Re: RIAT 2018 wishlist

Post by boff180 »

Clarify - EU nation.

Berf

Post by Berf »

boff180 wrote:Clarify - EU nation.

For now :-)

21 January 2014: the 1st Intergovernmental Conference took place, signaling the formal start of Serbia's EU accession negotiations

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Berf wrote:
boff180 wrote:Clarify - EU nation.

For now :-)

21 January 2014: the 1st Intergovernmental Conference took place, signaling the formal start of Serbia's EU accession negotiations

Wouldn't exactly rule us out in a few years' time anyway :wink:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Pringles wrote:Wouldn't exactly rule us out in a few years' time anyway :wink:
If there is no agreement in March '19 the UK will be ejected anyway. The point at which the UK could have opted to be a member for a longer time than that has long gone.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Xray833

Post by Xray833 »

aviodromefriend wrote:
Pringles wrote:Wouldn't exactly rule us out in a few years' time anyway :wink:
If there is no agreement in March '19 the UK will be ejected anyway. The point at which the UK could have opted to be a member for a longer time than that has long gone.

Thank goodness for that but is this a political thread ?

blackcat

Post by blackcat »

Hopefully an Indian Jag would be nice,
Being an ex RAF Type and all that,

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

As per FIA thread - don't expect anything Russian. The EU ban on the movement of Russian military equipment across Europe is being upheld by the government.

Andy

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Pakistani Super Mushshak demo would be cool :) Wouldn't rule it out as they do the rounds at tradeshows so with FIA...

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Does the Russia ban also rule out demo's by companies?? Just thinking when the MIG 29 OVT displayed
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

rdchawk wrote:Does the Russia ban also rule out demo's by companies?? Just thinking when the MIG 29 OVT displayed

Yes

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

Chrisse wrote:Pakistani Super Mushshak demo would be cool :) Wouldn't rule it out as they do the rounds at tradeshows so with FIA...

It would be very nice to see the Pakistan Air Force in the flying display.

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

boff180 wrote:
rdchawk wrote:Does the Russia ban also rule out demo's by companies?? Just thinking when the MIG 29 OVT displayed

Yes

Thank you.
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Rossbeef

Post by Rossbeef »

I would like to see the C-5 again. It has not felt the same without one after the old days of driving up and seeing the massive tail in the distance. I know you can still see others - KC135's C-17s etc. but it has always been the Galaxy that has stood out for me.

aviodromefriend

Rossbeef wrote:I would like to see the C-5 again. It has not felt the same without one after the old days of driving up and seeing the massive tail in the distance. I know you can still see others - KC135's C-17s etc. but it has always been the Galaxy that has stood out for me.
Hopefully it is not needed to provide some shelter. How many years ago is it there was wall to wall sunshine for the complete weekend? We are due one, and what better year to have it than in a year with a comparable theme as in the cancelled year...

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Given that their last ( only ? ) appearance was at the 2008 non-event, assuming they still exist I'd like to see the Indian AF's Sarang helicopter display team back again.
I'd rather watch them than the over-long ( and over-rated, in my opinion ) Apache role demo.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

kinglear27

Post by kinglear27 »

Brevet Cable wrote:Given that their last ( only ? ) appearance was at the 2008 non-event, assuming they still exist I'd like to see the Indian AF's Sarang helicopter display team back again.
I'd rather watch them than the over-long ( and over-rated, in my opinion ) Apache role demo.

Yes, but to top that it has to be the IAF Jaguar. I wonder what the chances are this year.

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

Here's an interesting little idea for the RIAT Team, seeing as it's the RAF Centenary why not invite any Country which still has any type of Aircraft which has in the past been operated by the Royal Air Force? My idea coming from reading and seeing pictures of things like the Greek Phantoms from Last Year or just been reading about the Indians or anyone else who still operate Aircaft such as The Jaguar etc.etc.......(Spanish or U.S. Harriers)......

CJS

Post by CJS »

It's not a new suggestion :wink:

Which doesn't mean it's not a good one.
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Roughcutter

Post by Roughcutter »

An-22 Cock ? :whistle:

verreli

Post by verreli »

So, given that 617 is returning to the UK in the summer of 2018, what do you think the chance of getting a 9 ship of F35B's in diamond followed by a 9 ship side-by-side hover along the crowd line is? Would make the 100th anniversary highly memorable and after all, this is a wish list; right???

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Had massive ‘Riat blues’ today and was thinking about them Su-22’s in 2014 in cloudless blue sky! Would love to see them back!
Haven’t seen a B1 fly in 10 nearly 11 years. Has it really been that long. :sad:

And as said above would be cool to see F35’s hovering together. Maybe one F35 and Harrier in hover possibly?
Had a dream couple days ago that that Red Arrows special flypast was them leading with 2 spitfires and 2 Hurricances in Diamond with the Typhoon (GINA) in the middle just behind.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

verreli wrote:So, given that 617 is returning to the UK in the summer of 2018, what do you think the chance of getting a 9 ship of F35B's in diamond followed by a 9 ship side-by-side hover along the crowd line is? Would make the 100th anniversary highly memorable and after all, this is a wish list; right???

I don’t think 617 will be bringing 9 aircraft with them in June???

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

I think only 4 F-35B are expected in the first wave of arrivals at Marham
Gary

aviodromefriend

138EAW wrote:I think only 4 F-35B are expected in the first wave of arrivals at Marham
So no 3*3 (Guess the Reds will want to do that one) but 2*2 is possible? Well, every aircraft needs to be fully servicable on three consecutive days. Not a common thing to achieve with aircraft types that are just entering service with an air arm.

alpha586

Post by alpha586 »

There are so many aircraft that I would like to see at RIAT this year that have a connection with the RAF but one stands out above all others. It really would be a dream come true if they could crate up and ship over a De Havilland Mosquito from the States. Yes I know it would be better suited to legends in any other year but as it is one of the RAF's most iconic aircraft I think it would fit in perfectly.
Lo que volará volará whatever will fly will fly!!