New Forest Titfest

Photos that are not aviation related
FarnboroJohn

New Forest Titfest

Post by FarnboroJohn »

No comedians please.....

People visiting Eyeworth Pond, at the end of a cul-de sac in the heart of the New Forest, put out seed and bread by the pond and at the edge of the car park for small birds. The largesse attracts many tits of four species including the normally shy, retiring and very fast-moving Marsh Tit along with a selection of other familiar birds. I took full advantage.

Image20171119 (12)_Coal_Tit by John Dixon, on Flickr

Image20171119 (13)_Nuthatch by John Dixon, on Flickr

Image20171119 (24)_Marsh_Tit by John Dixon, on Flickr

Image20171119 (28)_Great_Tit by John Dixon, on Flickr

Image20171119 (30)_Marsh_Tit by John Dixon, on Flickr

Image20171119 (34)_Marsh_Tit by John Dixon, on Flickr

Image20171119 (40)_Blue_Tit by John Dixon, on Flickr

Image20171119 (41)_Blue_Tit by John Dixon, on Flickr

Image20171119 (44)_Great_Tit by John Dixon, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy them.

John

King Cobra

Re: New Forest Titfest

Post by King Cobra »

Very nice selection indeed.

psquiddy

Post by psquiddy »

No comedians please.....

I tried not to but - :biggrin: Nice tits :biggrin: - and the Nuthatch is good as well.
Over 300 free things to do in London
http://www.toplondondaysout.co.uk

Airwolfhound

Post by Airwolfhound »

Very nice set John, love seeing these, errrrrm, little birds :smile:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Thanks guys, I haven't been to Eyeworth before and I was very impressed with the numbers and the opportunities. Definitely a place to go back to: the pond itself had Mandarins and Kingfishers.

John

tuska2

Post by tuska2 »

Lovely pics, lovely subjects, but I have to admit to being sucked in by the title...

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Beautiful images!
Whilst not expecting a mammary-show, I thought there might be images of Drivers that just can't fathom what the 40mph speed limit means? :whistle:

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Stagger2 wrote:Beautiful images!
Whilst not expecting a mammary-show, I thought there might be images of Drivers that just can't fathom what the 40mph speed limit means? :whistle:

You're not wrong, gets me really annoyed.

John

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Very good. I live only a few miles from there, but have never visited, must do so soon. BTW, had a redwing in the garden yesterday, eating some of the apples that I'd put out for the blackbirds etc. First one I'd seen this year. Sadly also attracting a neighbours black cat that I have to eject rather forcefully from time to time, he/her has not got the message yet.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Phil Standfield

Post by Phil Standfield »

Superb selection of images there. Not been there for years but did go there once when part of a local Dorset RSPB group visit to a place i cant remember and we went there to see the Mandarins as most of the group had never seen any. Did think then a nice little area with plenty of habitats although packed with cars if i remember.

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Phil Standfield wrote:Superb selection of images there. Not been there for years but did go there once when part of a local Dorset RSPB group visit to a place i cant remember and we went there to see the Mandarins as most of the group had never seen any. Did think then a nice little area with plenty of habitats although packed with cars if i remember.

Yep. Pretty crowded when we were there: most round the village pub (surprise - maybe a good recommendation though?) but the amount of cars coming right down to the pond car park and immediately leaving again, well.....! Actually, I say immediately leaving, but manoeuvring like supertankers in a telephone box: slow and still incompetent. Entertaining to watch I guess.

John

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

Great set :clap:
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place