Feline Photography

Photos that are not aviation related
Pringles

Feline Photography

Post by Pringles »

Recently, I became a Blue Cross photographer for their Solihull cattery. This role involves photographing all of the new arrivals, for use on the BC website and social media, in the hope of aiding their chances of adoption. While the conditions (and subjects sometimes!) may be challenging, it's an extremely rewarding role that really doesn't require a great deal of time - I would recommend that any of you able photographers on here look into opportunities for your work to help good causes such as BC in your local area!

Anyway, on with the photos! Here is a collection from 3 different visits to the cattery - where a cat remains available for adoption I will label them as such, on the off chance any of you lot are interested (PM me if so)

Bubbles (only really a kitten herself, Bubbles was taken in by Blue Cross while pregnant and has given birth to a litter of kittens since being taken in)
Bubbles by Alexander Prins, on Flickr
Bubbles by Alexander Prins, on Flickr

One of Bubbles' adorable young kittens:
Button's Kitten by Alexander Prins, on Flickr

Simba was taken in along with his sister after their previous owner was forced to move into accommodation where pets were banned, as Ragdoll crosses they were both snapped up:
Simba - Rag Doll Cross by Alexander Prins, on Flickr
Simba - Rag Doll Cross by Alexander Prins, on Flickr

This young mother, similarly to Bubbles, was also taken in by BC while pregnant, and her kittens are little over a month old:
Young Single Mother... by Alexander Prins, on Flickr
While not the best photo, this one's too adorable not to share!
Pile On! by Alexander Prins, on Flickr
This kitten was bold enough to play with me, while the others slept:
Kitten by Alexander Prins, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, I will update this thread as and when I have more photos to share :biggrin:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

aceyone

Re: Feline Photography

Post by aceyone »

Lovely pics and a great thing to do :clap:
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Thanks aceyone - it's not hard to make these cats look adorable on camera and it's incredibly rewarding to do - getting to play with adorable young kittens is just a bonus of course! :grin:

tenyearsafter

Post by tenyearsafter »

Very nice set

Berf

Post by Berf »

Rescued two this year walking along the road. People buy kittens to amuse the kids for the summer at their holiday homes and dump them on the road/forest on the way back to their 'usual' homes after the holiday.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Thanks tenyearsafter for your kind words! Berf, I've never heard of that happening before but somehow I'm not surprised - there are some callous low life's out there! Fortunately every adoption from Blue Cross goes to a loving and suitable home!