Free Airfix Spitfire with the Daily Mail

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
AFKAMC

Free Airfix Spitfire with the Daily Mail

Post by AFKAMC »

Just spotted on Newsnight's round-up of tomorrow's front pages (of all places), it seems tomorrow's Daily Mail (or Fail, if you prefer) is offering a voucher for a free Airfix Spitfire, for collection from W.H. Smiths. Think it might be a 1:72 Mk.1a.

By the way, standards are slipping on Newsnight these days: the other night one of the guests dropped the F-bomb :shock: and tonight they kept saying "sh1thole" for some reason :lol:

PS. My laptop seems to think I posted this an hour in the future, so just to clarify, "tomorrow" is Sat 13 Jan.

Big Eric

Re: Free Airfix Spitfire with the Daily Mail

Post by Big Eric »

AFKAMC wrote:
PS. My laptop seems to think I posted this an hour in the future, so just to clarify, "tomorrow" is Sat 13 Jan.

You need to update your settings every time the clocks go forward or back, go to User Control Panel>Board Preferences>change "Summer Time/DST is in effect" to No>Submit.

AFKAMC

Post by AFKAMC »

Thanks, will do.

Got the kit too. If anyone's interested, it's kit no. A68206, depicting Mk.Ia of 610 Squadron. Includes acrylics, brush and cement.

G for George

Post by G for George »

Just spotted this on the front of my uncle's paper (I don't read the Mail, honest :shock: ). Hopefully there will be some left in my local store.

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy »

WH Smith Swindon didn't have any. :mad:
Why so serious?