forum

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
bucksmjb

forum

Post by bucksmjb »

I find it really sad that certain people have nothing better to do than to delve into posts (from Facebook) which are 2,3,4, years old and to make statements concerning them and about people. Get a life !

boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: forum

Post by boff180 »

Hello,

Thank you for your first ever post on here (I think).

If you have any concerns about posts made, please report them or contact a member of the staff team.

Regards

Andy

bucksmjb

Post by bucksmjb »

boff180 wrote:Hello,

If you have any concerns about posts made, please report them or contact a member of the staff team.

Regards

Andy

Well yes actually - shouldn't your staff members be impartial? - instead one of them is joining onto a "bandwagon" and berating a facebook group without any knowledge whatsoever.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

It does rather sum up the way too many people use social media to attack and denigrate others. As a former head teacher I have had to deal with comments made about individual teachers which, if properly followed through, would have easily been upheld in the libel courts. We seem to be in an era of attack others at random and squeal if somebody has a go back.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

bucksmjb wrote:
boff180 wrote:Hello,

Regards

Andy

Well yes actually - shouldn't your staff members be impartial? - instead one of them is joining onto a "bandwagon" and berating a facebook group without any knowledge whatsoever.

Most of them are but there is a particular member on here who seems to live a charmed life and be allowed to attack whomever he wants.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

What staff members do with their own personal accounts on Facebook has nothing to do with UKAR.

If you would like to PM a staffer to make a complaint please feel free.

bucksmjb

Post by bucksmjb »

boff180 wrote:What staff members do with their own personal accounts on Facebook has nothing to do with UKAR.

If you would like to PM a staffer to make a complaint please feel free.

It was NOT on his personal facebook account - he has posted AS a staff member on HERE and used his position to belittle someone or something ewlse and Im sure that is not right!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Sorry to hear that you are aggrieved about a staffers post.

Rather than making a thread to rant about it, I would suggest engaging in the thread in question to explain why their opinion in light of evidence provided is incorrect.

Otherwise if you do wish to make a complaint about a staffer or contact a staffer about their behaviour, I refer you to forum rule 25 which can be found via the link entitled "Rules" above.

Therefore as this thread serves no real purpose, it is hereby locked.

Andy