Red Arrows v BBMF

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
Dan O'Hagan

Red Arrows v BBMF

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WaddingtonMWC/status/946415363809579008[/tweet]

Presumably the spectators have to watch from a safe area a mile away while all roads around the stadium are closed. And it'll finish 0-0. :wink: :lol:

speedbird2639

Re: Red Arrows v BBMF

Post by speedbird2639 »

:clap:

I don't have high hopes that the Reds will manage to field a full team of 11 given they struggled to get 9 out at most displays this year.

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

Dan O'Hagan wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/WaddingtonMWC/status/946415363809579008[/tweet]

Presumably the spectators have to watch from a safe area a mile away while all roads around the stadium are closed. And it'll finish 0-0. :wink: :lol:

:lmao: :lmao:
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

CJS

Post by CJS »

Someone had better tell the synchro pair to go the same direction this time.
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

Suppose Red 10 will be "Player/ Manager"?

st24

Post by st24 »

BBMF players will slide around on their backs so only their undersides show...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

When i read the title i thought ‘blimey the BBMF doing the gypo break? They’re surely not going head to head!’

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

speedbird2639 wrote:I don't have high hopes that the Reds will manage to field a full team of 11 given they struggled to get 9 out at most displays this year.
Circus?
Dan O'Hagan wrote:And it'll finish 0-0. :wink: :lol:
You're aware own goals also count in football?
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Hammy

Post by Hammy »

It'll be interesting to see what formation the Reds play in.
Last edited by Hammy on Fri 29 Dec 2017, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author, visionary, dreamweaver... Plus actor.

Planespotters.net gallery
mwneedham.com

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Airshowhammer wrote:When i read the title i thought ‘blimey the BBMF doing the gypo break? They’re surely not going head to head!’

When I read it I thought it would be a discussion as to which one of them will be binned after the next SDSR.

As it's not.....how much will they be selling the event programme for ?
:whistle:

:biggrin:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

Hammy wrote:It'll be interesting to see what formation the will Reds play in.

I guess that depends if one of them is ill or their partner's expecting a baby, in which case they might only field half a team.

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

I'm more concerned to know who the MAAtch officials are going to be. And how strange the decisions that result will be!

John

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

The MoD will be in charge of procuring new players for the game, but decide to spend millions on refurbishing old players with really expensive new boots instead.
That's before realising that none of the really expensive boots fit, so they flog them off dirt cheap to 'soccer' players in the MLS and spend more millions on ordering more sets of really expensive new boots, but in a different size.

The Government cries foul and steps in, cancels the order and decides that new players in Hi-Tec boots will do, while the old players are quietly hidden behind the scoreboard and have their legs broken with a bulldozer.

st24

Post by st24 »

jalfrezi wrote:
Hammy wrote:It'll be interesting to see what formation the will Reds play in.

I guess that depends if one of them is ill or their partner's expecting a baby, in which case they might only field half a team.

Meeeoww!! :handbag: :grin:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

I wonder if the BBMF will play in Thompson formation?

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Catering by SODEXO, stewards by G4S & match officials by Capita ?
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Traveller

Post by Traveller »

I'd go to this for charity but even I'd struggle to spend 90 mins in the toilet during both sides 'display'

CJS

Post by CJS »

Traveller wrote:I'd go to this for charity but even I'd struggle to spend 90 mins in the toilet during both sides 'display'

Don't worry, we'll lock you in.
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

XP282

Post by XP282 »

The sad reality is that this thread just about sums up UKAR these days :-(

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

XP282 wrote:The sad reality is that this thread just about sums up UKAR these days :-(

What? That the vast majority of posters are having a little fun in support of something that is supposed to be a bit of fun in the name of a good cause? A cause that I’m sure those that can support with their money, they will.

If that sums up UKAR these days, then I give it a massive thumbs up. :up:

Dan O'Hagan

Post by Dan O'Hagan »

boff180 wrote:
XP282 wrote:The sad reality is that this thread just about sums up UKAR these days :-(

What? That the vast majority of posters are having a little fun in support of something that is supposed to be a bit of fun in the name of a good cause? A cause that I’m sure those that can support with their money, they will.

If that sums up UKAR these days, then I give it a massive thumbs up. :up:

Indeed, it was getting all po-faced about upsetting the sacred cows in the RAF that saw UKAR lose its sense of humour in the first place.

XP282

Post by XP282 »

Sorry to be the party pooper but, (for example).... I don’t think publicly criticising someone on a open forum for wanting (or maybe even NEEDING) to be at the birth of their child is banter. This is not pub talk.... this stuff is going out for the whole world to read. Sorry, I don’t mean to be a grump but I don’t think that’s right.

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

XP282 wrote:Sorry to be the party pooper but, (for example).... I don’t think publicly criticising someone on a open forum for wanting (or maybe even NEEDING) to be at the birth of their child is banter. This is not pub talk.... this stuff is going out for the whole world to read. Sorry, I don’t mean to be a grump but I don’t think that’s right.

It was a tongue in cheek comment, though what happened at Scampton was a farce. I understand the reason they gave as to why only half the team could display, but plenty of other teams manage to fly a routine with a man down (so to speak) rather than can half of the display.

They are an RAF display team funded by the tax payer, they are not above criticism.

Maybe I should have put a smiley face at the end of my original comment? :whistle:

XP282

Post by XP282 »

jalfrezi wrote:
XP282 wrote:Sorry to be the party pooper but, (for example).... I don’t think publicly criticising someone on a open forum for wanting (or maybe even NEEDING) to be at the birth of their child is banter. This is not pub talk.... this stuff is going out for the whole world to read. Sorry, I don’t mean to be a grump but I don’t think that’s right.

It was a tongue in cheek comment, though what happened at Scampton was a farce. I understand the reason they gave as to why only half the team could display, but plenty of other teams manage to fly a routine with a man down (so to speak) rather than can half of the display.

They are an RAF display team funded by the tax payer, they are not above criticism.

Maybe I should have put a smiley face at the end of my original comment? :whistle:

I agree with you fully. The display at Scampton was a farce, and the team should not be without critism. I don’t think individuals should be without critism either.... but not for reasons such as the arrival for their child. That is not a valid reason to criticise. The reds do fly with one man down but have a policy not to fly with two men down. So when one jet went US while taxiing out it messed things up!

Anyway, I wasn’t meaning to single you out, and you certainly aren’t the only person on the internet to make the comment about one of the reds being at home with their baby! I just think it’s a bit of a harsh comment to make on a public forum. But hay, we’re all different! For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t have thought any better if the comment if you’d put a smiley!!!!!! ;-)

Happy New Year.

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

I get what you're saying; my remark was off the cuff and it certainly wasn't my intention to lay any blame at the pilot in question, even though it may have come across that way.