APRES

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
speedbird2639

Re: APRES

Post by speedbird2639 »

They appear to be thinking that people will pay £52 and expect nothing in return (as far as I can see) other than the money will be passed on to various aviation projects of their choice. Which doesn't seem very appealing when everyone can already look at all the current on going aviation projects in the UK and then make a decision as to whether to donate or not and if so how much directly to that project.

These days there seems to be too many people who would rather be a 'big wheel' on a website or a Facebook page rather than go along to a local project and ask if they can volunteer in any way.

It's not limited to the aviation world - just look at the type of chancers that were on this years edition of The Apprentice.

robterry99

Post by robterry99 »

Those are listed as "proposed member benefits", so presumably none of that actually exists. Worth very penny! :lol:

It seems "Caz" has got a Saturday grump on because we're all talking about her and her ridiculous non-charity...

http://www.apres.org.uk/forums/topic/aviation-forums/#post-21542

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

From the above link :
Should you require any further information with regards to the authenticity of APRES please do not hesitate to email myself or any of our Trustees

Maybe it's just me, but I can't find anywhere on their website which contains a list of who the Trustees are. :dunno:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

Surely to have Trustees you need to be a trust and to do that I would assume you need your charity application to have been approved.

Or have I missed something?

robterry99

Post by robterry99 »

So it appears Ms McCall has been playing fast-and-loose with the terms "charity" and "trust" for a while.

This thread on Facebook from November 2014 makes interesting reading - she appears to have established some kind of Supersonic Airways Heritage Aviation "Trust", which turned out to be neither a trust, nor a charity.

And now three years later, the name might be different but the concerns remain the same.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

robterry99 wrote:Those are listed as "proposed member benefits", so presumably none of that actually exists. Worth very penny! :lol:

It seems "Caz" has got a Saturday grump on because we're all talking about her and her ridiculous non-charity...

http://www.apres.org.uk/forums/topic/aviation-forums/#post-21542

Fascinated to know what your connection to all this is? Frankly, I'd never heard of this lot until you joined this forum and gave them the publicity...
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

robterry99

Post by robterry99 »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
robterry99 wrote:Fascinated to know what your connection to all this? Frankly, I'd never heard of this lot until you joined this forum and gave them the publicity...

Just a fascinated bystander who wants to publicise the actions and promises of APRES, hopefully allowing people to make up their own minds.

bucksmjb

Post by bucksmjb »

robterry99 wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:
robterry99 wrote:Fascinated to know what your connection to all this? Frankly, I'd never heard of this lot until you joined this forum and gave them the publicity...

Just a fascinated bystander who wants to publicise the actions and promises of APRES, hopefully allowing people to make up their own minds.

make up their own minds? - so long as it corresponds with your ideas?

robterry99

Post by robterry99 »

bucksmjb wrote:make up their own minds? - so long as it corresponds with your ideas?

Eh? I've posted some screenshots and links. Those are undeniable facts, so please don't play the Donald Trump "FAKE NEWS" card.

To be honest, I don't really care what people think. I'd just like people to read the facts and make up their own minds about APRES, because from what I've seen it doesn't look like the business plan stacks up.

If you are able to enlighten us more about APRES, that'd be great! Perhaps we've all jumped to the wrong conclusions?

robterry99

Post by robterry99 »

Btw, I think it's great that (finally) someone from APRES is willing to engage on UKAR.

Hopefully you'll be able to answer questions that people have?

bucksmjb

Post by bucksmjb »

robterry99 wrote:
bucksmjb wrote:make up their own minds? - so long as it corresponds with your ideas?

Eh? I've posted some screenshots and links. Those are undeniable facts, so please don't play the Donald Trump "FAKE NEWS" card.

To be honest, I don't really care what people think. I'd just like people to read the facts and make up their own minds about APRES, because from what I've seen it doesn't look like the business plan stacks up.

If you are able to enlighten us more about APRES, that'd be great! Perhaps we've all jumped to the wrong conclusions?

Undeniable facts? - is that according to you?Whoever it was that posted the conversation which proved that Robert Pleming was a part of apres made 2 errors. 1) at no point did anyone say he was a part of apres 2) there is no h in Pleming

CJS

Post by CJS »

This is all very odd. Do you two know each other per chance?
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

CJS

Post by CJS »

This is all very odd. Do you two know each other per chance?

Join at similar times, not many posts then suddenly we all know about APRES...just saying...
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

speedbird2639

Post by speedbird2639 »

CJS

Most probably two logins for the same person...

Certainly very prickly for a first time poster - most people ease themselves in gently not leap into the spotlight all guns blazing.

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Until such a point that APRES and UKHAT can prove that they are bona-fide Trusts or charities in the legal sense, and not assortments of shysters, children, dreamers, chancers and cretins of variable intellect, then I'm afraid they shall be looked at and treated with the disdain and contempt they currently enjoy.

robterry99

Post by robterry99 »

I would have to be pretty schizophrenic to bounce between the calm rational thinking "robterry99" and the prickly explosiveness of "bucksmjb". So no, it's not two logins from the same person.

I don't know him, I've just seen his posts on the APRES Facebook group. And as I said, I think it's great that he's finally engaging in a public forum.

bucksmjb

Post by bucksmjb »

CJS wrote:This is all very odd. Do you two know each other per chance?

Ask "robterry99"

bucksmjb

Post by bucksmjb »

robterry99 wrote:I would have to be pretty schizophrenic to bounce between the calm rational thinking "robterry99" and the prickly explosiveness of "bucksmjb". So no, it's not two logins from the same person.

I don't know him, I've just seen his posts on the APRES Facebook group. And as I said, I think it's great that he's finally engaging in a public forum.

very interesting - I have never posted on the APRES facebook page

bucksmjb

Post by bucksmjb »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:Until such a point that APRES and UKHAT can prove that they are bona-fide Trusts or charities in the legal sense, and not assortments of shysters, children, dreamers, chancers and cretins of variable intellect, then I'm afraid they shall be looked at and treated with the disdain and contempt they currently enjoy.

brilliantly put - so everyone is guilty until proved innoocent?

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

It would appear that there are personal issues at play here, as I suspected there might be. If that is indeed the case, then please take it to PMs or back to your facebook pages, UKAR is no place for your squabbles.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

robterry99

Post by robterry99 »

bucksmjb wrote:very interesting - I have never posted on the APRES facebook page

Really?

So you aren't the same "bucksmjb" as @bucksmjb on Twitter, which is Mike Bowden, admin of the APRES Facebook page?

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Here lies APRES credibility.

RIP.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

I can't be the only person feeling a sense of deja vu here......it's all too reminiscent of what happened when TPM was first discussed on here & other forums, which is a shame, really.
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

bucksmjb

Post by bucksmjb »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:It would appear that there are personal issues at play here, as I suspected there might be. If that is indeed the case, then please take it to PMs or back to your facebook pages, UKAR is no place for your squabbles.

why dont you lock the thread?
the only personal issues seem to be with "robterry99" who persistently berates a facebook page called APRES

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

Brevet Cable wrote:I can't be the only person feeling a sense of deja vu here......it's all too reminiscent of what happened when TPM was first discussed on here & other forums, which is a shame, really.

Worse. At least when TPM ran amok on here, Ross Sharp and John Lilley had some concrete plans and posted under their own names. These latest bunches are beneath contempt, and neither has any specific plans for an airframe or even a type!