Yemen.....yes, Yemen

Photos older than five years old (preferably much older)
planenuts

Yemen.....yes, Yemen

Post by planenuts »

Hi chaps,

I previously (23/8/17 under General Photography) submitted a post covering the general trip around the mainland of Yemen and the island of Socotra (where?).

This was in 2007, and upon arrival at Sana'a Airport, I forgot that most of the Yemen Air Force was based there too. Without a camera in hand whilst still on the taxying plane, I managed to miss easily photographing a waiting Su-22 Fitter and a whole ramp full of helicopters (Mil-17/24/14 + Kamovs).....D'oh !!
Managed to slightly make up for it whilst on the (moving) airport bus, with these Yemen Air Force F-5Es.....

ImageIMG_5152 by Rupert Kelley, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5153 by Rupert Kelley, on Flickr

On another day in Aden, our bus passed this preserved Mig-17 by a roundabout. Couldn't stop, as the driver feared for my safety if I got off and did it :whistle:
ImageIMG_5154 by Rupert Kelley, on Flickr

Also missed multiple overflights of Mig-29 pairs and Su-22 pairs while in Sana'a and a couple of An-26s. But just glad to come back with something !!

Short and sweet this time. Sorry they're a bit fuzzy, but that's Yemen. The place was fascinating, the people delightful. Shame what's happened to it now.
Can't hang around in public snapping away at aircraft. That's why these piccies have a running theme (taken in moving vehicles).

Happy snapping chaps,

Rupe
Name someone who loves you enough to die for you. I can only think of 1.......there is only 1

steved

Re: Yemen.....yes, Yemen

Post by steved »

Thanks for posting these rarities.

Never seen any types from this country before and never knew they flew the F-5.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Spiny Norman

Re: Yemen.....yes, Yemen

Post by Spiny Norman »

steved wrote:Thanks for posting these rarities.

Never seen any types from this country before and never knew they flew the F-5.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's seconded. Nice to see these.