DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Sat 13 Jan 2018, 1:45 am

F/A-18C Hornet is now available for pre-purchase!
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Postby Agg on Sat 13 Jan 2018, 5:59 pm

Already bought it, now we play the waiting game ;)
Agg
UKAR Staff

Postby boff180 on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 9:19 am

Want it but will wait until it’s a properly working module, the first release is going to be lacking a large number of systems/capabilities.

I want to be able to fly a mission where I fight my way in, defeating a CAP, taking out the base SAM site then pickling a few bombs down the runway before refuelling and landing back on a carrier.
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby McG on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 12:31 pm

First module I've bought since the Hawk. The $20 discount wasn't to be sniffed at as its unlikely to be this low in price for the rest of the year.
McG

Postby Agg on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 1:38 pm

boff180 wrote:Want it but will wait until it’s a properly working module, the first release is going to be lacking a large number of systems/capabilities.

I want to be able to fly a mission where I fight my way in, defeating a CAP, taking out the base SAM site then pickling a few bombs down the runway before refuelling and landing back on a carrier.

I see your point, but personally I don't mind that the Early Access version won't have all the bells and whistles. It's going to be a soft start, and in many ways like flying a Finnish or Swiss Hornet without any advanced air to ground capabilities :P
Agg
UKAR Staff

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 5:28 pm

Agg wrote:
boff180 wrote:Want it but will wait until it’s a properly working module, the first release is going to be lacking a large number of systems/capabilities.

I see your point, but personally I don't mind that the Early Access version won't have all the bells and whistles. It's going to be a soft start, and in many ways like flying a Finnish or Swiss Hornet without any advanced air to ground capabilities :P

Yeah its the one thing putting me off it at the minute.
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby Wissam24 on Sun 14 Jan 2018, 10:16 pm

Not my cup of tea, I shall be waiting for the sales. Can't say I'm interested in flying a computer inside my computer. Give me a real plane like the Phantom
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby McG on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 11:31 am

Going by the proposed release schedule, you should have that and the F-14 this year.
McG

Postby Agg on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 12:06 pm

Wissam24 wrote:Not my cup of tea, I shall be waiting for the sales. Can't say I'm interested in flying a computer inside my computer. Give me a real plane like the Phantom

I'll take one of each please ;)
Agg
UKAR Staff

Postby Wissam24 on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:44 pm

Agg wrote:
Wissam24 wrote:Not my cup of tea, I shall be waiting for the sales. Can't say I'm interested in flying a computer inside my computer. Give me a real plane like the Phantom

With a side of Hind fries?
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 5:50 pm

Wissam24 wrote:
Agg wrote:

With a side of Hind fries?

ohh please :worship:
Uniden UBC125XLT

The Jacket kid

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby Wissam24 on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 7:06 pm

Shame it's the P, but still a Hind
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Return to Flight Simulators