Where has XH558 thread gone?

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
IgnatiusJReilly

Re: Where has XH558 thread gone?

Post by IgnatiusJReilly »

Really pleasing to watch the progress of XL388.
Who would have thought that such progress could have been achieved with a small band of volunteers on such a limited budget?

As their restoration moves towards the interior, does anyone know if there is a plan to lend / loan / donate surplus parts from XH558's extensive spares holding to help fit out the cockpit?
Or are those spares strictly earmarked for the trust to retain / sell on eBay at some future date?
Eccentric, idealistic, and creative, sometimes to the point of delusion..

Post by 106500 »

speedbird2639 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/VulcantotheSkyTrust/photos/a.175141942516809.38145.170427449654925/1675634495800872/?type=3&theater

Latest shameless money grubbing - have a push bike for £558 (£446.40 this w/e only special offer). Its just a bog standard Rayleigh Strada with 'Vulcan XH558" stickers on it. Raleigh don't currently list a bike this basic in their Strada range on their website but their current entry level Strada start at £200.

Money grubbing eh? Others might better describe this as an innovative way to raise funds for a deserving cause, which VTTS has done for many years now with great success in restoring XH558 to flight? I'm sure some punters on this site desperately want them to fail and then rub their hands together with glee :loser:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

aviodromefriend wrote:
vulcan558 wrote:Do the vtts own the copyright, or do BAE. on Avro
I would think it is more likely it is owned by the RAF than BAe Systems or Avro (which I thought is now a part of BAe Systems?)

speedbird2639 wrote:I would guess BAe - I doubt VTTS would have had the £ to buy it or any use for it.

You'll find the answer at the bottom of most of the pages of the VTTS website :
Vulcan is a registered trademark of BAE Systems plc. Vulcan to the Sky and XH558 are trademarks of the Vulcan to the Sky Trust.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Brevet Cable wrote:You'll find the answer at the bottom of most of the pages of the VTTS website :
Vulcan is a registered trademark of BAE Systems plc. Vulcan to the Sky and XH558 are trademarks of the Vulcan to the Sky Trust.
Well, I understood the question as the copyright of what the bikes look like. For me the colorscheme of the bikes is the thing that is most looking like the aircraft. And my answer was meant as an answer to that question.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Its just a bog standard Rayleigh Strada with 'Vulcan XH558" stickers on it.

Would imply that it's the logo(s) rather than the colour scheme which is being questioned.
Assuming the bikes are in cammo colour, it's highly unlikely that that would be copyrighted/trademarked to anyone.
아직도 숨어있다

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

IgnatiusJReilly wrote:Really pleasing to watch the progress of XL388.
Who would have thought that such progress could have been achieved with a small band of volunteers on such a limited budget?

As their restoration moves towards the interior, does anyone know if there is a plan to lend / loan / donate surplus parts from XH558's extensive spares holding to help fit out the cockpit?
Or are those spares strictly earmarked for the trust to retain / sell on eBay at some future date?

My understanding is the vtts will only sell them any spares.
Why they are fundraiseing to buy spares to complete xl388.
They have missed out on some parts because they did not have the funds to acquire them.

JetMan

Post by JetMan »

vulcan558 wrote:
IgnatiusJReilly wrote:Really pleasing to watch the progress of XL388.

My understanding is the vtts will only sell them any spares.
Why they are fundraiseing to buy spares to complete xl388.
They have missed out on some parts because they did not have the funds to acquire them.

The team have an agreement with the VTTS where anything needed for the project will be set to one side for the project as long as the trust have it. I believe that this agreement is also extended to all remaining Vulcans as well. The fundraising is to cover other aspects of the restoration like the purchase of paint, fibreglass, rivets, other consumables etc. It is also for the purchase of instruments and equipment that they wouldn’t be able to get otherwise (like the Navigator Plotters seat). If you read the “story” on the justgiving page, I think it is all explained there.

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

I wasn't aware of this. Are you saying the VttST is open to sharing various spares with the other preserved Vulcans and obviously the running ones? That's good news, I was concerned every time I saw parts being sold off on ebay that the parts store would eventually be whittled away as souvenirs.

Xm657

Post by Xm657 »

Sad news released by the VRT today, that they may be loosing their Hanger due to demand from businesses at Southend Airport and the recent fire at one of the other hangars. Hopefully 426 will not be going outdoors again, but it doesn't sound good. Just goes to show the enormous challenge it is to get (and keep) a roof over a Vulcan's head.

IgnatiusJReilly

Post by IgnatiusJReilly »

JetMan wrote:If you read the “story” on the justgiving page, I think it is all explained there.

Maybe I'm missing something - When I read it, I could only see the mention of them purchasing parts, hence the question about access to the VTTS store
Eccentric, idealistic, and creative, sometimes to the point of delusion..

911T

Post by 911T »

So, that's the Swift outside then as of yesterday :facepalm:

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

911T wrote:So, that's the Swift outside then as of yesterday :facepalm:

If you're referring to XM657's post, that was referring to the Vulcan at Southend. There's been no change in XH558's circumstances at Doncaster, so no change for the Swift.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

If it was happening, with it having spent about 40 years outside just down the road from me prior to being restored, I wouldn't worry. :wink:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

911T

Post by 911T »

jalfrezi wrote:

If you're referring to XM657's post, that was referring to the Vulcan at Southend. There's been no change in XH558's circumstances at Doncaster, so no change for the Swift.

I wasn't. My post was regarding the Swift at Doncaster, believed to be in the care of the VTTS team. :whistle:

So, 'No change for the Swift' except its now parked outside in the middle of the airfield, instead of inside Hangar 3 like it was until yesterday at mid day you mean.

I appreciate the airframe has been restored, just as well with no covers on it.

edit: for correction

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

911T wrote:
jalfrezi wrote:

I wasn't. My post was regarding the Swift at Doncaster, believed to be in the care of the VTTS team. :whistle:

So, 'No change for the Swift' except its now parked outside in the middle of the airfield, instead of inside Hangar 3 like it was until yesterday at mid day you mean.

edit: for correction

So did you see it outside, or did you read about it somewhere? Your post gave very little detail, hence where the confusion crept in.

If you have any more info to share, please do!

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Oh no, what a shame,

Bet the owners a bit miffed having spent the money on its rather nice restoration, and lent it to VTTS for a period of time to find itself firstly homeless, and having to quite probably pay for hangar space at DRH, and now outside in the open where, no matter what anyone says, it will slowly deteriorate.

Someone must take it on charge for a real loan, where people can, you know, see it? and get it under cover soon surely?
Got to love Russianhardware

911T

Post by 911T »

jalfrezi wrote: So did you see it outside, or did you read about it somewhere? Your post gave very little detail, hence where the confusion crept in.

I can't see why there was any confusion.

I said Swift in the original post no reference to any Vulcan, and that it, (the Swift), was now outside. Nothing has changed from my original post. My second post was changed as I originally said no blanking plates fitted, and if you read it, :roll: it answers your question...

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

911T wrote:
jalfrezi wrote: So did you see it outside, or did you read about it somewhere? Your post gave very little detail, hence where the confusion crept in.

I can't see why there was any confusion.

I said Swift in the original post no reference to any Vulcan, and that it, (the Swift), was now outside. Nothing has changed from my original post. My second post was changed as I originally said no blanking plates fitted, and if you read it, :roll: it answers your question...

Because your first post sounded like an assumption rather than a statement, particularly after XM657's post just before yours. I'm assuming you saw it outside (rather than read about it on another forum), but now I'm having to make an assumption. :question: :roll:

Of course it may have only been moved outside temporarily....

911T

Post by 911T »

[quote="jalfrezi
Because your first post sounded like an assumption rather than a statement, particularly after XM657's post just before yours. I'm assuming you saw it outside (rather than read about it on another forum), but now I'm having to make an assumption. :question: :roll:

Of course it may have only been moved outside temporarily
....[/quote]

It was a statement of fact. Simples.

If English isn't your natural language I apologise, but the simple statement
So, that's the Swift outside then as of yesterday :facepalm:
could only be interpreted as an assumption by someone not very good at comprehension, not to mention linking it to an aircraft that has nothing to do with VTTS and isn't at Doncaster.

You then advised us because there was no change for the Vulcan at DSA, then there was 'no change for the Swift', despite having been informed by my post there had been a change for the Swift. And you think I'm making assumptions :facepalm:

From my second post:

The factual information is there, all you have to do is read it. All I'll add is add after the word airfield, utfn.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

아직도 숨어있다

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

911T wrote:
It was a statement of fact. Simples.

Apologies for making the initial assumption, I genuinely thought your comment was in reply to XM657.

I don't think there is anything further to add, so we'll leave it there.

Neverfuel

Post by Neverfuel »

Has anyone seen the Swift outside - or is it just speculation?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

'911T' claims it is.
Nothing to substantiate the claim, nothing posted on any other forum or on the VTST website ( or their twitter/facebook feeds ) by anyone making the same claim that I can see.
If it's true, is there a reason why 2Excel Aviation have suddenly decided to do so, or is it something that's been in the pipeline for some time ?
아직도 숨어있다

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

Brevet Cable wrote:'911T' claims it is.
Nothing to substantiate the claim, nothing posted on any other forum or on the VTST website ( or their twitter/facebook feeds ) by anyone making the same claim that I can see.
If it's true, is there a reason why 2Excel Aviation have suddenly decided to do so, or is it something that's been in the pipeline for some time ?

Having looked through some of 911T's previous posts he/she does seem to have a fairly good knowledge of Doncaster Airport and it's operations (something I wasn't aware of during my last 'conversation' with them), so I have no reason to doubt them. Hopefully we'll get another message from them if at some time it's moved back under cover.....

Of course it does raise the questions of 'why' and 'for how long', which have yet to be shared by any party.

GertrudetheMerciless

Post by GertrudetheMerciless »

Brevet Cable wrote:Nothing to substantiate the claim, nothing posted on any other forum or on the VTST website ( or their twitter/facebook feeds )

If you were putting something outside that arguably belonged indoors, would you publicise it anyway? :smile: