FRIAT 2018 Packages

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
pb643

Re: FRIAT 2018 Packages

Post by pb643 »

frank wrote:
pb643 wrote:
aviodromefriend wrote:
pb643 wrote:A quick question from a non FRIAT member, I was just reading this thread and it made me wonder why there are limited numbers of Mach 2 and 3 tickets.
The grandstand seats can only be sold once, so why not sell as many for the longest duration possible? If all are sold for 6 day stints, all the more money in the coffers?
Probably something to do with the number of people in the enclosure (and getting to/from the enclosure) while there are aircraft moving around on the south side of the base.

I guess that makes sense, though it would seem to be an obvious way to improve customer satisfaction and increase revenue too.

Thinking of your question, I too am left wondering why they limit mach 3 - surely they should hold off selling mach 1 and 2 until they feel they have exhausted the market for mach 3. They could take requests for mach 1 and 2 as normal provided there are seats left at say the end of the year.
Just thinking aloud

:up:

alpha586

Post by alpha586 »

If DBH only offered mach 3 packages until the end of the year they would probably sell out. There will always be strong demand for Mach 3 packages shown by the fact that they always sell out before the others. DBH have to offer the other packages to cater for all people attending the show. Some people can only attend Saturday and Sunday but still want a premier experience hence Mach 1. If people are attending with little ones they may not want to spend all week in the show. It does not always come down to getting the most amount of money possible, it comes down to providing an experience for valued customers.
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

alpha586 wrote:If DBH only offered mach 3 packages until the end of the year they would probably sell out. There will always be strong demand for Mach 3 packages shown by the fact that they always sell out before the others. DBH have to offer the other packages to cater for all people attending the show. Some people can only attend Saturday and Sunday but still want a premier experience hence Mach 1. If people are attending with little ones they may not want to spend all week in the show. It does not always come down to getting the most amount of money possible, it comes down to providing an experience for valued customers.

+1 :up:

I've finally relented and gone FRIAT for next year, however I wasn't particularly interested in the arrival days so only went for Mach 2. I'd be a little miffed if I had to pay for a Mach 3 package which I don't need.

The difference in cost is only £20 between Mach 2 and 3, so they're hardly losing a lot of money, and Mach 3 is by far the best value for money of the 3 packages - £190 for Mach 1 which only gives 2 days access is poor value compared to Mach 2 (£210) and 3 (£230).

G-CVIX

Post by G-CVIX »

The site used to show how many seats there were assigned to each package and if I recall correctly the majority were Mach 3. There are, however, regular Mach 1 and 2 customers that are there year in year out because these packages suit them better. It would hardly be fair to restrict their ability to buy tickets in advance in hopes of replacing them with higher paying Mach 3 customers.

As has been said, making the grandstand larger is a no go. They did try, but nobody liked it.

Jonnym

Post by Jonnym »

Was it actually made bigger or did they just try to fit more people in the same amount of grandstand space?

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

The latter - they said that they weren't able to hire the usual grandstand which they claimed as being used somewhere else and the seating was denser on the replacement.

Boff touched on it briefly in his RIAT report. :lmao:

Mictheslik

Post by Mictheslik »

On a similar note, I'd quite like to have a grandstand seat for arrivals and departures but not the show...how about a Mach 1.5 that sells the Mach 1 seats but for Weds, Thurs and Mon? I'd probably buy it!

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

Mictheslik wrote:On a similar note, I'd quite like to have a grandstand seat for arrivals and departures but not the show...how about a Mach 1.5 that sells the Mach 1 seats but for Weds, Thurs and Mon? I'd probably buy it!

Well as they must have the spare seats for the Mach 1 and 2 people it would be extra money for RIAT for just a little bit of admin. Come RIAT Air Ops how about it? Mention it to your buddies in DBH.

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Already asked about this and the answer was no.

They had their reasons, which I understood, but couldn’t necessarily agree with.

I’d like to see a stand in P+V east like they had in the good old days to be honest.
Got to love Russianhardware

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

I’d like to see a stand in P+V east like they had in the good old days to be honest.

Cost is going to be your issue there unless you could get a business to sponsor the stand - years ago I was told hiring a stand was based on £60 per seat. As I say that was years ago so got to be nearer £100 a seat if not more these days.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

speedbird2639 wrote:

Cost is going to be your issue there unless you could get a business to sponsor the stand - years ago I was told hiring a stand was based on £60 per seat. As I say that was years ago so got to be nearer £100 a seat if not more these days.
As P+V east is now available for the complete 6 days, that is not too much per day. I think it is not more than they charged for a seat in that stand in the pre-Cottesmore years.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Forgive me if this has been mentioned in a previous thread but will Mach 3 include Tuesday P&V this year?

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

AARDVARK wrote:Forgive me if this has been mentioned in a previous thread but will Mach 3 include Tuesday P&V this year?

No. They've said that it was separate I believe.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Correct, Tuesday P&V is an additional fee.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Bit rich really as Mach 3 supposed to be the ultimate package to encompass everything for the ethusiast but there you go !

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

There is some hope possibly for those who missed out...email Just sent by FRIAT ...

The Royal International Air Tattoo

FRIAT Membership Waitlist
Dear FRIAT member,
With much anticipation for the 2018 Air Tattoo celebrating RAF100, the Centenary of the Royal Air Force, you will be aware that interest in FRIAT packages was fantastic with the FRIAT enclosure selling out within three days of tickets going on sale.
Due to this there are many members who did not manage to book their ticket before the packages sold out.
We are currently keeping a waitlist of all these people and should any seats become available I will hopefully be able to give people on that list good news as time progresses.
With this in mind can I ask that if you find you can no longer use your 2018 FRIAT pass that you contact me straight away so that I can contact someone from the waitlist.
Please do not re-sell the pass yourself, in line with our terms and conditions FRIAT packages are not transferrable and re-selling of these tickets is prohibited.
Wendy
FRIAT Manager