Trans-Pennine Deltic

Trans-Pennine Deltic

Postby alisdairanderson on Sun 31 Dec 2017, 11:20 am

Saturday saw a railtour from York to Liverpool, marking 36 years since the final Deltic-hauled service over the Pennines..... same loco as on the final run in 1981, preserved 55009 'Alycidon' is seen approaching Morley on the outskirts of Leeds:

Cheers
Alisdair
alisdairanderson

Re: Trans-Pennine Deltic

Postby speedbird2639 on Sun 31 Dec 2017, 12:01 pm

Great photo - love the Deltics (though how, in these environmentally puritan times, they are still permitted to operate an 18 cylinder 2 stroke diesel I'm not sure!)
speedbird2639

Postby Georgeconna on Tue 02 Jan 2018, 10:11 am

Pity about the God Awful Green Fence. Nice set of Mk.2's to relive the 70's. otherwise nice catch.
Cheers

George

2017 shows
Yeovilton via Webcast from My Armchair.
Foynes and Bray for my sins.
Thats me done for 2017
Georgeconna

Postby wv383 on Tue 02 Jan 2018, 10:34 pm

Great shot. Just wish it had sound!
Simon
wv383

Postby alisdairanderson on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 7:16 am

Thanks for the comments; it sounded superb as it came around the curve! The consolation is the fence wasn't bright silver in colour.... but I think the fence went up the same time as the footbridge was constructed (in the last few years) as it replaced a flat crossing, so without it, there wouldn't have been a decent view!

Cheers
Alisdair
alisdairanderson

Postby Georgeconna on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 9:42 am

Nice one, Pity with every green Fence there is not a Silver footbridge!!. The Foliage will probably grow back to obscure it in a few years. Is that orange line along the roof meets body area a Modern Addition?
Cheers

George

2017 shows
Thats me done for 2017
Georgeconna

Postby glyn on Thu 04 Jan 2018, 8:40 pm

Georgeconna wrote:Nice one, Pity with every green Fence there is not a Silver footbridge!!. The Foliage will probably grow back to obscure it in a few years. Is that orange line along the roof meets body area a Modern Addition?

The orange line was a warning to crews not to climb above the line because of the overhead live wires.Ouch.Could be a nasty shock. :ghost:
Glyn
glyn

Postby The Baron on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 4:51 pm

I caught Alycidon at Swanage when it was wearing a two tone green colour. It does look good in BR blue though.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby Georgeconna on Mon 08 Jan 2018, 10:52 am

glyn wrote:
Georgeconna wrote:Nice one, Pity with every green Fence there is not a Silver footbridge!!. The Foliage will probably grow back to obscure it in a few years. Is that orange line along the roof meets body area a Modern Addition?

The orange line was a warning to crews not to climb above the line because of the overhead live wires.Ouch.Could be a nasty shock. :ghost:
Glyn

Thanks but it was not there in the 70's though. Adds a wee bit of colour.
Cheers

George

2017 shows
Thats me done for 2017
Georgeconna

Return to General Photography