Mixed bag from the Mach Loop - 1 November 2017

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
CameronSys

Mixed bag from the Mach Loop - 1 November 2017

Post by CameronSys »

Hey all,

Some photos from a trip to the Mach Loop on 1st November. Wasn't as cold as I'd expected so I went up to Bwlch Top shelf. After numerous trips with a single pass, a fairly busy day was very welcome!

First pass of the day, a Hawk T2..
1. ImageRoyal Air Force BAe Hawk T.2 IV.Sqn ZK026 by Cameron Sys, on Flickr

Followed by one of the two 4Sqn Centenary tail Hawks, ZK020. Nice to see the special paint still on!
2. ImageRoyal Air Force BAe Hawk T.2 IV.Sqn ZK020 by Cameron Sys, on Flickr

A while later another Hawk came snaking through the Valleys, as it got nearer I was surprised to see that I'd got a Red Arrows Hawk come through!
3. ImageRoyal Air Force BAe Hawk T.1a Red Arrows XX311 by Cameron Sys, on Flickr

4. ImageRoyal Air Force BAe Hawk T.1a Red Arrows XX311 by Cameron Sys, on Flickr

Tearing through an hour later was a Tornado GR.4, surprised to see how low these guys come through, superb flying!
5. ImageRoyal Air Force Panavia Tornado GR.4 ZD849 by Cameron Sys, on Flickr

Once the GR4 cleared, I glanced down the valley to see a Herc on its way through. Another Special tail to boot!
6. ImageRoyal Air Force C-130J Hercules ZH883 by Cameron Sys, on Flickr

And to close the day was a selection of Tucanos in the dying of the light, thumbs up from the rear seater!
7. ImageRoyal Air Force Shorts Tucano ZF264 by Cameron Sys, on Flickr

All in all, a very good day. Was starting to believe I'd never see any more than a pass in a day!
Cheers
Cameron