Another Hunter ruined..

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
iainpeden

Re: Another Hunter ruined..

Post by iainpeden »

cg_341 wrote:8sqn operate Typhoons from RAFO Adam.

Paint those in a desert scheme and nobody would grumble.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

RRconway

Post by RRconway »

Marathon Milkshake wrote:Its not ruined at all, paint can be stripped and applied time and time again. Chopping it up into tiny little pieces, melting it down into ingots and then making razor blades will ruin it, somebody is just offended its not in its original colour scheme. Hey ho, tough luck

As long as those razor blades are painted in raspberry ripple colour, all will be fine. :biggrin:
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.

st24

Post by st24 »

GertrudetheMerciless wrote:
Wrexham Mackem wrote:
Brevet Cable wrote:They could always have left it rotting away in Swansea, I suppose....

I think some would genuinely prefer the correct markings yet rotting scenario. :roll:

I disagree - you've missed the point. Those aren't the alternatives up for debate. The point is that a great deal of time and money has been spent on this airframe, yet a rather silly end result has been produced when an authentic one was perfectly feasible, with similar resources.

I don't think I've missed the point at all. I genuinely think people would rather it rot. Yes the owner's spent a lot of money on a paint job. Maybe the owner wanted a low maintenance hybrid RAFO/8 Sqn colour scheme? After all, they are very much linked even if a hybrid scheme is not accurate, and shiney.

Nope, as Nigel said you have completely missed the point.
As for a hybrid scheme, no RAFO Hunters wore desert camo - they appeared to go from their former RJordAF RAF scheme into yucky matt 2 greys.
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

GertrudetheMerciless

Post by GertrudetheMerciless »

st24 wrote:Nope, as Nigel said you have completely missed the point.
As for a hybrid scheme, no RAFO Hunters wore desert camo - they appeared to go from their former RJordAF RAF scheme into yucky matt 2 greys.

Keep your teddies in your pram. :smile:

Yeah they did didn't they. We're all completely wrong. Sorry. Doesn't explain the photos that appeared (to use your word) to show RAFO Hunters (including T-bird) in two tone sand/brown camouflage though.

I'll leave this here:

#awkward.

Sums up the modern world though; let's get really angry about something as inconsequential as an aircraft owner painting an aeroplane how they want to. You an your mate Nigel are the type that make forums like this somewhat uncomfortable places to be and give the "enthusiast community" the slightly special place in society it has.

st24

Post by st24 »

st24 wrote:Nope, as Nigel said you have completely missed the point.

Keep your teddies in your pram. :smile:

Yeah they did didn't they. We're all completely wrong. Sorry. Doesn't explain the photos that appeared (to use your word) to show RAFO Hunters (including T-bird) in two tone sand/brown camouflage though.

I'll leave this here:

#awkward.

Sums up the modern world though; let's get really angry about something as inconsequential as an aircraft owner painting an aeroplane how they want to. You an your mate Nigel are the type that make forums like this somewhat uncomfortable places to be and give the "enthusiast community" the slightly special place in society it has.

Oh Gerty you do amuse me as I’m sure you do “my mate Nigel”! :grin:

Teddies well and truly stowed in this pram- with such a glum outlook on most threads I can only imagine your pram being bereft of toys or other things of pleasure…

Well you and “your mates” are in the completely wrong camp if you think RAFO Hunters ever had desert camo-

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Ih5 ... rs&f=false

And is me (and a few other saddos) wanting a bit of accuracy on the painting of a jet a metaphor for the state of the modern world?? I really think not. Au contraire about us making the place “special” and uncomfortable, as one of the most respected and revered long standing members of UKAR, consider it a privilege to be posting alongside me… :snack:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!