Woodford Vulcan Marmite Shots

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
Big_Gareth

Woodford Vulcan Marmite Shots

Post by Big_Gareth »

I was lucky enough to attend the excellent Timeline Events Nightshoot with Vulcan XM603 at Woodford Aerodrome on Thursday. Many thanks to Neil and company for another wonderful evening of shooting.

I know the images below will not be to everyone's taste. The sunset was magnificent but there was a lot of contrast between the sky and the shadows below the aircraft, so HDR was the only route.

ImageVulcan XM603 TLE Nightshoot Nov 2017 by Tim Urry, on Flickr
ImageVulcan XM603 (2) TLE Nightshoot Nov 2017 by Tim Urry, on Flickr
ImageVulcan XM603 (4) TLE Nightshoot Nov 2017 by Tim Urry, on Flickr
ImageVulcan XM603 (3) TLE Nightshoot Nov 2017 by Tim Urry, on Flickr

The Baron

Re: Woodford Vulcan Marmite Shots

Post by The Baron »

Personally I love them.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

They're all very good but that first one is excellent.

chek

Post by chek »

A couple of really great photos there among the good ones.
And nice to see '603 is being cared for again.
The last time I saw pictures of her, the moss seemed to be trying to re-apply camouflage!

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

Personally think these pictures are great.
Is that a HS. 748 next to the VC-10?

Christian
Lakes Lightning Collection

alisdairanderson

Post by alisdairanderson »

Hi,

They don't have that 'HDR' feel to them..... they just look superb!!!! Excellent!

Alisdair

ArthurG

Post by ArthurG »

Very nice job!!

I have to agree about the HDR thing, they just look skilfully processed to me and capture the essence of the subject very well.

Well done.

Aviation94

Post by Aviation94 »

I absolutely love no. 3. Good Work! :clap:
Canon 650d, Sigma 70-300mm, Kenko 1.4 dgx mc4 tc

Youtube: http://ow.ly/zhAed

jag636

Post by jag636 »

Nothing wrong with them all ok for me :clap:
Member of Newark air museum and trustee/acquisitions officer just trying to save what we all love and thats history

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

Well I hate HDR and these really don't look like that at all. They look like very well processed, crisp, detailed shots. Lovely stuff!

Big_Gareth

Post by Big_Gareth »

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback, this is very much appreciated and I'm glad that the photos were of interest. :smile:

I did try to keep the HDR as subtle as possible so it's encouraging to read that they "don't have an HDR feel".

chrisward123 wrote:Is that a HS. 748 next to the VC-10?

Christian

Well spotted, it's the "Paper Plane", (a bit before my time to be honest) as discussed on The Avro Heritage Museum's own website here: http://avroheritagemuseum.co.uk/avro-74 ... a-cn-1756/ and the museum itself is well worth a visit if you are in the area (open Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

Big_Gareth wrote:Thank you everyone for the positive feedback, this is very much appreciated and I'm glad that the photos were of interest. :smile:

I did try to keep the HDR as subtle as possible so it's encouraging to read that they "don't have an HDR feel".

chrisward123 wrote:Is that a HS. 748 next to the VC-10?

Christian

Well spotted, it's the "Paper Plane", (a bit before my time to be honest) as discussed on The Avro Heritage Museum's own website here: http://avroheritagemuseum.co.uk/avro-74 ... a-cn-1756/ and the museum itself is well worth a visit if you are in the area (open Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Thanks didn't realise they had acquired so many aircraft, need to make a long overdue trip very soon.

Christian
Lakes Lightning Collection

austinp

Post by austinp »

Awesome.

TornadoAlex

Post by TornadoAlex »

@ Big Gareth due to your awesome photos I went to the heritage centre today being honest having seen the Vulcan perform at Welshpool 2015 I did not even know this museum existed :oops: had a great day out cheers buddy.

Good job the museum and XM603 are there otherwise a lot of new people to the area would have no clue what was there kind of sad so little is left. I noticed two hangers still standing that look like they will be pulled down very soon. I get the whole asbestos deal :tumbleweed: but still.

Anyway I recommend taking a trip to the museum very friendly helpful staff as well.

Reddog111

Post by Reddog111 »

Super images, thanks for sharing.

I'll never get chance to get to see this great bird, but great to see lovely images of her.

Big_Gareth

Post by Big_Gareth »

TornadoAlex wrote:@ Big Gareth due to your awesome photos I went to the heritage centre today being honest having seen the Vulcan perform at Welshpool 2015 I did not even know this museum existed :oops: had a great day out cheers buddy.

Wow thanks Alex you've made my night and I'm glad you enjoyed the museum. I will definitely be making another trip there myself as I regret not taking more pictures of the surrounding area/hangars etc. The drive through the building site was a bit daunting though, I hope it doesn't put further customers off. I think the museum itself could definitely do with more signage etc in the area.

austinp and Reddog111 thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed them.

flashman8

Post by flashman8 »

love these pictures.......... :clap:

please add them to this flickr group...........

The `V` Force
https://www.flickr.com/groups/2841311@N25/
Sony A700, A550, , Minolta 135, 500, Sigma 10-20, Sony 18-70, 50,70-300GSSM,Tamron 17-50,90mm

TornadoAlex

Post by TornadoAlex »

Big_Gareth wrote:
TornadoAlex wrote:@ Big Gareth due to your awesome photos I went to the heritage centre today being honest having seen the Vulcan perform at Welshpool 2015 I did not even know this museum existed :oops: had a great day out cheers buddy.

Wow thanks Alex you've made my night and I'm glad you enjoyed the museum. I will definitely be making another trip there myself as I regret not taking more pictures of the surrounding area/hangars etc. The drive through the building site was a bit daunting though, I hope it doesn't put further customers off. I think the museum itself could definitely do with more signage etc in the area.

austinp and Reddog111 thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed them.

Yes we found the lack of signage surprising as well and the drive through the airfield a bit daunting a few times we thought to ourselves should we be here have we gone the wrong way type deal.

I suppose they are at the mercy of JCB heir with what they can and cant do with signage and the like once housing estate is complete hopefully proper signage will be installed. We shall see... :whistle: