots on Flickr and Airliners